San Francisco International Airport Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 16 reviews

3.9
San Francisco International Airport CEO Ivar C Satero
Ivar C Satero
  1. "Nice environment and people, diverse work"

Former Employee - Traffic Engineer Intern in San Francisco, CA

I worked at San Francisco International Airport full-time for less than a year

Pros

1. Great place to learn new and fresh things 2. Gain responsibility on big project even as a intern 3. Very good culture and working environment

Cons

1. Exciting project got pushed back frequently by Higher Authorities. 2. No more.

San Francisco International Airport2019-03-12

"If your going to ITT, dont."

I worked at San Francisco International Airport full-time

Pros

Lots of untapped potential in terms of interesting projects Location Retirement benefits Easy, so easy most staff watch videos all day or nap.

Cons

Senior ITT leadership demonstrates significant competancy issues. If your coming here to learn, you wont, you may actually unlearn. Pay and vacation entitlements are significantly behind anywhere else in the area. No bonuses or any performance incentives at all. Employees are not cared for or grown. There is no career here, just desk filling until you retire. Projects start but never finish and this... manifests itself as constant frustration for other people in the airport.

Advice to Management

Turn over the entire ITT senior leadership (Rene may be the possible exception). Adjust your comp scales so you can hire and retain good people. Empower the people you hire, especially when you have no idea what your talking about. Take projects from start to finish.

San Francisco International Airport2018-10-25
  3. "Project Manager"

Current Employee - Project Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at San Francisco International Airport full-time

Pros

Fair and true work/life balance, work is on forward-thinking projects.

Cons

As with most positions in government, there is a bit more red tape, which can slow down momentum. Must have a bit of patience as well as persistence to push through.

Advice to Management

Great job so far! Qualify future employees that will continue to add to the changing culture!

San Francisco International Airport2018-02-14
  4. "Guest Services"

Internship

I worked at San Francisco International Airport

Pros

Awesome Environment to work for.

Cons

Some passengers were a bit rude.

Advice to Management

NA

San Francisco International Airport2017-11-21
  5. "Slow and steady but many growth opportunities"

I worked at San Francisco International Airport part-time

Pros

little overtime, good benefits, can do what you are interested in

Cons

work is slow and often changes priority, leaving projects unfinished

San Francisco International Airport2017-11-18

"Great place for aspiring airport professionals"

I have been working at San Francisco International Airport

Pros

Lots of interesting projects happening in the near future. Great time to be a part of a dynamic organization that has a bright outlook.

Cons

It is a large organization. Even with strong leadership and lots going on, it is possible to fall by the wayside. Each department has its own culture, which could be a good or bad thing.

Advice to Management

Keep setting a high bar, striving for excellence, and recognizing your workers. Open up new ways for departments to cross-pollinate and nurture well-rounded airport professionals.

San Francisco International Airport2016-07-11

"Analyst"

I have been working at San Francisco International Airport full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

It really is a great place to work with a cohesive supportive culture of excellence. Very nimble for a government entity. Great wellness programs and free gym on site. Highest paying for any County government in the Bay Area. Great medical and retirement plan. Hugh growth in the travel/airline industry keeps us every moving and 20 years set in the master plan for capitol projects.

Cons

No major cons. It is still a government entity so pay scale is set and there are no bonuses. Only 8-5 schedules for most staff unless it is shift work job.

Advice to Management

Bring back programs for work/life balance like alternate schedules like 9/80 or 4/10's.

San Francisco International Airport2016-06-09
  8. "Summer Intern Experience"

I worked at San Francisco International Airport

Pros

They care a lot about interns and want them to have a good learning experience.

Cons

Can get boring at times

San Francisco International Airport2015-11-11
  9. "my review wouldn't be justified if I spoke my true feelings."

I have been working at San Francisco International Airport for more than 10 years

Pros

I am getting a check and that's what keeps me motivated to keep it moving and smiling. My faith allows me to see past what some people can't. I believe prayer and my work ethics will surpass what I believe to be an uphill battle.

Cons

It's not what you know it's who you know. I have seen people get moved in and moved up without having any type of education. If you know someone you will be able to be placed right in front of someone who worked the job for years without having any experience. Ask any employee who worked here over 10 years they will tell you this is true.

Advice to Management

Start hiring within. This helps with morale issues and will prevent stressed out employees.

San Francisco International Airport2015-10-13
  10. "student design trainee"

Current Employee - Student Design Trainee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at San Francisco International Airport full-time for less than a year

Pros

relaxed environment, low stress, slow paced, low-key upper management, friendly ambiance, nurturing for a an entry level position, good learning enviroment

Cons

traditional practices, blurred structure, very very limited upward mobility, conservative and older staff, everyone seems like they lack senses of urgency and relax past deadlines

Advice to Management

Keep things fresher

San Francisco International Airport2015-02-18