Samsung Research America Employee Reviews about "work life balance"
79% would recommend to a friend
(42 total reviews)
76% approve of CEO
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Management always hedging their bets." (in 34 reviews)
- "Hierarchical culture" (in 17 reviews)
- "Bad behavior is rarely punished as the bad manager shifts the blame to some other (probably bad) manager." (in 15 reviews)
- "No leadership and goals." (in 9 reviews)
- "Maybe communication with HQ can be improved" (in 8 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Samsung Research America and is not affected by filters.
Found 42 of over 582 reviews
Updated Nov 22, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Reviews about "work life balance"Return to all Reviews
- 5.0Jan 18, 2022Senior Hardware EngineerCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearPlano, TX
# Great leadership # Great work life balance # Excellent team environment # Training resources available
Office space crowded for some teams (For covid time, it is fine).Samsung Research America Response2y
Hello and thank you for your feedback! It's great to hear that you are enjoying your time at SRA. Have a great day!
- 3.0Jul 27, 2015Senior Staff Engineer IIFormer Employee, more than 5 yearsMountain View, CA
growing and strong work life balance growing startup mentality is catching but still needs work finally signs of breaking away from HQ threads as critical mass of local company is attained
1. very silo oriented thinking and lack of collaboration incentives means similar ideas get built in different ways in silos are shoe-horned into a narrow existing product focus. 2. need more employee empowerment 3. needs stronger executives with silicon valley mentality and courage2
- 4.0May 23, 2023Staff Software Engineer IICurrent Employee, more than 1 yearMountain View, CA
- Good Work/Life balance - Not many opportunities for promotions - Performance expectations are in line with the compensation - A lot of benefits, social events, perks
- A lot of bureaucracy - Security siloing slows down the work - Average compensation for the SV - Obsolete tech stack in a lot of teamsSamsung Research America Response6mo
Thank you for your feedback. We are glad to hear you are enjoying your time at SRA. Have a great day!
- 5.0Dec 9, 2021Staff Software EngineerCurrent EmployeeMountain View, CA
1. Nice working environment 2. Nice colleagues 3. Good work and life balance
1. Org and projects change quite often 2. Highly impacted by Samsung HeadQuarter's fundingSamsung Research America Response2y
Hello there! Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We appreciate your feedback and are glad to hear you are enjoying your time at SRA. Have a great day.
- 2.0Mar 6, 2019Staff Software EngineerCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsSan Jose, CA
Work life balance has been better 401k match + other benefits Innovative/smart people to work with
Employees and the management don't have clear vision in long term road map1Samsung Research America Response5y
Hello and thank you for your review. Our talented and innovative employees are what make SRA a great place to work. Please email us your feedback at email@example.com . Thank you!
- 5.0Mar 17, 2023Staff Software EngineerCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsMountain View, CA
good work life balance novel project
low salary compared with big techSamsung Research America Response8mo
Thank you for the feedback. Have a great day.
- 5.0Jul 5, 2018Directeur Post-production De FilmCurrent Intern, less than 1 yearMountain View, CA
TTT is awesome (interesting, flexible, diverse projects and teammates) Good work life balance (may vary with team) Good food Good bennefits
No employee discount (we get an intern gift though)
- 5.0Mar 17, 2021Senior Software EngineerCurrent Employee
- Lots of interesting project to work on and many opportunities to grow - Up-to-date tech stack - Good work life balance - Job stability -- especially important during the pandemic - Friendly environment and team. - Caring employer, there are a lot of employee support programs for both individuals and families. - In general it is a company willing to invest in long term for its employees and it's family friendly.
- Technical documentation is a bit lacking, - Cross region coordination with other Samsung department could be a little challenging. - Some Samsung internal systems seem to be old and need updates. - No stocks. (Whether if it's a pro or con is debatable)1Samsung Research America Response3y
Thank you for your feedback! It's great to hear that your time at SRA has been a positive experience. Have a great day!