Sanofi Genzyme Reviews | Glassdoor

1.0
Sanofi Genzyme President & CEO David Meeker
David Meeker

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Good work/life balance, knowledgeable people (in 33 reviews)

• Great benefits; Opportunities to move within the company (in 44 reviews)

1. "Supervisor"

Former Employee - Manufacturing Supervisor in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Manufacturing Supervisor in Boston, MA

I worked at Sanofi Genzyme full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good pay, none, none, none, none, none and more none. Franingham is the worst site I have ever worked. Worst leadership. No drug testing and it shows.

Cons

Horrible upper management and leadership. Nonexistent HR. Zero development and staff retention. Expect to deliver a 1% raise for most members of your staff and a 2% raise for you as a top performer.

Advice to Management

Learn basic GMP. One star as I had to.

2. "Dysfunctional"

Current Employee - Process Engineer II in Framingham, MA
    Current Employee - Process Engineer II in Framingham, MA

I have been working at Sanofi Genzyme full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I live in Framingham, so the commute is short.
    The turnover is high, so it's easy to move around within the company

Cons

The company doesn't care about the turnover, despite being upwards of 50% in some departments
    The pay is low compared to industry averages in the area
    Management is terrible. They're focused on looking good to their managers and treat their people poorly
    No cohesion or strategy. The five-year plan of today is not the five-year plan at the end of the week. The whole company seems to have the mentality of "build a fire today so we can look good putting it out tomorrow."

Advice to Management

Get a plan, stick to it.
    Your employees are people, treat them like it.

3. "Awful"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Allston, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Allston, MA

I worked at Sanofi Genzyme full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you are lucky enough to get a good manager, you might be OK.

Cons

If you get an incompetent manager, woe be unto you. Some of them should be fired immediately.

Advice to Management

Ask people where they would like to be before putting them in the wrong place and subsequently losing their skills.

"Look elsewhere"

Former Employee - Director in Cambridge, MA
    Former Employee - Director in Cambridge, MA

I worked at Sanofi Genzyme full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice aging building in Kendall Square, residual brand name, and good work-life balance for those looking to coast until stock collapse

Cons

- Old Genzyme is dead. Very few people remain pre-acquisition
    - Quality of personnel has gone downhill by a lot at 500 Kendall. C/D-level personable have taken over since acquisition
    - Comp and annual increases are non-existent. This is basically Sanofi with annual franchises dying globally
    - Not diverse. In our commercial franchise alone 4 of 6 minorities all left without 12 months. Boston/Cambridge is still NOT a place for minorities to make a career!
    - Most people here at HQ do not work hard. Don't buy stock; people here are coasting and losing to competition every quarter

Advice to Management

This place is good if you have a family and don't want to work hard, and want to coast for a few years until they massively miss earnings and start huge well-deserved layoffs

5. "unpaid"

Former Employee - Driver Helper in Brockton, MA
    Former Employee - Driver Helper in Brockton, MA

I worked at Sanofi Genzyme part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Easy to get to if you dont mind the odds you will be mistrated

Cons

The staff is rude and ignorant. They make false claims and dont pay out pay checks.

Advice to Management

Be more polite courtious to employees and treat others as you would want to be treated. For a fortune 50 company to be so disregardless of your employees is unreal.

"Sanofi does not treat it's employees well"

Former Employee - Research Associate II in Framingham, MA
    Former Employee - Research Associate II in Framingham, MA

I worked at Sanofi Genzyme full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Can't really think of any.

Cons

Well below average compensation. No room for vertical growth. Management does nothing for employee retention or growth. Lots of infighting and throwing others under the bus to get ahead. Quitting was one of the best decisions I ever made.

Advice to Management

Genzyme treated it's employees very well. Sanofi should follow suit, but profits seem to matter more.

"Good benefits but bad culture"

Former Employee - IT Consultant in Framingham, MA
    Former Employee - IT Consultant in Framingham, MA

I worked at Sanofi Genzyme (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good benefits and pretty decent work - life balance.

Cons

Europe centric company. Bottom line over people culture. Office politics on all levels.

Advice to Management

Go back to Genzyme culture when people were valued and appreciated for hard work.

"Quality Control Analyst II"

Former Contractor - Quality Control Analyst II in Lynnwood, WA
    Former Contractor - Quality Control Analyst II in Lynnwood, WA

I worked at Sanofi Genzyme as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

I enjoyed both working with my team members along with the SOP provided by the company.

Cons

Terrible management. I was fired on the phone at 7 PM -- as I answered my cell phone with a number I didn't recognize, the person on the other end of the phone said that "Mr. X, we've received information from the IT department that you've tried to breach the security of the company. This immediately terminates your position. Please do not return to the office nor contact any employees, your belongings will be mailed to you". I was SHOCKED. No explanation, nothing. I contacted a fellow co-worker whom we used to carpool to work together and he said as he'd gotten to the office, he'd been told not to be in communication with me.

I'm a chemist. I have no knowledge of network security. To be let go, on the phone without an explanation is horrendous.

"Death spiral"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at Sanofi Genzyme full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

God people, great benefits, stability, impossible to lose your job based on bad performance, Alston has the best location for a manufacturing site

Cons

Poor leadership, lack of management skills, internal mobility is practically impossible unless you know someone. Year end bonus and raises have nothing to do with performance.

Advice to Management

Start paying attention. There are more management layers above the site head than there are below him and no one knows what these people do. Never even seen one of them unless there's ice-cream

"Worse Every Year"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Framingham, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Framingham, MA

I have been working at Sanofi Genzyme full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

My coworkers are pretty great. Benefits are good, with the exception of bonuses.

Cons

I really didn't think it would get as bad as it has. Not only has the Sanofi acquisition resulted in "LEAN" manufacturing by attrition, the treatment of employees in roles without which the company wouldn't exist has become downright disrespectful. Word has spread that the environment becomes increasingly toxic as one goes up the ladder, and evidence has (fleetingly) surfaced that the Wal-Mart-like raises (read: lack of) for even the best employees are being skimmed off to line the pockets of managers and directors. Let's put it this way: I was insulted by the number shown to me at my review this year, but after learning what I have about too many others, I'm almost grateful. It's not a business anymore; it's the marriage of a ponzi scheme and a labor camp. Morale has tanked. Every work day, to my dismay, I learn how much worse it was than I thought. I would warn you about seeking employment here, but the last couple years has shown me they don't plan on hiring anyway.

Advice to Management

I have none. I've learned that addressing Management directly is a punishable offense.