Sancoa Reviews | Glassdoor

2.8
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Joseph Sanski
1 Rating

1. "You could see it coming"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lumberton, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lumberton, NJ

I worked at Sancoa full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Used to be a family focused, yet efficiently run business with a quality product.

Cons

Decided to gut quality control and product quality suffered as a result.

Advice to Management

You lose money when you decide product quality is less important than saving money.

2. "Quick down hil slide"

Current Employee - Print Manager in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Print Manager in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Sancoa full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good workers at the lower levels. Used to be an industry leader but falling behind with technology.

Cons

New president is the worst person I have ever worked for. He has left a trail of ruined companies over past 10 years. 4 different companies in 10 years is a horrible track record. Owner has turned the business over to Satan and company and business is suffering. Good people are all leaving and overall climate is akin to life in hell.

Advice to Management

Get rid of new president and find someone who understands people or at least understands this business. FInd someone with a winning track record instead of a string of failures.

3. "average, below infact"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lumberton Township, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lumberton Township, NJ

Pros

experience , industry leader in what they do, good technology, good people, good co-workers, proximity to big city, good learning curve

Cons

poor management, no employee involvement, no reward, long hours, no system, no communication from and to management. NO Quality system in place. Too many management people, not enough workers. Owner is not involved in day to day activity

4. "Miss the old SANCOA"

I worked at Sancoa full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Climate controlled environment,neat,clean,safe. The ever changing productivity flow was by far and bar none the best in the industry. From the in house graphics artists to the plate makers, ink dept. it just goes on and on. Only once before when working for McCormick Spices in Freehold NJ did I have that I'm at home feeling while being at work. At one point in 2003 I worked 7 days a week for 3 weeks straight. 5- 12s, 1- 8on Sat and 6 on Sunday.....if you did that the owner would give us $250 in an extra check just to help out with the taxes. The guy was making big money and was not afraid to share it with anyone who helped him to achieve his goals.

Cons

Times changed in 2010 with the economy failing, what a perfect excuse to let go of all the people who made that company a power house. Force those left behind to pick up the slack and then sell it before all the customers leave. So sad...............

5. "Turnaround complete....."

I worked at Sancoa full-time

Pros

Satan managed to turn the business around!

Cons

Now a performance based company