SandRidge Energy Employee Reviews about "sandridge"

Updated Aug 15, 2019

Found 16 of over 107 reviews

4.0
SandRidge Energy President and Chief Executive Officer 	James D. Bennett (no image)
James D. Bennett

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "sandridge"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0

Assistant superintendent work over

Nov 30, 2016 - Work Over Superintendent in San Angelo, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great place to work, great people, inclusive culture

Cons

No cons that I have within SandRidge Energy.

2. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Good job for a long time

Aug 15, 2019 - Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Best part about Sandridge is the people

Cons

Job security over the last few years

3. 4.0

Geologist I

Aug 15, 2018 -  in Oklahoma City, OK
    Business Outlook

Pros

SandRidge cares about their employees and has very good benefits.

Cons

Company has gone through several restructurings.

4. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Sad To Leave

Dec 16, 2016 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great community, awesome benefits, lots of community outreach. SandRidge cares about their employees.

Cons

The downturn of the industry has lead to many cutbacks and hundreds of layoffs.

5. 4.0

Good Company, Bad Economy

Nov 14, 2016 - Senior Systems Engineer in Oklahoma City, OK
    Business Outlook

Pros

SandRidge takes care of their employees. The work environment is great and the salaries are above the industry average.

Cons

The oil industry is really bad right now so they have been laying off people.

6. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Accountant I

Aug 4, 2016 - Accountant I in Oklahoma City, OK
    Business Outlook

Pros

I really liked working for SandRidge in the accounting department. Like at any company there are personalities that are easy to get along with and then therefore those that are challenging. Luckily for me my immediate coworkers and supervisors were the former. I would have continued to work at SandRidge, but I had to move cities for personal reasons. When I left in 2015 my salary was a little below the market rate, but the benefits made up for the difference. However that was before price of oil tanked.

Cons

Former management made some interesting choices on the company's acquisitions and divestitures during my tenure. They probably should have held on to the offshore business and diversified out of the MidCon region.

7. 5.0
    Former Employee

Oil & Gas

Mar 15, 2016 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

SandRidge was an excellent company to work for. Everyone was pleasant to work alongside and they strove to make their employees happy with a variety of benefits.

Cons

I can't think of any cons, except that maybe there were some bad managers on various floors so each floor had a very different feeling to it.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great place to work!

Dec 29, 2015 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

I've really enjoyed working here. SandRidge is a great group of people, and they've really made an effort focus on work-life balance in the past couple years

Cons

There aren't very clear avenues for development or promotion. After a while you can sometimes feel stuck in your role.

9. 5.0
    Former Freelancer

External Oil & Gas Title Attorney

May 11, 2015 - Oil & Gas Attorney in Oklahoma City, OK
    Business Outlook

Pros

I worked with/for a wonderful, dedicated group of young oil and gas professionals that made me want to work on SandRidge projects to develop our Oklahoma natural resources.

Cons

As an outside attorney, management does not know who I am, and cuts in the 2015 budget effectively eliminated my position. I never had an opportunity to present an argument to retain my services. I miss working with the six LandMen and women on our Western Oklahoma prospects.

10. 2.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Going on one year and wondering if I should have made the transition

Jun 12, 2014 - Measurement Tech in Alva, OK
    Business Outlook

Pros

I believe the pros and cons directly depend on your position and what area you work out of. To say dropping the 401k match from 15% to 10% is no big deal either shows that if you make 200k a year it wont really affect you. However someone like myself that works in the field from the Alva office that makes less than half of that a year it is a really big deal. Also Sandridge has made several changes in the structure of the company. From a field standpoint the changes we have experienced have only added confusion and more work to the employees in the field. I am sure that there are several people that the changes made a positive impact on, but I guarantee for every one person that is happy with these changes their are five people that are unhappy. On a brighter note their are probably more changes to come however when upper management is so far out of touch with what is going on in the company at the field level you cannot expect your field teams to be happy. I was promised things when i was hired that never happened and I have little faith in the management of my department. Midstream is a mess and I wish I could transfer out of the measurement group I am in. I will try and stay positive and hope that things will improve up here before we lose the last few knowledgable techs we have in our group.

Cons

I feel like the blind is leading the blind. Its not what you know to move up in this company. Its who you know. My views are strictly based on what I have experienced in the group I work in. But it goes all the way up the ladder. Midstream measurement or now the field automation group is managed by people with no knowledge in what we do. And this is true in OKC as well. The most qualified employees for the positions were bypassed by the least knowledgable that had friends in all the right places.

1 person found this review helpful