Sanofi Reviews | Glassdoor

Sanofi CEO Olivier Brandicourt
Olivier Brandicourt

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Getting less people centric and less work life balance (in 20 reviews)

• Some upper management came off as incompetent (in 19 reviews)

1. "Materials Operations"

Current Employee - Material Handler in Northborough, MA
    Current Employee - Material Handler in Northborough, MA

I have been working at Sanofi full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

None whats so ever one you are employed you stay in that position

Cons

Favoritism is the worst I have ever seen. The environment at my site is that every day you go in will you have a job. People are leaving the company every week 2 or 3 employees leave or get walk out due to cut backs because of the Genzyme acquisition to many people

Advice to Management

Be more organized with the employees you have ..... Have a true sense of direction where the company needs to grow

2. "Sales Prof"

I have been working at Sanofi full-time

Pros

Good vacation , company shut down for Christmas. Good benefits.

Cons

Someone else posted this and I couldn't agree more! I have been employed with Sanofi for 3.5 years, 1.5 as a CSO and out of the 3.5 years, 3 have gone from bad to worse!

"Fire drill after fire drill. 3 leaders of diabetes division in 3 years. Reorg every year (no kidding)., usually around Christmas time. Sales management obsessed with metrics and dinners. Toxic environment for reps.
    Managers are free to set their own benchmarks regardless of what the company expects. In order to get a good rating you need to become a clone of your boss. Every time you get a new boss you have to start all over. Management very short term driven and if you have a bad week they persecute you. (I have had a manager of 7 years and why they keep her I am not sure, the worst I have yet to encounter! You have leaders, you have managers, they you have.......) People don't know where the company is headed and I do not know of one person that is happy working here! The last 3 years has been a storm of confusion, conflicting directives! Stay away!"

Advice to Management

Stop switching management every year and strategies. Treat people the way you expect to be treated. Integrity is everything, do what you teach. Don't have your sales force crucified because of decisions that corporate makes and expects that aren't right for business!

"Executive sales representative diabetes Los Angeles"

Current Employee - Executive Sales Representative in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Executive Sales Representative in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Sanofi full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good vacation if you stay long enough, company shut down for Christmas. Good benefits.

Cons

Management very short term driven. If you have a bad week they persecute you.

People don't know where company is headed. I do not know one rep who is happy working here.

Last 3 years has been a storm of confusion, conflicting directives.

Stay away

Advice to Management

Treat people the way you want to be treated. Don't threaten, try nurturing.

Stop switching management every year. Think long term.

4. "Once great, now definitely not"

I worked at Sanofi full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Parts of the organization / business units are doing well and getting attention and investment where others (like diabetes & CV) are not. The under-investment - for example in new products - is now resulting in negative growth for those areas and regions

Compensation and benefits are / were attractive even if some 'decline' over the years such as in health benefits but changes were probably largely similar to what other companies were offering

Cons

Tremendous amount of change all the way from the executive level which created fear and almost paralyzed the US organization. Especially the extremely high turnover in management was very exhausting.

Advice to Management

Figure out what you want to be, come to terms with your organization and outlook and stop the constant changes in personnel, especially leadership
    Invest appropriately in R&D and start commercial preparation earlier

"Sr. Manager"

Former Employee - Director in Bridgewater, NJ
    Former Employee - Director in Bridgewater, NJ

I worked at Sanofi full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good benefits, nice location and workplace amenities

Cons

Overall culture -- elitism, favoritism, nepotism, cutthroat. You only get somewhere if you are: a) French b) speak French c) are connected to the French d) look and act like French

Advice to Management

Genuinely embrace diversity and reward people for their contributions and talents.

6. "Worst Company I Have Ever Worked For, Period"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bridgewater, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bridgewater, NJ

I worked at Sanofi full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The only pros for Sanofi is in pay, medical benefits, 401K, and vacation time. Everything else that appears to be a positive is smoke and mirrors.

Cons

The cons are the culture which is very Franco-centric. The is a real lack of support for employees and providing them with the tools to be successful in their jobs. The company is too French and really does not provide real opportunity for advancement for non-French employees. The company is too focused on M&A and has forsaken the real way to be successful - securing and retaining dedicated, trained and motivated employees. The company appears to provide many things that are supposed to enhance work life balance but in reality are typically smoke and mirrors. You find out too late that your dedication and sacrifice are not really rewarded and at the end of things you are an expendable commodity.

Advice to Management

Figure out how to make the company truly global with equal opportunity for career growth and opportunity for everyone and not just some one from France. Learn how to adapt management style to the country and not simply force the French model onto a country and culture that isn't French.

7. "Experience"

I worked at Sanofi full-time

Pros

Good income/pay and opportunities offered to ONLY selected people with strong connection insiders...

Cons

A lot of favoritism & politics.

Advice to Management

Let people with many years of experience to learn and ps. open doors for them and NOT TO SLAM DOORS IN THEIR FACES...

"SAS programmer"

Former Contractor - SAS Programmer in Swiftwater, PA
    Former Contractor - SAS Programmer in Swiftwater, PA

I worked at Sanofi as a contractor (More than 5 years)

Pros

very nice working culture and management teams. I meant in the pocono, swiftwater, pa Aventis.

Cons

people got used to live in big city may not like the location. families with kids may not like its school district.

9. "sales rep"

I worked at Sanofi full-time

Pros

decent pay, good products to promote

Cons

terrible management, conducted massive layoffs, then did rehire immediately

10. "poor management"

I worked at Sanofi full-time

Pros

great teammates and benefits

Cons

very poor management on all levels. management does not value sales force at all. toxic work environment.