KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

60 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Samsung Research America and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year
    Featured Review

Excellent workplace

Jan 18, 2022 - Senior Hardware Engineer in Plano, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

# Great leadership # Great work life balance # Excellent team environment # Training resources available

Cons

Office space crowded for some teams (For covid time, it is fine).

Sr. manager HR Ops

Hello and thank you for your feedback! It's great to hear that you are enjoying your time at SRA. Have a great day!

2. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Going to the right direction

Jan 3, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Going to the right direction after few transitions

Cons

Bureaucratic but this can be worked out.

3. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Good team but too many self inflicted wounds from Korea Mothership

Jun 18, 2022 - Senior Staff ASIC Engineer in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good team. US mgmt team overall is pretty good. Try to make the best mobile GPU to beat Qualcomm and Apple. I think the latest strategy to take on competitor is sound so potential is there.

Cons

But G2/Korea mothership keep on changing directions, redirecting resources and cancel projects. They dug a hole so deep themselves it maybe too late for them to catch up to their competitors.

Director, Workforce Communications & Engagement

Hello there. Thank you for your feedback. We are glad to hear you enjoy working with your team. Feel free to email us at HRFeedback@samsung.com. Have a great day.

4. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Not a great place to work relative to other companies in Silicon Valley

May 20, 2022 - Research Engineer in Mountain View, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- well known brand within global technology industry - decent health benefits - good at doing research and providing daily autonomy - employee discounts on Samsung products - nice offices, cafeteria and fitness center

Cons

- total compensation is much lower than most other silicon valley companies - does not offer similar perks when compared to other silicon valley companies (shuttle buses, social gatherings, personal development opps, community) - human resources has no autonomy to operate making them insignificant - no room for professional growth and development (no upward mobility) - senior management is very slow to make project decisions + new CEO every few years makes it unrealistic to research, develop and bring a new products to market

Director, Workforce Communications & Engagement

Hello there. Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear about your experience at SRA. We wish you the best in your next chapter. Have a great day.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

best place to groth experience

May 9, 2022 - Data Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

1. learn and practice multiple advanced DE skill set from my current position 2. friendly working environment, and everyone tries to advance their career and build the next great thing

Cons

Salary not competitive compare to FANG, but with well WLB your output over time per unit seems well paid

Director, Workforce Communications & Engagement

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to write us a review. Have a great day.

6. 1.0
    Current Employee

Run away

Jun 1, 2022 - Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Nothing to say. location in Mountain View?

Cons

If you dream work in silicon valley tech company, you have to run away. This company is not a free culture like Apple, Google. Honestly it has a terrible culture and no process other than local small company. Dispatchers only care about the work which is useless but reveal their position to HQ. They make terrible place and also HQ does. They do not guarantee or make a environment for research at your will.

Director, Workforce Communications & Engagement

Hello there. We are sorry to hear you are not enjoying your time at SRA. We encourage you to use our internal feedback channels so that we can better assist you. Your feedback is very important to us and will be shared with the leadership team. Have a great day.

7. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Worst possible place to work

Jun 15, 2022 - Senior User Experience Designer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Really none. Easy starting point to IT industry because they're always hiring?

Cons

Poor salary, promotions based on politics, horrible work & life balance, incompetent upper management, more like a subcontractor design company for HQ, no room for creativity. Avoid if possible.

Director, Workforce Communications & Engagement

We are sorry to hear about your negative experience. We wish you the best in your next chapter.

8. 3.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Good and Bad

May 26, 2022 - Sales and Marketing Associate in Jersey City, NJ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good company, great people. Great place to work

Cons

Tough organization. Cheap salary. Input jobs

Director, Workforce Communications & Engagement

Thank you for your feedback. We wish you the best in your future endeavors.

9. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Workplace

Apr 21, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Aspiring team and collaborative culture

Cons

not on top of my head

Director, Workforce Communications & Engagement

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. Great to hear that you are enjoying your time at SRA.

10. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Positive reviews are misleading. Pay attention to the negative ones.

Mar 19, 2022 - Staff Engineer in Mountain View, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- lots of mistakes all around the company to learn from - great opportunity to collaborate with members from all around the globe - flexible work hours - decent benefits

Cons

- terrible management all around - favoritism all around - chaotic and below average processes - frustrating work culture - average salary - internal portals are a pain to use

1 person found this review helpful

Sr. manager HR Ops

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear about your experience at SRA. We wish you the best in your future endeavors. Have a great one.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 374 Reviews

Samsung Research America Reviews FAQs

Samsung Research America has an overall rating of 3.8 out of 5, based on over 511 reviews left anonymously by employees. 71% of employees would recommend working at Samsung Research America to a friend and 64% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -3% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Samsung Research America employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.9 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Samsung Research America. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.

71% of Samsung Research America employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Samsung Research America 4.0 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.6 for culture and values and 3.8 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Samsung Research America to be career development, benefits, coworkers and the cons to be senior leadership, culture, management.

Popular Careers with Samsung Research America Job Seekers