1. So many amazingly talented people
2. 9/80 schedule allows for every other Friday off
3. Very caring & very understanding of issues that arise in personal life. You are never guilt tripped for taking time off or missing a day of work.
4. Dozens and dozens of employee benefits besides the standard benefits package.
1. While a majority of the employees are incredibly friendly, at times you feel like a ghost when walking outside of your department. Even if I don't know someones name or title, I still smile/say hello and try to make small talk. Some employee's can't be bothered.
2. While working a 9/80 schedule has it's benefits, having to be at work by 7:30am is difficult when you consider having to take children to daycare/school and traffic. There is zero flexibility or leniency in hours.
3. Changes are made to departments/work flow process' by employees who have zero experience doing the jobs of those they are making changes too.
This is an independent government agency, so they don't have as much bureaucracy as you would expect from a government agency. Everyone is very friendly and helpful and willing to go out of the way to share information. Very professional atmosphere, many of the employees feel proud of the duty of the agency - "delivering a safe and consistent water supply". Overall great atmosphere with great work/life balance. Also pays fairly well for the full time positions.
Since it is a government agency with a limited budget, there is not so much movement as far as positions opening up. Advancement may be slower than private companies.
Advice to Management
Great job, but make sure to keep political maneuvers far away from the agency.
This will replace the current featured review for targeted profile. Are you sure you want to replace it?
Are you sure you want to remove this review from being featured for targeted profile?