Samsung Electronics Employee Reviews about "no work life"
68% would recommend to a friend
(809 total reviews)
Jong Hee Han
73% approve of CEO
What people are saying about Samsung Electronics
Jobs in Tech
4 months ago
Hi, I am looking for jobs in electronics and computer engineering in EU, but am severely struggling. I have 4+ years of research experience and 1+ yr of industry experience. Can someone please refer me to any such opportunities in germany, switzerland, netherlands, UK. I am ready to relocate and can afford my visa fees if sponsorship is not available. I can dm my CV if necessary. Amazon Google Microsoft Intel Corporation Nvidia Qualcomm Samsung Samsung Electronics. Renesas STMicroelectronics Tes
Got a burning question about Samsung Electronics? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Samsung Electronics employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "responsible and well behaved staff and every workaer work very hard.it also provide a good salary to every worker of the company..." (in 773 reviews)
- "Stable and good benefit and off from work on time" (in 593 reviews)
- "Great people and very talented." (in 381 reviews)
- "Pay is good if you are from good college and no need to work hard just complete office hours" (in 308 reviews)
- "good colleagues and partners" (in 180 reviews)
- "No work life balance Need to work on Saturdays and on Holidays without any comp off" (in 500 reviews)
- "Poor management of immediate superior Little to no empathy from leadership Multiple red flags shown by company staff members on poor work culture" (in 453 reviews)
- "korean culture and working process is not efficient" (in 431 reviews)
- "Fixed working hours in the office" (in 184 reviews)
- "Long hours and very competitive" (in 150 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Samsung Electronics and is not affected by filters.
Found 809 of over 14K reviews
Updated Nov 30, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Reviews about "no work life"Return to all Reviews
- 3.0Oct 24, 2015Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee, more than 1 yearToronto, ON
The company offers an number of great benefits as well as good salary. Opportunity to use some excellent products which is a good perk good salary excellent products
Employer does not seem to understand that they create a poor work/life balance for its employees and makes it a challenging environment
- 3.0Jun 23, 2021Product DesignerCurrent EmployeeSunnyvale, CA
"Great benefits for health insurance" (in 72 reviews) "Lots of good benefits and competitive pay among tech industry" (in 70 reviews)
'Work life balance is a bit off but you get compensated with OT' (in 169 reviews) 'All approvals have to come from Korea' (in 83 reviews)
- 3.0Mar 3, 2016Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee
The company offered competitive salary and additional benefits. I was able to work with many smart people and learn a lot at work.
It was not easy to keep the work life balance and some times had to work outside the regular working time.
- 4.0Mar 29, 2023Senior QA EngineerFormer EmployeeChennai
Can have a wide range of exposure to ecommerce domain
No work life balance Need to work on Saturdays and on Holidays without any comp off
- 2.0Aug 13, 2010Lead EngineerCurrent EmployeeBengaluru
Pays a little higher than industry standards Product based Company Free facilities(break fast + lunch + Dinner + transport) Good technical work
A little higher pay can cost you dearly :) Typical Korean culture is followed(work, work and work) little or no work life balance( expect late nights + weekends often + if @ onsite then work like dogs) horrible HR policies Commercialization projects are pathetic reduced onsite component recently
- 4.0Aug 22, 2019Software Development EngineerCurrent Employee, more than 8 yearsSuwŏn, Kyonggi
1. Willing to be the best 2. Plenty of nice engineers 3. Many educational opportunities
1. Political troubles between team leaders are happened many times. 2. More closed to manufacturing company rather than IT 3. Work & life balance is not so good ( but company is trying to be better)
- 1.0Apr 14, 2023Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearSingapore
Just because it a well-known brand globally
No work life balance due to the endless work to chase after sales and KPIs. No real initiatives from HR to retain employees or improve employees' welfare, they merely listen to management's instructions. Staff feedbacks to HR are not taken seriously, but greeted with reasons and no proper action plan after. Company has no trust in employees, hence with all the policies in place. Management does not reward good performance, but set higher unrealistic targets. Claimed to regard employees as the core of its business but in reality is the entirely opposite.4
- 5.0Oct 22, 2022DirectorFormer Employee, more than 1 yearMountain View, CA
Can work with great engineers aling with huge potential and brilliant ideas. This Koreans are so diligent and never missed deadline.
Executives were not giving any directions and concerns your life other than the work place. No interests in long term career development.
- 4.0Jun 23, 2015Samsung C&TCurrent EmployeeSeoul
Salary career....great colleagues, lots of opportunity if u commit to the company. But if u want more free alone time in ur life not good
Culture work and life balance really bad ... Doesnt really care avout the employees life only care about the profit that u make t1