Sandow Business Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

3.7
Sandow Business Solutions President Jordan Sprague
Jordan Sprague

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"The Best Company I Ever Worked For"

Current Employee - Human Resources Director in Independence, OH
    Current Employee - Human Resources Director in Independence, OH

I have been working at Sandow Business Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I was hired and became a recruiter for the office and I can't say enough how grateful I am to work in such a positive and uplifting work environment! This place has definitely shown me the growth and opportunities that I can achieve with hard work!!

Cons

There is no cons at Sandow. You show up and work hard for what you want to accomplish.

Advice to Management

Keep Doing What You're Doing.

"Sales job - Pyramid"

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Sandow Business Solutions (Less than a year)

Pros

If your looking for a sales job it's not too bad.

Cons

lots of driving. No one cares about anything other making the sale, customer be damned. Required or *highly encouraged* to come in super early for team building. Overall your working a 10+ hr day for commissions.

3. "Stay far FAR away!"

I worked at Sandow Business Solutions full-time

Pros

Some of the people in the office are amazing people and I am glad to have met them, but the turnover is SO incredibly high, on average most employees last about a week or so.

Cons

In order to succeed in this line of work, you have to be cutthroat, ruthless, and just overall an evil person. There are lots of shady business practices going on throughout not only this company, but also many of the same companies under the larger umbrella corporation. Not only are the selling tactics shady, but the way paychecks are handled are shady, and the way the entire day-to-day structure is set up is questionably illegal. While they will try to convince everyone that it is legal and you are not required to work unacceptably long hours because the morning meetings are "not mandatory", you are shamed and told that you do not have what it takes to succeed if you do not attend . You work far more than 40 hours a week (NOT INCLUDING the not-so-voluntary weekly "team nights" and "crew nights" which you will also be shamed for missing), and no overtime is offered. You are also expected to work holidays with no extra pay for incentive. No benefits are offered whatsoever. You drive from the office to a Walmart store which could be anywhere up to almost an hour drive - with no gas reimbursements - which they will tell you is reimbursed through tax write-offs at the end of the year...yippee. You are also expected to conduct 2nd interviews at a local restaurant (where you are expected to pay for yourself, and the interviewer pays for themselves also). They claim they offer a base+commission structure, but what they fail to mention until later is that it is a draw base + commission. You get $300 base a week, and if your sales don't add up to $300, you'll owe the amount back later. Let's do the math: $300/week ends up being just over $15,000 a year. They will try to tell you, yet again, that if you can't consistently make more sales than that a week, you do not have what it takes to succeed. However, in today's market, direct sales are harder and harder to come by, especially since the item being sold is a joke, and many people know that. If your sale fails to get installed, which happens more often than not, you do not receive any compensation for the work whatsoever.

Bottom line, they have an "argument" for every issue with this scam company and I've heard them all. But if it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, and swims like a duck, it's a duck. There's a common theme throughout all the negative reviews, so look past the manipulation to see it for what it really is. All of the positive reviews were orchestrated by upper management, and they know manipulation better than anyone. I would stay far far away!

Advice to Management

You don't have to run a shady company to be successful.

"So much room for career advancement here!"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Sandow Business Solutions full-time

Pros

Working with Sandow Business Solutions has been a very rewarding experience. Great company culture with a lot of growth and advancement opportunities. Everyone there is supportive and encouraging, the staff truly cares about you and your success!

Cons

It’s not a con but this position does require someone with a great work ethic. Nothing is given, everything is earned. If you are a person who does not give it their all or take their job seriously, this job is not for you.

Advice to Management

Thank you for the time and effort you put in to each and every one of your employees! The growth and expansion we’re experiencing is all thanks to your leadership and your passion for providing opportunities to others!

Mar 16, 2018 – President

Thank you for the kind words! Keep EARNING your opportunity!!

-JS

"They really help grow someone from the ground up"

Current Employee - Account Manager
    Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at Sandow Business Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Love the people I get to work with
    -Great opportunity for growth, unlike that gas station job 🙄
    -management is humble enough to be a mentor rather than a handler
    -I personally pull in about $600-1000/week and that’s just as an account manager

Cons

-Not for everyone
    -Requires someone to be ready to grow, one can’t just fake it because this isn’t a movie theatre popcorn kind of job
    -someone interested in this needs to have a student mentality and open to feedback.

Advice to Management

What you’re doing is obviously working but maybe just ditch the love for Michigan state, makes it really hard to like you guys

Mar 16, 2018 – President

Thanks for the feedback! And I agree; It’s a good thing I went to Michigan, not Michigan State!

-JS

"Experience You Can Actually Use!"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Sandow Business Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

First I want to start off by saying Jordan, the CEO, is great! If you come to work every single day with a student mentality and a willingness to work hard, you will be successful in this business. No doubt about that. Your success will be largely determined by your work ethic and hunger to achieve. Which is awesome! It allows you to earn as much as you want and advance your career as fast as you want without the fear of management prohibiting you from reaching your goals which is a large problem in the corporate work setting! It's 100% all on you. The tools you need for success are all given to you. You just have to do the work!

Cons

There is always a learning curve with a new position, so that applies with Sandow as well. Like I said in my pros section, you are given all the tools, you just have to LEARN them!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing! Ever since I left and started my own business, you have been nothing but helpful to me. For that, I am very grateful. It's great to have you as a mentor, and just keep doing what you are doing!

Mar 14, 2018 – President

Thank you for the kind words!!! I’m glad you learned so much in your time with us and we’re able to use it to be successful in your own business! Like I always say throughout the hiring process... More

"Absolutely not a real job!"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Sandow Business Solutions part-time

Pros

You think you got a job.

Cons

This company has an illusion that they are progressive, providing a ladder, rewarding, etc. It is not. They blow through people because it is pretty easy to tell early on that this is a simple Walmart sales job with no growth potential and worse, there is nothing to learn from this company. Job seekers should try to call the company and you will see this is a just a room to nowhere.

Advice to Management

Be truthful to job seekers. Maybe desperate people are what you are looking for?

Mar 14, 2018 – President

We appreciate your review and we are sorry you feel this way. This is a merit based business, so the rewards and growth opportunities are given to the people that earn them. If you were not earning... More

"Highly Recommended"

I have been working at Sandow Business Solutions part-time

Pros

-positive work environment
    -great pay
    -upbeat coworkers
    -unparalleled growth opportunities

Cons

-you have to put in the work if you want to succeed

Advice to Management

-keep doing what you’re doing!

Mar 14, 2018 – President

Thank you for the review!

"Account Manager"

I worked at Sandow Business Solutions full-time

Pros

Gain great experience in terms of sales while learning a lot of new methods that I still use today. If it wasn't for my employment at Sandow I would not have as many opportunities to further my career that I currently have. Jordan is a fantastic manager to learn from and he always gives great advice as well as the top leaders in the office. Great atmosphere and culture I would recommend this job to anyone looking in sales.

Cons

No much to discuss here, it's a great job and great opportunity and if you're willing to put in the hard work and hours you will absolutely see the results.

Apr 5, 2017 – President

Thank you for the kind words! We all wish you the best in your current career! -J

"Great learning and growth opportunity"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Independence, OH
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Independence, OH

I worked at Sandow Business Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

As a former employee, I would say the best thing I took from this job was the knowledge I learned. And not just about the product they sell. I learned about different ways to interact with customers, different ways to approach customers, and learn when to back away. The atmosphere is great and the people I worked with were even better. They care about each other and if you are succeeding as an individual and as an employee. People who go in to this job who have an open mind and willingness to learn from others and teach others will do very well. I would not be where I am today and able to do as well as I can today without the skills and knowledge I learned here.

Cons

There is a lot of driving involved. And it can be long hours, but worth it in the end.

Apr 23, 2017 – President

This is great to hear! We're glad you're excelling in your career and wish you nothing but happiness!