San Juan USD - Sacramento County Reviews | Glassdoor

3.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
CEO

1. "Great Benefits"

Pros

Union, dependable, workplace culture and friendships are strong.

Cons

School year calendar, large human resources office.

Advice to Management

Keep it up

2. "Food service"

I worked at San Juan USD - Sacramento County part-time

Pros

Great team of people to work with. Had a great supervisor and made amazing friends

Cons

I wish they'd update the equipment and install better ac in the kitchen.

3. "Teacher's Aide"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fair Oaks, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fair Oaks, CA

Pros

Good health and dental benefits. Supportive teachers and administration. Enjoyable work.

Cons

Minimal hours for the job...tend to regularly work beyond paid hours to do the job well. It is also difficult to find work during summer months, so although hourly wage is greater than minimum wage, the annual pay is pitiful. Most of us have degrees, so this is a labor of love, NOT a money making venture.

Advice to Management

Give the aides additional hours to enable them to do all that is required for their jobs without working extra unpaid time each day.

5. "Good company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Citrus Heights, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Citrus Heights, CA

I have been working at San Juan USD - Sacramento County part-time (More than a year)

Pros

This job is fun and you get to build strong relationships with kids and staff. Laid back job not too much to complain about.

Cons

Would be a better job if they paid more and had more hours. Not a bad job if you like working worh children. K-8. Some of the kids can be a handful but it isnt too bad.

6. "Great district"

Current Employee - Substitute Teacher in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Substitute Teacher in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at San Juan USD - Sacramento County full-time

Pros

Good people, opportunity to succeed.

Cons

Can't think of any. Can't think of any. Its a great district. Many schools to pick from all over Sacramento.

Advice to Management

Great people at the schools offices.

7. "Food Service Worker"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carmichael, CA

I worked at San Juan USD - Sacramento County full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Excellent benefits ONLY if you are a permanent employee working at least 20 hours a week. They pay 100% of monthly medical premium for the employee, employee pays the co-payment (my Dr. co-pay is $20 per visit & RX is not more than $20. Dental starts at, I believe, 70/30 (they pay 70%, you 20%), then 80/20, then 90/20/, and then after 4 yrs they pay 100% of your dental expenses up to $1500 per year. The employee also gets vision benefits which are about $100 a year

Cons

Hard to land a Full-time 40 hour / 12 month position. Seems like you have to have an inside connection to move up the ladder or even when you want to switch from one position to a completely different one. Kitchen worker to Office worker? Nope! Don't see that happening unless you are very lucky. Keep your month shut. Don't complain or you'll be labeled a problem. Lots of back stabbing occurs. Very cliquish.

Advice to Management

Listen to the individual employees who do have problems WHATEVER the STATUS they hold in the District. Example: don't disbelieve a custodian over someone who works in the office if there is disagreement between the two or even a food service worker who has a disagreement with a teacher. Don't assume those people who don't hold a teaching credential or who don't hold an office position don't have a degree from college. People do the jobs they do for their own reasons.

8. "Worth looking in to"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Pros

There are a lot of really good people who are trying to make a positive difference.

Cons

The HR department is not the most helpful, but if you are a proactive person it is fine.

9. "Special Events Coordinator"

Current Employee - Special Event Coordinator in Carmichael, CA
    Current Employee - Special Event Coordinator in Carmichael, CA

I have been working at San Juan USD - Sacramento County (More than a year)

Pros

Great people to work with.

Cons

No summer work, not enough support for the Arts in every school.

10. "Prevention Program Intern"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carmichael, CA

Pros

Supervisors are easy to reach which is great since they will not be at your assigned site often.

Cons

none so far that I can think of

"Bond money give away"

Pros

There are no pros when the board lets consultants give away bond money, KMM services is a contractor who for some reason can get away with giving away bond money and still work for San Juan School District, call your Board of Ed and ask for your free money apparently they think it's ok to give it away. KMM still works their, WHY?

Cons

If you tell the board someone like KMM services is giving away money they will send you to someone who will then have KMM call you, change specifications to exclude you from bidding work and get rid of you so KMM can keep giving away our bond money, they did it to me. Don't ever tell them something is wrong, they will brush the truth under the rug and get rid of you. They don't want to hear the bad stuff they only want to hear good things. STOP GIVING THESE PEOPLE MONEY..

Advice to Management

Get rid of KMM Services, I showed you they can't be trusted and you get rid of me and keep them, this is wrong and I will not stop until we rid ourselves of unethical people.spending our hard earned tax dollars.