Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated April 30, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Mark Hodgdon

1. "Room Service Cashier Review"

Former Employee - Food Server in Baton Rouge, LA
    Former Employee - Food Server in Baton Rouge, LA

I worked at Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort (More than a year)

Pros

The staff gave scheduled break time, where they have their own cafeteria with decent food. The pay was good since my position's pay was $9/hr along with tips from the servers.

Cons

The shifts were 8-9 hours long and they start and finish at very inconvenient times, so at times I was extremely fatigued.

Advice to Management

The management should pay the room service cashier more hourly due to the inconvenient working hours. Around $12/hour should be payed.

2. "Unprofessional Management"

Former Employee - Recreation Attendant in Sandestin, FL
    Former Employee - Recreation Attendant in Sandestin, FL

Pros

-Decent pay for very easy job
    -Independent

Cons

-Very disappointed with the management team.
    -I received next to no job training and had to train my self 90% of what I had to do.
    -Unresponsive management team - would sometimes take days to get a reply
    -Pay system is broken. It was supposed to be direct deposit but every other time I've had to get a physical check
    -SanDestin security is extremely unprofessional
    -Managers do not care about you - on two occasions I had to get to an emergency room ASAP and managers wouldn't let me leave until someone covered my shift

Just a bad experience overall. I quit and will never work there again.

Advice to Management

Additional training for managers/change in management.

3. "Unique Resort"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miramar Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miramar Beach, FL

I worked at Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Beautiful resort with 2400 acres of perfectly landscaped neighborhoods and beaches and bayside condos and homes to rent.

Cons

Management changing the course often and high turnover within the staff.

Advice to Management

Stay on track and connect with the team. Get out of your offices and ask questions about how they see the operations running!

"Full-time employment"

Current Employee - Guest Services Professional in Destin, FL
    Current Employee - Guest Services Professional in Destin, FL

I have been working at Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The benefits are good beyond just health insurance, vision, and dental. You're allowed to make use of the amenities on occasion.

Cons

You don't get a lot of opportunities to advance your career if you start on hourly, even if you have the education and are more than qualified for a job.

Advice to Management

Look more into hiring employees that have been with the company for a long time that are overqualified for the jobs that they are doing.

6. "Best"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Panama City Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Panama City Beach, FL

I have been working at Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Wonderful morale within company. Upper management has an open door policy and they like to promote from within. Best company ever.

Cons

I really don't have any negatives to say about sandestin. I have never been so happy at a job before.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing! The employees truly have such a joie de vivre when at work. Always a pleasure to clock in.

"Fear based environment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miramar Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miramar Beach, FL

I have been working at Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Beautiful location. Staff members are kind and caring. Could be an amazing place to work.

Cons

Management looks the other way as to the unethical and abusive tactics of owners. The reputation of this company is at an all time low in the community.
    I have seen more than one staff member from more than one department crying at work due to the humiliation and stress.

Advice to Management

You know what / who the problem is.

8. "Beach attendant"

Current Employee - Beach Attendant in Destin, FL
    Current Employee - Beach Attendant in Destin, FL

Pros

Great atmosphere and coworkers. Great experience for young individuals looking to work in a professional environment. Good ways to meet business professionals from across the nation.

Cons

The office culture is difficult depending on who you work with. I was lucky most of the time to work with people I enjoyed being around.

9. "One of the best employee invested companies I've ever worked for!"

Current Employee - Accounts Receivable in Miramar Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Accounts Receivable in Miramar Beach, FL

I have been working at Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company values its employees. Upper management is personable.

Cons

The salary could be better for the workload.

"F/T jobs are actually Seasonal positions, but staff won't know until September/Labor Day annually!"

Former Employee - Sales Support Coordinator-Club Intrawest in Miramar Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Support Coordinator-Club Intrawest in Miramar Beach, FL

I worked at Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Sandestin Resort is a well-landscaped and beautiful location to work. Although pay levels for the privilege of working there are fairly low, employee discounts to on-site recreation/shops/restaurants were a nice perk.

We had a great original start-up team and excellent training from Club Intrawest corporate in Canada. Great team-building activities & events. However, after 3 months, they started cutting out the lower-performing vacation sales reps, followed by eliminating the Sales Director, & then several support staff regardless of their dedication, hard work, & unpaid overtime hours.

Cons

I had a negative co-worker who targeted my position as the one she wanted that was extremely rude & unprofessional about generating negative gossip. Higher ups aware of this didn't address the issue because her salaried position required lots of evening/weekend O/T. Eventually the Club Intrawest politics forced me to move on.

Advice to Management

Look more deeply for solutions other than firing well-liked staff members that work hard. In addition to the "complimentary comments on fellow staff" box, do a management survey amongst your workers "in the pit".

***Don't be shocked that visitors to Florida actually prefer to buy on-going vacation weeks on the BEACH side of HWY 98! Sandestin Resort is better suited to long-term residential leasing and residential real estate purchases.

11. "Great Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Employment Manager in Destin, FL
    Current Employee - Employment Manager in Destin, FL

I have been working at Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are many reasons of why I love to work for Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort but one of the main reasons is the amazing staff that we have. This is our home away from home and everyone works as a Team to get the job done!

Cons

I have no Cons! This truly is a great place to work and we live in Paradise!

Advice to Management

Thank you for all you do!