Sandhills Global Reviews

Updated Jun 27, 2020

2.8
Sandhills Global Owner Tom Peed (no image)
Tom Peed
Pros
Cons
  • "Dress code (although you look good all the time)(in 63 reviews)

• "No 401k match, maternity leave is one week paid(in 19 reviews)

"Great People, Great Environment, Productive"

Current Employee - Software Developer

I have been working at Sandhills Global full-time for less than a year

Pros

I really enjoy working for Sandhills and would recommend it to anyone looking for a professional work environment, where the management care about you and your family, and you spend most of your day being productive. You are not stuck in useless meetings all day. Good people working at all levels of the business. Professional work environment. The "higher ups" genuinely seem to care about you and your family. Benefits are great. From a technical perspective, I enjoy the software development process. You can get a lot done with limited interruptions and/or roadblocks.

Cons

I have not experienced anything that I would consider a "con" since I've been working for Sandhills.

2. "Tradeoffs"

Current Employee - Developer in Lincoln, NE

I have been working at Sandhills Global full-time

Pros

Fast paced, Learning environment, Interesting products, Stable

Cons

High turnover, No remote, Dress code

"Terrible Company Cutlure"

Former Employee - Software Developer in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at Sandhills Global full-time for more than a year

Pros

Decent training program except you have to learn VB.Net a dying language

Cons

Managers does not care about their employees you are just someone to do there work. They have a bunch of strict rules that NO other companies have so if you don't like pointless rules Sandhills probably isn't for you. They tell you that they will do a year preference review from my experience this is not true YOU will have to ask your manager every year and they will probably deny you a raise. Overall there are just much better place to work other than Sandhills.

"Consistent and Stable"

Former Employee - Software Developer in Lincoln, NE

I worked at Sandhills Global full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work with a lot of great people. Gain experience writing and releasing software. Flexibility around sick/personal time. Consistent 40 hour work schedule. Open to using new technologies, if business value can be proven.

Cons

Lack of 401K match. A lot of code in production is reliant on older tech. Little desire to follow best practices around software building, testing, and deployment processes. Unequal dress code for women.

5. COVID-19

"Ask not what your employer can do for you, but what you can do for your employer"

2.0
    Former Employee - Software Developer in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at Sandhills Global full-time for more than a year

Pros

Meat basket for Christmas. Ham for your family on Easter. Free phone with a plan. Opportunities to learn. Good software developer training program. Many of your coworkers will become your best friends. Yearly bonus. The COO can get you enrolled into his child’s preschool if you are underperforming. Free batting lessons if you feel the desire to role play as a baseball. They provide a wonderful office setting complete with many features such as smells that will make you sick, a bucket for the water to drip into from the ceiling when it rains hard enough, motion lights in the restrooms, constant trolling, and an open floor plan with managers in the back to ensure your work ethic (later to be used against you). Altogether, you will never have a desire to work from home. They place a high monetary value on employees if you are willing to sell your life for it. If they feel you are underperforming, they at least warn you to work on your resume, so it can be ready for your job search. Also, they can easily replace you with a lower-waged intern. It’s a win-win. Immunity to highly contagious and potentially fatal diseases when you are in the office. A dapper dress code, so you will always look your best for the customers that never appear. Don’t mind the sexist portion, it was encouraged and implemented by female leaders without an ounce of influence by Stockholm syndrome. The skills and technology learned here are 90% transferable to other parts of the company, just not outside of it. Depending on your manager, you can be treated like a human being. Big plus for me on my career searches. Up to two weeks of paid vacation if you (1) get married and (2) have a child. Only in that order, though. Extremely comfortable work. No need to grow professional or personally here, just log your 8 hours (nothing less, please) and call it a day. Management doesn’t even give you a performance review unless you beg them or ask for a raise. Thankfully, you are unlikely to receive a raise, so it’s all coasting for you. If you do choose to ask for a raise, be prepared to be reminded how good you have it and how they’re working with you despite your poor performance. Job security. They will never fire you, but they will make you go crazy. Eventually, you will fall into one of two groups of employees: ones who have worked there 25 years, or the ones looking for a new job at the finish line of your second year. Money for referrals. They have a great system in place that gives employees a fraction of hope: you can profit off your friends by referring them to join the same hell as you. However, they normally don’t hire referrals, despite what they may bring to the table. Nonetheless, if you want your friend to be hired, I hope they are a young male as they have the best chance (they have a preference, it’s been documented in the most official manner). With their high turnover rate, you get the opportunity to meet a lot of different people. Again, mostly young males and interns. Opportunity to travel to Nebraska to visit their HQ. All expenses paid with the only downside of flying in a suit. Weekly reminders of how awesome they are doing. Try not to think you contributed to it somehow, though. They aren’t very skilled at tracking employee work, so you can spend a lot of time watching YouTube and Netflix. You won’t be recognized for hard work, so you might as well binge watch your current obsession to get through the work day.

Cons

No 401k matching, but there are plenty of “matching opportunities”. It’s a bit of an inside joke, but you will get it soon enough. If you are involved in an emergency or traumatic situation, please pause to email management so they know where you are and when you will be in the office. Don’t expect to miss work, because of something frivolous like trauma, weather, pandemics, or emergencies. There are no excuses for that behavior, and you don’t want that to be how you represent the company as it could make them look bad.

"Alright"

2.0
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Lincoln, NE

I have been working at Sandhills Global full-time

Pros

There really is a high earning potential here if you can stick around.

Cons

Very micro managed, constant email threats from mngt. There truly is some good people here but it really isn’t a positive work environment.

7. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Lincoln, NE

I have been working at Sandhills Global full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Top Company in the Industry, Work Environment, Compensation, Management, Company Vision, Growth Potential

Cons

From my experience I do not see any cons

8. "Software dev"

Current Employee - Software Developer

I have been working at Sandhills Global full-time

Pros

Pay, people, opportunities are great

Cons

Suits are very annoying to wear everyday

9. COVID-19

"Does not care about employee health"

I have been working at Sandhills Global

Pros

None, old fashioned. Selfish. Unwise.

Cons

In all of this happening with the Corona Virus, management hasn’t even felt the need to send out an email to its employees. We all still have to go into work even though all of our jobs could easily be done from home. If it spreads in the office , our deaths are in your heads Peeds. At least communicate with us. The silence is deafening

"Get out if and when you can"

Former Employee - Interaction Designer

I worked at Sandhills Global full-time for more than a year

Pros

You get free questionable meat every year. Workplace is so deadly silent you can faintly hear the sound of the same 3 songs playing on repeat in the background. You and your co-workers will bond over how much you hate your lives. They just allowed women the option to not wear pantyhose so they are really progressive.

Cons

Raises are not a thing. You have to beg your manager for a yearly review. If you try to show willingness to grow, you will only get work extra work piled on you and nothing to show for it.

Found 216 reviews