Sanford Health Reviews in Bemidji, MN | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Sanford Health President & CEO Kelby K. Krabbenhoft
Kelby K. Krabbenhoft

Pros
Cons
  • Extremely low pay for the enormity of the position (in 15 reviews)

• Extremely short-staffed hospital-wide at the moment (although could be a benefit if you like extra hours) (in 9 reviews)

1. "SBMC"

Current Employee - ED CNA in Bemidji, MN
    Current Employee - ED CNA in Bemidji, MN

I have been working at Sanford Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lots of room for advancement at this hospital.

Cons

They only make some effort to work with people's school schedules.

Advice to Management

Get away from the pin pointing and blaming people for things that happen that are out of people's control.

"Overall good. Has some easy fixes"

Current Employee - Staff RN in Bemidji, MN
    Current Employee - Staff RN in Bemidji, MN

I have been working at Sanford Health (Less than a year)

Pros

Great pay. Love the hospitalists. I feel one on one with them. Very pleasant. Other doctors easy to work with and pleasant.

Cons

Have experienced rudeness from another RN in my department in front of a patient during floor orientation. One year lator and no apology. "Minnesota nice?" I think not. If I had to do it over again I would not have chosen this place.
    Poor department communication. CNA left during shift. No one was told this. Team spirit lacking. Was very busy and had an admit so I asked a CNA to get admit vitals and she replied "It''s not my patient" I pleaded nicely and she did. WOW

Advice to Management

Manager indifferent about how to improve myself or what steps to take. Literally shrugs shoulders and says "I don't know". This was when I first started. Awesome encouragement! Thanks....NOT

3. "Decision Support Analyst"

Former Employee - Decision Support Analyst in Bemidji, MN
    Former Employee - Decision Support Analyst in Bemidji, MN

I worked at Sanford Health full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Due to large size of company, there are many sources from which to get help when needed.

Cons

I felt my position would have gone much easier w/ a computer science degree and/or a few years of experience already doing "Decision Support Analyst" type tasks @ a similar job prior to getting this position.

"No character...no integrity"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bemidji, MN

I worked at Sanford Health full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good people wanting to do a good job right.

Cons

Management doesn't want to listen to workers...favoritism throughout the system...back stabbing, brown nosing, power hungry, suck ups.

Advice to Management

Talk to your employees! Find out what they would like, what works for their department, what you can do to make their job better. Just because you're in charge, doesn't mean you know everything! Treat everyone the same.....BE FAIR! BE OBJECTIVE!

I was dismissed for a reason that still exists there, so I was virtually lied to. Worked for almost 25 years, dismissed and never heard a word from Management....I was out the door and that was that. You have no backbone, no integrity, no morals, just want to please the almighty Corporate! You don't want people around who think for themselves....just the puppets you collect. You are all for show....how wonderful everything looks! Such a nice facility! Beautiful! YOUR WORKERS ARE NOT HAPPY!

6. "Due to Monopoly of area, employees are treated like a dime a dozen"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bemidji, MN

I worked at Sanford Health full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good low level staff, dedicated.Good benefits, Good IT department.

Cons

They have bought out most healthcare facilities in area, so if working for them does not work, plan on moving. Their orientation is not meaningful . I never saw my department manager for almost 2-3 weeks when I started. The boss was married to a worker in the department which was unprofessional and made staff uncomfortable about performance.

Advice to Management

Do not just pay lip service to bringing people into the family, mean it. Make sure your middle mgmt is making informed decisions instead of those that may be emotionally based. Eventually, it will become obvious to the community that your employees are not valued.

"Frustrating....extremely frustrating!"

Former Employee - Office Assistant in Bemidji, MN
    Former Employee - Office Assistant in Bemidji, MN

I worked at Sanford Health full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Those I worked with were great. Those I worked for weren't.

Cons

Not being appreciated. Not being heard. Idiots in charge! ....no employee input. NO COMMON SENSE!!!!!! WHO KNOWS A DEPARTMENT BETTER THAN THOSE WHO WORK IN IT?! Sanford is all for show!

Advice to Management

LISTEN TO YOUR WORKERS! If employees felt their jobs wouldn't be in jeopardy, they would voice their opinions and complaints, but no one wants to hear them! When things aren't working right or going well, the employees have no one to turn to!

"Sanford bought out Meritcare - wish they had stayed in South Dakota"

Current Employee - Physician in Bemidji, MN
    Current Employee - Physician in Bemidji, MN

Pros

The reasons to work here are the same reasons that it was good to work for Meritcare. The people here are still good. Patients are wonderful. Lots of dedicated, hard-working nurses and physicians.

Cons

The farther away management is from day-to-day activities, the worse the decisions are. Pension plan eliminated for physicians. Health benefits have been cut (!). New, more complicated billing method for patients. And uncompensated, mandated training for a new software program? All while Sanford launches money at every sports venue they can to get their name up on the buildings. 2 Million here for the City of Bemidji to name the new hockey arena after the company. Whoopie.

Advice to Management

Start consulting your employees about changes instead of just mandating them, top-down. If it's your way or the highway, get ready to see some docs out on the road...