SandRidge Energy "upper management" Reviews | Glassdoor

SandRidge Energy Employee Reviews about "upper management"

Updated Jul 11, 2019

3.8
SandRidge Energy President and Chief Executive Officer 	James D. Bennett (no image)
James D. Bennett
Pros
  • "SandRidge cares about their employees and has very good benefits(in 9 reviews)

• "Great co-works, good pay lots of hours(in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • "Young engineers that are on power trips get pushed into upper management because of their cheap salary compared to the veterans pushed out(in 6 reviews)

• "Opportunities in Oil and Gas are really high right now with the two newly formed companies in OKC(in 3 reviews)

Reviews about "upper management"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Analyst"

Acquisitions & Divestitures Analyst II in Harrah, OK

I worked at SandRidge Energy for more than 8 years

Pros

Great company to work for, provide great flexibility in the work/life management. Good benefits and amenities. Upper management very approachable and they care for their employees.

Cons

Company Stability, Oil & Gas market tough right now.

SandRidge Energy2016-06-02
  2. "Good employer"

Current Employee - Engineer in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at SandRidge Energy full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Management and personnel have aspirations of a big company and want to explore innovation. Pay and vacation are good. Casual atmosphere is nice. Upper management are all very nice and personable. Building, location, gym are all very nice. New ideas centered on technology are welcomed.

Cons

Though they have aspirations of new innovation etc there is simply not the manpower to pursue it. Past deals under former management has put SD in a sticky spot with a large miss lime asset. Lots of layoffs. Icahn has a grip on the company, and most people are aware of his legacy in the energy industry. In some departments its easy to get locked into your role without growth opportunity.

SandRidge Energy2019-07-11

"Unsure of future of the company."

Former Employee - N/A in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at SandRidge Energy full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Competitive Pay, Good benefits, Good culture and amenities. My "ratings" are reflective of the CURRENT state of what's happening within the organization. Had I filled this out a few years ago, they would look completely different.

Cons

Culture is deteriorating, Poor strategy and assets seem to have left the company in its current state, Future appears to be bleak, Upper management and other leadership which influenced said good culture are gone, Slow professional growth due to volatile industry conditions

SandRidge Energy2018-03-16
  4. "Great"

Former Employee - Mechanical Journeyman/Maintenance Tech2 in Enid, OK

I worked at SandRidge Energy full-time for more than a year

Pros

Independence of daily jobs. Technical experience, training, fellow employers, oil and gas industry. Latest tools and test equipment. Drinking on back roads

Cons

Young engineers that are on power trips get pushed into upper management because of their cheap salary compared to the veterans pushed out. Other than that it was a dream job

SandRidge Energy2017-07-24
  5. "Sandridge Energy"

in Alva, OK

I worked at SandRidge Energy for more than a year

Pros

Benefits, benefits, benefits! All the standard benefits expected like medical, dental, and vision, paid time off, and holidays but also 401k contribution up to 10% matching, bonuses, tuition assistance program, and ticket event drawings. Benefits were the best!

Cons

Intense and stressful environment at times, lack of support from upper management, and lack of critical communication.

SandRidge Energy2016-04-01

"Lots of positives...... As long as you don't work in IT"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at SandRidge Energy full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great executive team. Competitive pay. Good benefits. Positive corporate culture. Nice employees.

Cons

The upper management in IT is TERRIBLE. No empathy. Political. Hopefully you are on their good side.

SandRidge Energy2015-07-08

"Going on one year and wondering if I should have made the transition"

Current Employee - Measurement Tech in Alva, OK

I have been working at SandRidge Energy full-time for less than a year

Pros

I believe the pros and cons directly depend on your position and what area you work out of. To say dropping the 401k match from 15% to 10% is no big deal either shows that if you make 200k a year it wont really affect you. However someone like myself that works in the field from the Alva office that makes less than half of that a year it is a really big deal. Also Sandridge has made several changes in the structure of the company. From a field standpoint the changes we have experienced have only added confusion and more work to the employees in the field. I am sure that there are several people that the changes made a positive impact on, but I guarantee for every one person that is happy with these changes their are five people that are unhappy. On a brighter note their are probably more changes to come however when upper management is so far out of touch with what is going on in the company at the field level you cannot expect your field teams to be happy. I was promised things when i was hired that never happened and I have little faith in the management of my department. Midstream is a mess and I wish I could transfer out of the measurement group I am in. I will try and stay positive and hope that things will improve up here before we lose the last few knowledgable techs we have in our group.

Cons

I feel like the blind is leading the blind. Its not what you know to move up in this company. Its who you know. My views are strictly based on what I have experienced in the group I work in. But it goes all the way up the ladder. Midstream measurement or now the field automation group is managed by people with no knowledge in what we do. And this is true in OKC as well. The most qualified employees for the positions were bypassed by the least knowledgable that had friends in all the right places.

SandRidge Energy2014-06-12
  8. "Run away"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at SandRidge Energy full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good pay, great benefits, central location in downtown, and several opportunities to give back to the community, and tickets to the OKC Thunder.

Cons

This company had a lot of potential. Due to poor management in Accounting and other areas, the morale and good people have all left the building. Repeated complaints to HR from several different people regarding the same issues in different departments goes in one ear and out the other. The upper management is totally disconnected from reality and if you like micro managers, this place is for you. Even recruiters know their reputation and it just keeps getting worse. They brag about community involvement yet allow management to treat their people poorly. It's not worth the $$. There are several good companies in OKC that have a positive work environment. Look elsewhere.

SandRidge Energy2013-02-10
  9. "Great potential but losing momentum"

Current Employee - Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at SandRidge Energy full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Fast paced environment, good compensation. Some very qualified employees and managers.

Cons

Terrible upper management leadership in many departments. Poor communication between departments. A lot of posturing and positioning while requiring ridiculous efforts from staff in effort to play up their roles. Serious increase in this type of behaviour over the past 12 months making is difficult or impossible for staff and some managers to get any real progress made.

SandRidge Energy2013-01-24

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 9 reviews