The latest conversations about Tech
Technical Account Manager
Being a woman in tech, I only recently started advocating for myself at work about advancement opportunities. Because of this I wanted to ask this question to my male counterparts. When you have 1:1's with your direct reports and talk about career growth / aspirations what is your managers’ response typically? I’d like to gauge how my experience (negative) differs from others. For instance are you met with blockades, enthusiasm, dread, etc?
Got a burning question about Samsung Semiconductor Inc (US)? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Samsung Semiconductor Inc (US) employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Good Benefit especially for medical insurance" (in 64 reviews)
- "But the people I met here and the support I receive from my team are great." (in 31 reviews)
- "Pay is good for the job" (in 18 reviews)
- "Good working environment and delicious food" (in 16 reviews)
- "Colleagues are great and supportive" (in 16 reviews)
- "cycles are extremely short, driving management drving staff to meet their goals even faster." (in 27 reviews)
- "Too much emphasis on understanding and adapting to the Korean culture but Samsung wants to be a key player in the Valley." (in 26 reviews)
- "No work life balance you are expected to leave work at 10pm because other employees stay till late." (in 24 reviews)
- "Poor work and life balance, Managers always try to focus on a revenue based on the mass production." (in 9 reviews)
- "Company and upper management doesn't care about the employees." (in 7 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Samsung Semiconductor Inc (US) and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
Found 465 of over 571 reviews
Updated Sep 25, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 5.0Aug 30, 2023Principal EngineerCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearSan Diego, CA
Very diverse and managers are very technical and involved in the engineering.
No stock options of the type granted by other companies in the industry.
- 1.0Sep 25, 2023DirectorCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsSan Jose, CA
Good employee benefits & cafeteria. That's about it.
- There is no work-life balance. - SSI is far from global company standards regarding process, system, and innovation, even though it claims to be a global tech company. - They have a very weak HR head who has white supremacy, a lack of competence, and judgment of people. She tends to gossip and spread a rumor around people.
Samsung Semiconductor Inc (US) Reviews FAQs
Samsung Semiconductor Inc (US) has an overall rating of 4.0 out of 5, based on over 571 reviews left anonymously by employees. 73% of employees would recommend working at Samsung Semiconductor Inc (US) to a friend and 65% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.
73% of Samsung Semiconductor Inc (US) employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Samsung Semiconductor Inc (US) 3.8 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.6 for culture and values and 3.7 for career opportunities.