Sanli Pastore & Hill Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Sanli Pastore & Hill full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

niche expertise in valuation , great corporate culture, top of the league projects, smart and supportive co-workers

Cons

Fast path, tight deadlines, hard work

2. "Challenging, fast paced and always learning"

I have been working at Sanli Pastore & Hill full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Team work and direct access to management for all employees. Every project is different and has new twists. Fast paced. Growing firm. Experienced and visionary leadership.

Cons

Solutions can require a lot of work and late hours.

Advice to Management

Hire better to avoid employees who will leave no matter what.

3. "Expect to Work Hard and Learn a Lot"

Former Employee - Senior Associate in Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Associate in Sacramento, CA

I worked at Sanli Pastore & Hill full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I learned more about valuing privately held companies in my first 6 months at SP&H than the 4 years I spent earning my economics degree. Many of the companies I valued were unique and the opportunity to interview and learn about what made them successful directly from the owners was invaluable. Increases in compensation were generous and based on performance. Principals were highly supportive of my continuing education, which for me included earning the ASA and CFA designations while working full-time.

Cons

Not a "con" per se but much of the work is for the purpose of civil litigation, which can lead to high pressure time-sensitive engagements. Once in awhile I worked late nights and weekends but as I gained more experience and learned how to plan and manage the clients better my work/life balance improved. The principals of SP&H are extremely detail oriented and expected my work to be flawless before it was reviewed (again, not a "con" per se but sloppy/incomplete work was not tolerated).

4. "Financial Analyst"

Former Employee - Financial Analyst in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Sanli Pastore & Hill full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very challenging work environment with steep learning curve. Exposure to broad range of different types of cases across many different industries. Management puts trust and confidence in its employees and expects results.

Cons

Consistently high turnover. Compensation is not great.

Advice to Management

The company will only benefit from lower turnover. Retaining more experienced employees would only benefit the company long term. Pay more.

Sanli Pastore & Hill Response

Nov 17, 2017 – President

Thank you. Good feedback. We are working on this.

5. "Great foundation that propels your career"

Former Employee - Financial Analyst in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Sanli Pastore & Hill full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I was a financial analyst at the company for three years. They have excellent clients in myriad industries. The projects were very challenging and I honed by skills in valuation forecasting, industry and economic analyses

Cons

There can be tight deadlines and requirements for voluminous report writing, but that is really an upside of practical on-the-job training

Advice to Management

Keep hiring the best candidates you can, i.e. self starters with great verbal and written communications skills

"Good foundation for business career"

I worked at Sanli Pastore & Hill full-time

Pros

You build deep research and analysis skills. Also, your communication skills get bolstered and honed through writing many valuation reports and daily interactions with C-level executive clients and attorneys.

Cons

You get exposed to myriad industries and appraisal and forensic assignments; this may not appeal to someone who would prefer to specialize in one industry or area of finance. For me, this was actually a huge benefit in my next job after SP&H as I have been able to adapt to change more quickly than my peers and have been promoted ahead of many of them.

Advice to Management

Keep hiring great people who have the ability to learn from your frank but fair reviews and feedback of their work product

"Strong, ethcial and successful firm. Over 23 years of growth"

Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Sanli Pastore & Hill full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Plenty of work and opportunities. Great teaching and learning.

Cons

You are expected to work and get results.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you do.

"Former Employee with a positive experience..."

I worked at Sanli Pastore & Hill full-time

Pros

With any company, there are moments of stress and feeling somewhat overwhelmed. But, when you work in a results-driven environment, it’s those moments that push you to challenge yourself to do your absolute best. Management has a code of standards and expectations that aren’t sugar coated and may not always come across with ease, but they stand by them and you soon realize why. SP&H has been in business as long as they have because they demand the highest level of work product from their employees and that’s why their clients keep coming back.

Cons

If you’re not willing to learn, work hard and need your hand held every step of the way, SP&H isn’t the place for you.

"Run, do not walk, away from this business"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Sanli Pastore & Hill full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Management has enough time on their hands to continue to visit this site and write phony reviews in order to keep their rankings up.

Cons

I have held off on writing a review for a long time but the ridiculous positive review recently posted are so obviously written by the Company I felt the need to participate. It appears from one of the previous reviews that the Chairman, once called out for his bad behavior, has now changed his title to President in order to avoid being tarred as the abusive bully that he is. No matter what this guys title is he shouldn't be running a business. His verbal attacks on employees are a means to hide his own utter lack of competence by shouting down people who disagree with him. His behavior at work is utterly deplorable and offensive, it is a miracle that the company hasn't been shut down for his drunken groping of female employees. The CEO seems to ignore, or condone this behavior, or is perhaps too weak to put a stop to it. One can only assume that the cost of all the lawsuits is why the company owes money to employees, vendors and service providers and forces employees to work on equipment form the 1990's.

Advice to Management

Cut your losses, fire the President, use the extra money saved from fighting the lawsuits he creates to upgrade your equipment and hire a real management team to run the business.

Sanli Pastore & Hill Response

Nov 17, 2017 – President

None of this ever occurred. Absolutely no basis in fact. This person never worked here. Paid troll.

"Analyst"

Former Employee - Financial Analyst in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

High degree of technical skills learned

Cons

Steep learning curve and sink or swim learning style