San Juan Regional Medical Center Reviews in Farmington, NM | Glassdoor

Farmington, NM

2.9
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Rick Wallace

1. "A wonderful hospital to work for!"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Farmington, NM

I have been working at San Juan Regional Medical Center full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I can speak for the childbirth center only. Night shift is very team oriented. They make you feel welcome. The differentials are very good 3p-11p 15% and 11p-7a 25%. They offer 3% yearly raise and 3% if you meet criteria to ReiN. The health insurance is amazing! 49.50 bi weekly for a single employee and 119.50 bi-weekly for a family. And co pays are cheap at 10.00 if you use in network!

Cons

Low pay rates! New grad pay was 22.75 just last year. Not sure if it's the same since they finally gave a cost of living raise of 2.50. 2009 was their last cost of living raise and now it's 2016. Hopefully they will continue to have a cost of living raise every year now.

Advice to Management

None that I can think of. Maybe at a later time.

2. "lousy job"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Farmington, NM
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Farmington, NM

I worked at San Juan Regional Medical Center full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good insurance and benefits. Lots of days off.

Cons

Out of touch administrators who are seldom present. If you are not an RN you dont matter.

3. "Production Control Coordinator"

Former Employee - Production Control Coordinator in Farmington, NM
    Former Employee - Production Control Coordinator in Farmington, NM

I worked at San Juan Regional Medical Center (More than a year)

Pros

There was enough work to keep you busy daily.

Cons

Micro management is very unprofessional.

Advice to Management

Need management skills.

5. "great employer"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Farmington, NM

I have been working at San Juan Regional Medical Center full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

great benefits and beautiful facility

Cons

lot of job loss in community

6. "RN ER Nurse"

Current Employee - ER Nurse in Farmington, NM
    Current Employee - ER Nurse in Farmington, NM

Pros

A really good hospital. It's well ranked.

Cons

Not enough Staffing, A lot of patients for the amount of Nurses.

7. "Has the potential to be better"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Farmington, NM
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Farmington, NM

Pros

Great Insurance plan, low deductibles.

Cons

No communication among departments or faculty
    Many long term employees who hold on to knowledge for dear life, won't share

Advice to Management

Show employees they matter, encourage communication among peers, discourage the clicks

8. "licensed mechanic"

Former Employee - Electrician/Maintenance in Farmington, NM
    Former Employee - Electrician/Maintenance in Farmington, NM

I worked at San Juan Regional Medical Center full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Clean, comfortable physical work environment with many educational opportunities. Benefits offered and wages are among the best in the industry,

Cons

Employee confidence and trust in management is lacking, Different expectations exist and vary between departments and one employee to another, For example: written attendance policy is often changed to suit some employees and overtime and holiday schedules are unfairly distributed. I worked in the same department foe over eleven years and saw six different managers,

Advice to Management

Pay more attention to employee "surveys" and boost confidence and teamwork.

9. "Good place to work, politics terrible"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Farmington, NM

I have been working at San Juan Regional Medical Center full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefits, free parking, decent cafeteria, many opportunities to transfer interdepartmentally, free gym, multi cultural environment

Cons

nurse bullying by other nurses, management weak and does not address the problems such as low morale that this creates. Employees encouraged to "snitch" on each other and then rewarded for such behavior, favoritism , and management turns a blind eye to legitimate issues. Bottom line is all that matters. Non union.

Advice to Management

Pay attention to what is going on on your units and stop with the favoritism.

10. "NOT RECOMMENDED TO WORK IN! RUN!! Or you'll turn PSYCHoo and be admitted."

Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Farmington, NM

I worked at San Juan Regional Medical Center full-time (More than a year)

Pros

PROs: Camaradere and team work among staff, okay benefits, there are ALWAYS job openings due to fast turnovers, experience so you can move on to a real job, a pretty hospital, decent cafeteria food

Cons

For the few years I worked here, there were a lot of staff turnovers. The common knowledge was that, they were let loose. I ran as fast as I could as I felt like I was next on the chopping block. I felt like I was targeted, like my ex-colleagues. And I just got out right in time. Another one was fired, months after I left.

At staff meetings, suggestions by staff are rudely denied by manager. Meetings often focused on staff who made mistake, embarrassing them and when someone dares to defend the person being bullied, he himself is also criticized.

When an issue is brought to the attention of the manager or even up to the higher ups, employee will be seen as trouble-maker and the administration will be watching your every move waiting for you to make a mistake, then threaten to or "hint on" firing you.

Even after a year of leaving, my colleagues, who are still working there are asking me to write a letter telling how I was harassed, to support them on their rally against the manager and are AGAIN filing a complaint to the higher ups.

Lots of Nepotism too, especially in the administration (bestfriends slash neighbors, cousins, daughter-in-laws to father-in-laws, mother-daughter), thus workplace unfair politics and favoritism.

You have been warned.

CONs: Non-union workplace, Politics, PASSIVE-AGGRESSIVE UNIT MANAGER, NEPOTISM thus favoritism, the upper administration protecting their own, disgruntled coworkers, ridiculous salary ($20/hr newgrad RN), no job securilty

Advice to Management

You are losing good employees who could be loyal and dedicated by your poor management! Read review above!

11. "SJRMC has been a good place to work over the past 20 years."

Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Farmington, NM

I worked at San Juan Regional Medical Center full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Compensation and benefits are very good. Moderately sized hospital allows for transfer within departments and many career choices for all health care personnel.

Cons

Too many layers of management doesn't allow for transparency of troubled departments. Lots of politics within this hospital are ignored.