Sandoz Reviews | Glassdoor

2.8
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Peter Goldschmidt

Pros
Cons
  • Work-life balance: This is a challenge at any company, especially when you are new because you are unsure of the expectation (in 16 reviews)

• no work life balance or consideration of family (in 10 reviews)

1. "Production tech"

Pros

I worked with very good people, and very diverse.

Cons

Too many contract workers, they need to hire all of them.

2. "Great Company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Broomfield, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Broomfield, CO

I worked at Sandoz (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great benefits and work life balance.

Cons

Frequent restructuring and management changes.

3. "Contract to permanent, and still grateful every day for the opportunity!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

I have been working at Sandoz full-time

Pros

Very entrepreneurial: I find that when I have suggestions to improve current processes, or implement new processes, I am provided with opportunity to make those a reality.

Values its talent: I began my career with Sandoz as a contractor where I had the opportunity to work with colleagues cross functionally. After seven or eight months, the organization began to seek roles which could serve as a next step/development opportunity for me. In my ninth month I had the opportunity to interview for my current role where I have opportunities to work with brilliant minds across the division, including our Senior Executive Committee.

Culture: Although, of course, this can vary departmentally (individually, even), the culture at Sandoz is one of the reasons I am most happy here. There is a true sense of collaboration, encouraged by our open concept floor plan. Each time I leave a meeting, I've learned at least one new thing, and have been reminded how fortunate I am to work with some of the most brilliant minds in the industry. They are also some of the most driven, and hard-working individuals I've had the pleasure of working with, and they are eager to bring value, not just to the company, but to our patients as well.

Work hard, play hard: The company sponsors various activities throughout the year which encourage all associates and contractors to come together and enjoy food, drinks and dancing. During holiday breaks, associates are also encouraged to disconnect and refresh, instead of being tied to their phones and computers.

Outstanding facilities: Although grabbing a conference room can sometimes be a challenge on busy weeks, the facilities here are gorgeous and state-of-the-art. The grounds are well maintained, the cafeteria is the best I've ever experienced, and the facilities team is always open to hearing ideas for improvement, and quick to implement them where and when possible.

Cons

I'll re-title this "challenges," as I don't think "Cons" is an accurate title for my two-cents in this subject:

Adjustment to open-space: While the open-space environment does encourage a collaborative environment, if you haven't worked in a concept like this before, it can be a bit of an adjustment. You have to learn how to face rejection of impromptu meetings if someone does not have the time for you the minute you walk up to his/her desk, and also how to do the rejecting if you are swamped with someone and are being approached for an impromptu meeting. On the bright side, everyone faces this challenge, so you get used to it quickly.

Work-life balance: This is a challenge at any company, especially when you are new because you are unsure of the expectation. Fortunately, Sandoz offers flexible working hours, and many people managers are comfortable with employees working from home when necessary. The downside to this kind of flexibility is that there is no true standard - and as such, new employees often feel unsure of what time to be in and what time is appropriate to leave the office. A good solution to this is to set expectations as to your availability and work hours with your supervisor-to-be in your interview, and then stick to it. There are of course times where you may need to be in earlier or stay later for a meeting, but for the most part, work-life balance is only a challenge because certain people let it be a challenge.

Fast-paced environment: I actually love the pace of the environment here. It is extremely fast, faster than anything I had experienced prior, but I would be bored with anything else. For a brand new employee who has not yet worked in this type of environment it can be a bit daunting, but my suggestion and advice would be: "Don't panic!" Shift gears as necessary, and don't be afraid to ask questions. You may get thrown into the thick of it right away depending on your function's onboarding process, but people will know you are new, and we all know there is a learning curve. Before you know it, you’ll love the pace as much as the rest of us, so, “don’t panic!”

5. "QC and Contented"

Current Employee - Quality Control Chemist in Broomfield, CO
    Current Employee - Quality Control Chemist in Broomfield, CO

I have been working at Sandoz full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good benefits, week off at Christmas, bonuses and reward system. Great people- very friendly and eager to help a new comer. Internal movement and promotions actually are encouraged.
    There is never going to be a perfect company, but coming from one that was truly terrible to here has been a breath of fresh air. I do wish the people who bad mouth the management and company as a whole would either change the sour attitude or move on. There are lots of new people coming in, and they bring fresh, happy attitudes and improve the morale just by being so positive. The grumbling from the unhappy ones does nothing to improve the environment but just breaks down motivation and ruins the happiness of others. Management here is light years better than other pharma companies in the area. People complaining about them obviously don't know how good they have it here.

Cons

All the layers we need to go through to get simple things done, or approvals through. Having headquarters in Jersey makes some things more difficult to get accomplished.

Advice to Management

You are on the right track with Pulse and Bravo. Keep trying to improve retention, and hopefully the good management will stick around awhile. Constantly having turn over of leadership isn't conducive to stability.

6. "Great benefits, poor culture"

I have been working at Sandoz full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits- vacation time, summer hours, health insurance.

Cons

Culture is to overwork and overrun everyone. There is no recognition or incentive to perform well

Advice to Management

Take the time to engage and praise employees, support work-life balance. Culture needs to overhauled!!! Let employees have more flexibility. Employees should be able to work from home more often.

"Too many hours, not enough pay"

Former Employee - Chemist
    Former Employee - Chemist

I worked at Sandoz full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Mid-level management had my back, co-workers were amazing people

Cons

Soul sucking work, long hours that aren't compensated (e.g. work till the work is done attitude is prevalent, unless that means you leave in less than 9 hours), mandatory weekend shifts. Salary WAS better than industry average, but when you consider the hours required, the hourly was less than industry standard.

Advice to Management

Let your people have some level of autonomy. After completing a challenging degree, reading recipes isn't what most people want to spend their time doing. The level of dissatisfaction is the lab is so high it's laughable. Telling people that they need to fix their responses to the satisfaction survey isn't an effective way to incite change.

8. "packaging technician"

Pros

The pay is good, you have decent hours and good days off now, you always get off on time, and you have a set schedule. Also its some great people to work with.

Cons

The schedule and hours change from time to time. Also youre not set to one line they have you move from line to line.

9. "Dermatolgoy Field Sales Specialist"

Current Employee - Senior Dermatology Field Sales Specialist in Broomfield, CO
    Current Employee - Senior Dermatology Field Sales Specialist in Broomfield, CO

I have been working at Sandoz (Less than a year)

Pros

Good products, not micro-managed. Compensated fairly.

Cons

No managed care or managed care team.

10. "Product tech"

Pros

Descent pay but no type of benefits.

Cons

Sorry management that hold you back . More like a plantation .

Advice to Management

Stop thinking just about the money and treat the women with respect.

"Sandoz NA - 11th most empathetic - no way !!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

I have been working at Sandoz full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Hard working staff who are generally dedicated to the well being of the company. Unfortunately their efforts generally go unnoticed in favor of those "yes" employees.

Cons

Senior management all the way to the top has to be the least empathetic in the industry. No problem working you to the bone and dispatching you at a moments notice. The unrealistic goals, the unethical CEO behavior; and a pipeline that is all but dried up is just a few of the nuggets awaiting any new employee.

Advice to Management

None to provide since they turnover every 3 years.