San Bernardino County Social Worker II Reviews | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Social Worker II

San Bernardino County Social Worker II Reviews

Updated Aug 14, 2019

San Bernardino County CEO Gary McBride (no image)
Gary McBride
0 Rating
  1. "Great Coworkers, Management tries"

Current Employee - Social Worker II in San Bernardino, CA

I have been working at San Bernardino County full-time for more than a year

Pros

Awesome coworkers who will become like family.

Cons

No incentives to do good work. Because it's county, they can't give you raises because you're a great worker. There's no recognition for doing good work whether it's monetary or personally. County Healthcare; for basic Blue Cross coverage its $400 a month for my husband and I. It's become rather suspicious, like who is pocketing that money or why doesn't the county hire a better contract negotiator? The union has looked into it, and something is fishy with the healthcare.

Advice to Management

Reward or recognize good employees.

San Bernardino County2019-08-15

"Terrible work environment"

Social Worker II

I worked at San Bernardino County

Pros

Gained good case management experience. Good for social workers needing experience.

Cons

The working environment was terrible - the type where I was completely new and could already feel the tension in every conversation I was in. There were clear "cliques" and constant gossip. No one seemed to trust each other or the management team. The building was also in poor repair - with a constant infestation of cockroaches.

Advice to Management

Take your employee's seriously when they complain about the roach infestation. Make a concerted effort to build morale - be honest and transparent.

San Bernardino County2014-08-23