San Francisco 49ers Reviews | Glassdoor

Denise DeBartolo York

1. "STEAM Education"

Current Employee - STEAM Education in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - STEAM Education in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at San Francisco 49ers part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone here is very friendly and professional. The stadium is amazing and everyday something new is happening so the atmosphere keeps you on your toes. The education program works as field trips for schools K-8, and we educate youth on STEAM (science, technology, engineering, art and mathematics). My team is very close knit and welcoming and extremely supportive.

Cons

The pay is low and my commute is long. Also there is no food to eat so I have to bring my lunch everyday.

2. "Marketing Intern"

Current Employee - Marketing Intern in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing Intern in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at San Francisco 49ers (Less than a year)

Pros

Great work environment, close knit staff, good hours, fun events

Cons

No cons come to mind

3. "AV Lead Tech"

Former Employee - Audio Visual Technician in Santa Clara, CA
    Former Employee - Audio Visual Technician in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at San Francisco 49ers full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Work Environment, especially if you love sports. Amazing People plus performers & athletes. Would highly recommend anybody who loves football

Cons

If your a 49er fan as I am , I spent a lot of money at the team store

Advice to Management

Work Hard & provide a positive attitude. Amazing Experience

5. "Fun people, horrible compensation"

Current Employee - Coordinator in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Coordinator in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at San Francisco 49ers full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Relatively young staff, which is fun for starting out in your career. A lot of fun events happen at the stadium and employees often get to attend these events.

Cons

The compensation is horrible, management does not have a handle on the lower levels sentiments. Lack of care of employee happiness because they know someone else will want to work at the 49ers because of the brand.

Advice to Management

Pay your employees more, understand when a majority of the employees are unhappy

6. "Great Learning Experience"

Current Employee - Manager in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at San Francisco 49ers full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The management is transparent about their goals and are easily reachable if needed. They are huge promoters of collaboration and like to see internal growth, but if you want growth you need to work for it.

Cons

You have to be able to handle being in the eye/seeing socia media comments from very loyal fans who can sometimes get upset, and controlling your own emotions when seeing them. If you're thinking of pursuing an advanced degree, just know as of now they don't have a tuition reimbursement program.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing; love seeing the teamwork and progress being made everyday. Happy to be a part of it.

7. "Ticket Operations Representative"

Former Employee - Ticket Operations Representative in Burlingame, CA
    Former Employee - Ticket Operations Representative in Burlingame, CA

I worked at San Francisco 49ers (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people and work atmosphere

Cons

Have to work every Levi's event, not just 49ers events.Hard when you have a full-time job

"Event Day Staff Member"

Current Employee - NiNerd in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - NiNerd in San Jose, CA

I have been working at San Francisco 49ers (More than a year)

Pros

You get to be a part of many cool events. Having the extra cash from a part time job is nice too. Playmakers do get cool gifts sometimes in relation to the event your working. There also are several part time events going on that you are allowed to work on a first come first serve basis. Great for some extra cash whenever you feel the need, and the jobs are very easy. Your direct supervisors are usually good people, and the people you work with are very pleasant and happy. We have a very nice locker and break room to use during events as well. Full time 49ers employees in general do treat you well personally face to face. It's not uncommon to see Jed and Prague who in general are nice to us.

Cons

Zero flexibility in scheduling with very strict policies that are elementary in the way they are delivered. This especially goes for uniform standards. Some jobs are way harder than others and all pay is the same. In some cases it makes part timers feel like 2nd class citizens. Security also seems to think we're a threat to the safety of the performers when in the back during certain shows. Another example of this is the petty playmaker food service that they charge us for (seriously?). I mean, we have 13 million of cap room we're not spending this year. Can we get some love? Everything at Levi's also costs and arm and a leg. This means our guests have very high expectations of the service we provide. Also, Security lines with the strict NFL bag policy (no control over this) have many fans in a sour mood when they first approach you. Let's not get into how they often run out as well. Guests also will take our their frustrations on you directly about any issue with the event or stadium. Since the stadium is still brand new, many policies are shots in the dark and change from event to event. Eventually we will figure it out like a well oiled machine, but often timed we find our the hard way if things work or do not. Stadium well doccumented, is very warm for most day events. You'll find yourself in the sun a lot, with uniforms that clearly we're not designed for this climate. Also being part time you'll be asked questions by guests you don't know the answers to ( sorry i dont know the menu of every concession stand here)

Advice to Management

Make the 49ers feel like a family again. I hear from so many fellow playmakers who long for the days at Candlestick. Not surprising our fans often say the same things! Stop talking down to us in regards to strict "no fun zone" policies. If we are having fun. and in a good mood, our guests will no matter if we win or lose! Go to the SAP center for Giants game and notice how their ushers act and behave. They're is a noticeable balance between being professional and adding to the fun, friendly atmosphere.

9. "App Experience Specialist"

Current Employee - App Experience Specialist in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - App Experience Specialist in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at San Francisco 49ers part-time

Pros

Great team and great camaraderie between the Ninerds' team. For a part-time position, it really isn't that bad for the opportunity to network and find a find time position.

Cons

A little dysfunctional with the constant turnover of staff members quitting.

Advice to Management

Keep up the positive energy with supervisors like John Ngo.

10. "Stop gap for full time job"

Current Employee - Safety and Security Team in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Safety and Security Team in Santa Clara, CA

Pros

Catered meals, great environment, friendly staff, good experience for law enforcement, choice of shift schedule for the most part, and flexible on time off

Cons

Little compensation, no real room for advancement, no real communication with top level management, level of tasks aren't distributed equally or even compensated to the degree of difficulty

Advice to Management

Treat the subordinates better, fight for their compensation, make it a more attractive place to be other than just the allure of a professional football team

11. "Great experience /learned so much"

Current Employee - College and Pro Scout in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - College and Pro Scout in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at San Francisco 49ers full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Love what I do, and people I meet- never boring , learn something new all the time !

Cons

Hours and time away from family to do my job correctly