Sanmina Reviews | Glassdoor

1.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Sanmina Chairman and CEO Jure Sola
Jure Sola

Pros
  • The people I work with are very good people I work with (in 23 reviews)

• Good work life balance but it depends on the team which you work (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • I think they base the price of insurance on upper management pay scale (in 21 reviews)

• No raises in years despite good earnings (in 14 reviews)

1. "Program Manager"

Former Employee - Senior Program Manager in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Program Manager in San Jose, CA

I worked at Sanmina full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The employees work hard there.

Cons

Work conditions are terrible and no support from top management. Pay is very poor.

Advice to Management

Listen to the employees, invest in them and provide more training

2. "Confusion within all departments"

Current Employee - Production Planner in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Production Planner in Austin, TX

I have been working at Sanmina full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good benefits, nice co-workers, good parking, location is ok, clean bathrooms.

Cons

No accountability, no training, every department has major issues that could be fixed but will take months. No team work and everyone wants to cya. It is obvious the lack of team work is trickling down from upper management. Suppliers keep putting location on cedit hold because receiving does not receive everything in. This location has no idea what inventory they have or dont have. Customers get promised dates yet they cant be completed. Shocked location has not shut down with the way things don't work here.

Advice to Management

Hire and keep quality people. Show team work and stop making the same mistakes over and over again.

"Worst place I've ever worked!"

Former Employee - Program Manager in Huntsville, AL
    Former Employee - Program Manager in Huntsville, AL

I worked at Sanmina full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Coworkers are very helpful and nice. Clean plant and very pretty inside the plant. Potential customers are impressed with all the bling bling. What they don't see is how bad the moral is due to low pay and fleeting benefits. Results in poor quality.

Cons

Bad insurance. High premiums and excessively high deductible guarantees that you will pay all year and not recieve any benefit. Work for years with no pay increases.

Advice to Management

Leave and get new management. Nothing but turf wars going on between mid-level management and directors.

5. "Not a good PLACE !!"

Former Employee - Inspector in Owego, NY
    Former Employee - Inspector in Owego, NY

I worked at Sanmina full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

No pros-- BAD Benefits !! Very expensive !!

Cons

Worst place I ever worked. They treat you like slaves, forget home life. They haven't given a raises for last 13 years. Managers tell people on the floor they will never see them again!! They are known for having lots of lay off. They get rid of whole shifts with a lay off, then bring people back as temps and cheaper pay. They are on 20 hours of overtime a lot. This place is all about the money . (Cheap, cheap) They come down on people if they have a disability . ( they will make your life there miserable until you quit ) there attitude is do what I say or there is the door.!! If you get a doctor notice for restriction, they tell you not to come back, or not to come back till your off of them. The place took all CHAIRS away from all the employees, they think people work harder that way . They should look up the proven facts on that !! 10 1/2 hour shifts of standing for most people 6 days a week. The place also came up with a great idea to post a board full of everyone names on it, it tells everyone in the room how great some people are and how terrible other people are. Everyone has there skill sets- some people get the harder work that may take longer, others get gravy. So, yeah, you guessed it , the people with hardly any skills get great numbers, the people on harder work get crapped on !! 1 bad night there makes management want to fire you! The place just is so degrading towards people and don't care. They tell you you will get the holiday , NO U DONT.. I knew of a couple we were told we would have off, then they came back at the last minute and told us we were working all weekend !!! The 2 men running this owego plant is making people run for the doors ! I foresee they will not be in business much longer, they should have never been put in charge of a building, they running it in the ground!! They do not care about people or quality !! They only care about numbers . I truly feel sorry for the company's that count on sanmina for products. They are a very deceitful company . If these company's that count on them only knew !! If you think you will get in there and move up, YOUR WRONG . They keep proving to only bring in people that are related , or know the main guys running the plant. One last thing, YOU REALLY NEED to have a good smart brain for this place!! The work is NOT EASY!! The 2 main men running this plant think everyone can just be a button pusher, this is so FAR from the truth!! They don't know anything or have any attention on listening to people on the floor on how the job are really done.. For the amount of money and the work you would endure, you would be better of at a fast food business , for same amount of money. No one will ever find a future here if you looking for a long time job you think you can count on, they keep getting rid of the people that have knowledge. And they don't get rid of people by evaluations like they should.

Advice to Management

Start GIVING A CRAP ABOUT YOUR PEOPLE AND THE COMPANIES YOU DO JOBS FOR !! Start DOING RIGHT BY THEM ALL. QUIT BEING SO DECEITFUL !!!!

"Production Operator"

Current Employee - Production Operator in Huntsville, AL
    Current Employee - Production Operator in Huntsville, AL

I have been working at Sanmina full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Indoors. Bathrooms. Some chairs. Great 1970's culture.

Cons

Out of touch management. More concerned with numbers than people. Non- competitive benefit package. Bleeding top talent. Product built by a revolving door of low wage temps and aging permanent employees holding on for a year or so until retirement. No raises in years despite good earnings. Substandard equipment. Patronizing management. No engineering/ management support on off shifts. Major emphasis on petty and minor issues while the ship sinks. Most employees work two jobs or get welfare to make ends meet therefore constant turnover. Never. Never recommend for a serious talent that wants to excel in their career or provide for their family. An overall disappointing company that is satisfied with mediocrity.

Advice to Management

Fire all top management. Burn the rulebook. Purge the malignant corporate culture. Earn the title of leader. Listen to the experience of your employees and thrive. Continue to neglect your "little" people and perish. It is rotten from within.

7. "Terrible Company"

Former Employee - Technical Writer in Huntsville, AL
    Former Employee - Technical Writer in Huntsville, AL

I worked at Sanmina full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They'll take a chance on those with lesser experience.

Cons

They don't promote. Pay is very little. Management is clique-y, and there is no separation of work and personal life. You must be basically "on call" at all times.

8. "Don't do it"

Current Employee - Engineering Technician in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Engineering Technician in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Sanmina full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Paycheck never bounced. Work isn't hard.

Cons

Management is so out of tuned to be sad. Projects are brought in at a dizzying rate with not thought of how to support it. Engineers are that in name only. Raises haven't been given in years.

9. "HORRIBLE BENEFITS NO MERIT INCREASES"

Former Employee - Manager in El Paso, TX
    Former Employee - Manager in El Paso, TX

I worked at Sanmina full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There's a steady paycheck. Water is drinkable. Closed on Sundays. Some coworkers are cool.

Cons

This Company is the most greedy that I've ever worked for in terms of large scale company's. A mom and pop shop would probably be a better place to work.

Advice to Management

You need to take care of your employees! They are the foundation of your success. Stop being so greedy. All lives matter.

10. "Warehouse Team Lead"

Current Employee - WAREHOUSE TEAM LEAD in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - WAREHOUSE TEAM LEAD in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Sanmina full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good working evironment , good people, great hours

Cons

No room for advancement or growth, no raise in 5years or more, more work put on you for less money........

Advice to Management

I went from a Receiver to a Team Lead that's as far as I got

11. "No career path"

Current Employee - Systems Engineer in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Sanmina (Less than a year)

Pros

A lot of parking space. all you can park.

Cons

No goal, no one care when you bring up an issue. No career path. Hard work won't be recognized. Health insurance is not good. Around 10 days PTO per year.

Advice to Management

Training your team before assigning jobs to them.