San Juan Regional Medical Center Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.2
Rick Wallace

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "NOT RECOMMENDED TO WORK IN! RUN!! Or you'll turn PSYCHoo and be admitted."

I worked at San Juan Regional Medical Center full-time (More than a year)

Pros

PROs: Camaradere and team work among staff, okay benefits, there are ALWAYS job openings due to fast turnovers, experience so you can move on to a real job, a pretty hospital, decent cafeteria food

Cons

For the few years I worked here, there were a lot of staff turnovers. The common knowledge was that, they were let loose. I ran as fast as I could as I felt like I was next on the chopping block. I felt like I was targeted, like my ex-colleagues. And I just got out right in time. Another one was fired, months after I left.

At staff meetings, suggestions by staff are rudely denied by manager. Meetings often focused on staff who made mistake, embarrassing them and when someone dares to defend the person being bullied, he himself is also criticized.

When an issue is brought to the attention of the manager or even up to the higher ups, employee will be seen as trouble-maker and the administration will be watching your every move waiting for you to make a mistake, then threaten to or "hint on" firing you.

Even after a year of leaving, my colleagues, who are still working there are asking me to write a letter telling how I was harassed, to support them on their rally against the manager and are AGAIN filing a complaint to the higher ups.

Lots of Nepotism too, especially in the administration (bestfriends slash neighbors, cousins, daughter-in-laws to father-in-laws, mother-daughter), thus workplace unfair politics and favoritism.

You have been warned.

CONs: Non-union workplace, Politics, PASSIVE-AGGRESSIVE UNIT MANAGER, NEPOTISM thus favoritism, the upper administration protecting their own, disgruntled coworkers, ridiculous salary ($20/hr newgrad RN), no job securilty

Advice to Management

You are losing good employees who could be loyal and dedicated by your poor management! Read review above!

2. "employee"

Former Employee - Valet in Timbuctoo, CA
    Former Employee - Valet in Timbuctoo, CA

I worked at San Juan Regional Medical Center full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great middle management team (supervisors, managers and some directors).

Cons

Very poor senior management team. Board of Directors is pathetic.

Advice to Management

Sell the hospital when you can, i.e. before it is not worth selling.

3. "lousy job"

I worked at San Juan Regional Medical Center full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good insurance and benefits. Lots of days off.

Cons

Out of touch administrators who are seldom present. If you are not an RN you dont matter.

"It's all about who you know - lack of leadership"

I worked at San Juan Regional Medical Center full-time (More than a year)

Pros

On sight cafe and good benefits

Cons

Being assessed "occurences" when family emergencies or sickness keeps you from going to work. Reaching 8 occurrences with the threat of being fired at the 8th is ridiculous! Supervisors pick and choose who to give the occurences to - all depends on who you know and a lot of butt kissing.

Advice to Management

Frequent assessment of department employee's satisfaction of their supervisor should be done. Too many department employees complained of the same treatment from their supervisors as well as in my area.

5. "RN"

Pros

Good staff members. Good hours

Cons

No yearly review or cost of living raise for the 2 years I was there

"OK place to work if you do not have other opportunities."

Former Employee - RN, Bsn in Farmington, NM
    Former Employee - RN, Bsn in Farmington, NM

I worked at San Juan Regional Medical Center full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good workplace for new grad nurses, to begin their career training.

Cons

The only hospital in town, management is encouraging, and promote mostly their friends, or people they like. Not much opportunity to grow if you have opinion, or want to change things.

Advice to Management

To provide opportunities to ambitious people, who want to make a difference, not only to people who will blindly follow manager's ideas, regardless of the outcome.

7. "the only place to go in the four corners area san juan or nothing"

I worked at San Juan Regional Medical Center full-time

Pros

ok fun good location, nice city, near ski resorts, nature tripping, navajo, grand canyon, telluride 420, urango, moab, arches, apache, ute, hopi zuni,

Cons

small, inefficient, expensive, too many transfers to albuquerque, doctors not too good,small parking, food not good,

8. "SJRMC has been a good place to work over the past 20 years."

I worked at San Juan Regional Medical Center full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Compensation and benefits are very good. Moderately sized hospital allows for transfer within departments and many career choices for all health care personnel.

Cons

Too many layers of management doesn't allow for transparency of troubled departments. Lots of politics within this hospital are ignored.

9. "Good place to work, politics terrible"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Farmington, NM
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Farmington, NM

I have been working at San Juan Regional Medical Center full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefits, free parking, decent cafeteria, many opportunities to transfer interdepartmentally, free gym, multi cultural environment

Cons

nurse bullying by other nurses, management weak and does not address the problems such as low morale that this creates. Employees encouraged to "snitch" on each other and then rewarded for such behavior, favoritism , and management turns a blind eye to legitimate issues. Bottom line is all that matters. Non union.

Advice to Management

Pay attention to what is going on on your units and stop with the favoritism.

10. "licensed mechanic"

Former Employee - Electrician/Maintenance in Farmington, NM
    Former Employee - Electrician/Maintenance in Farmington, NM

I worked at San Juan Regional Medical Center full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Clean, comfortable physical work environment with many educational opportunities. Benefits offered and wages are among the best in the industry,

Cons

Employee confidence and trust in management is lacking, Different expectations exist and vary between departments and one employee to another, For example: written attendance policy is often changed to suit some employees and overtime and holiday schedules are unfairly distributed. I worked in the same department foe over eleven years and saw six different managers,

Advice to Management

Pay more attention to employee "surveys" and boost confidence and teamwork.