SandRidge Energy "oil and gas" Reviews | Glassdoor

SandRidge Energy Employee Reviews about "oil and gas"

Updated Jul 23, 2017

3.8
SandRidge Energy President and Chief Executive Officer 	James D. Bennett (no image)
James D. Bennett
Pros
  • "SandRidge cares about their employees and has very good benefits(in 9 reviews)

• "Great co-works, good pay lots of hours(in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • "Young engineers that are on power trips get pushed into upper management because of their cheap salary compared to the veterans pushed out(in 6 reviews)

• "Opportunities in Oil and Gas are really high right now with the two newly formed companies in OKC(in 3 reviews)

Reviews about "oil and gas"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "External Oil & Gas Title Attorney"

Former Freelancer - Oil & Gas Attorney in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at SandRidge Energy

Pros

I worked with/for a wonderful, dedicated group of young oil and gas professionals that made me want to work on SandRidge projects to develop our Oklahoma natural resources.

Cons

As an outside attorney, management does not know who I am, and cuts in the 2015 budget effectively eliminated my position. I never had an opportunity to present an argument to retain my services. I miss working with the six LandMen and women on our Western Oklahoma prospects.

SandRidge Energy2015-05-12
  2. "Great"

Former Employee - Mechanical Journeyman/Maintenance Tech2 in Enid, OK

I worked at SandRidge Energy full-time for more than a year

Pros

Independence of daily jobs. Technical experience, training, fellow employers, oil and gas industry. Latest tools and test equipment. Drinking on back roads

Cons

Young engineers that are on power trips get pushed into upper management because of their cheap salary compared to the veterans pushed out. Other than that it was a dream job

SandRidge Energy2017-07-24
  3. "Great Company"

I worked at SandRidge Energy full-time

Pros

Leadership, Culture, People, Benefits, Work Environment

Cons

The oil and gas industry is unstable

SandRidge Energy2017-02-17
  4. "Energy Industry has Ups and Downs"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at SandRidge Energy full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Sandridge went through some difficult times, but the new management seems to be turning the corner. Some of the more political people have left the company. Overall its a great working environment. New executives seem to be doing a great job. Good benefits. New Investor EVP was a great choice both for internally charging up the team and externally for talking to wall street.

Cons

Hard to hold onto good people. Opportunities in Oil and Gas are really high right now with the two newly formed companies in OKC. Re-organization decisions need to be communicated better.

SandRidge Energy2014-04-02

"CEO can't be trusted, is greedy, and doesn't see anything wrong with making $25MM/year"

I worked at SandRidge Energy full-time for less than a year

Pros

Nice fringe benefits: Thunder tickets, gym on-site, discounts at local restaurants

Cons

Completely unpredictable management decisions. Zero structure in certain departments, resulting in no accountability for any level of employee. Most policies literally seem to be made up as they go along. HR is full of 20-something girls who don't have the slightest clue about either the oil and gas business or how to run an HR department.

SandRidge Energy2013-03-02

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 5 reviews