SanovaWorks Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.6
Shelley Tanner

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Great flexibility and work experience"

I have been working at SanovaWorks full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've worked for Sanovaworks for several years and have really enjoyed my time here. The flexibility is amazing and although there are normal work issues, I feel like people really do care about you and if you succeed. I think some of the reviews on here are a bit extreme. While we do have many meetings, we are a remote company and that's to be expected. Plus, I'm being paid to work full time, I don't expect to work in a bubble and only work when it's convenient to me. I personally feel like the flexibility is incredible here and I'm so thankful that I have it at this point in my life. I also enjoy that I get to work on many different aspects of the company, which is incredible work experience.

Cons

Because it's a smaller company, the salaries aren't very high and I wish we were offered more performance bonuses. But overall, the pros definitely outweigh the cons.

"Great team and caring company"

I worked at SanovaWorks full-time

Pros

Small company so you get to do a lot of different things. Every day is different. You wear many hats which I really like. The team are very committed and fun to work with. Even though the company is remote, you really get to work closely with people. I worked with my manager learning new things literally every month. This was fun and sometimes exhausting.

Cons

I worked at this company for several years and still keep in touch with people there. Someone who currently works there told me about the negative reviews that were written so I looked and was shocked to see what people wrote which is why I wanted to write and just say that this is a good little company. Look, things are not perfect anywhere you go... thats why it is called WORK! I moved on because I took a job at a bigger company for more money and I miss the fluid nature of being in a small team. I dont disagree with some of what people have said, but the odd stuff about lies and egos... well I guess someone wasnt happy when they left.

Advice to Management

Dont worry about the negative reviews that were obviously written by one or 2 people who have taken issue with the company. Anyone looking here who reads the negativity those people have spewed will see through them.

"Enjoyed Working There for Years"

I worked at SanovaWorks full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Employees - I worked at SanovaWorks for over 4 years and during that time made really close friends; I left over 2 years ago and still stay in touch with many of them; I actually just went to NY to visit one friend I made at SW (she still works there)
    Remote working - I moved away from NY but kept working at SanovaWorks; it was nice when dealing with the stress of moving, not to have to deal with trying to find a new job on top of that; the stability at work made the move so much easier, both financially and mentally
    Start-up projects - I got to work on a few brand new projects, which was really fun; launches are a lot of work, but rewarding; was able to collaborate with the designer on the brand design
    Working with doctors - A lot of the content is written by doctors who really care about their field; was nice to work with some of the top dogs and to develop relationships with them

Cons

Being remote - I started at SanovaWorks when there was a physical office; when everyone went remote, it got to be a little lonely; it was an adjustment period and not necessarily what I signed up for, but once I got used to working from home, I wouldn't go back!
    Meetings - There are a lot of meetings, I think to counteract the remote working thing; when you're at an office you might drop by your colleague's cubicle to ask her a few questions for 5-10 minutes, but when you work remotely and with flex hours, sometimes it can be hard to catch someone, so you have to schedule a meeting
    Compensation - Salary could have been more competitive; ultimately that's why I decided to leave and they didn't counter-offer

Advice to Management

Maybe reply to some of these negative reviews that are obviously written by one troll; when I worked there, there were only like 25 employees, so I find it unrealistic that there are so many 1-star reviews by former and current employees

"I truly liked working for this company"

I worked at SanovaWorks full-time

Pros

This company is run by some very compassionate people, that love the company. Most everyone I worked with also loved the company, and it's a nice culture. That is one of the best things, is that you really like the people. You have a lot of autonomy, which I always appreciated. I loved the remote working, and the flexible hours scheduling.

Cons

It's a small company, so it can get pretty busy. They can't pay sky high salaries, as they are so small. It's just a typical company with typical internal issues, nothing outstanding or out of the ordinary. I got a chuckle when I looked through some of the reviews on here - not sure if they were posted for the wrong company or if there is a disgruntled ex-employee out there trolling them, but some of them sound pretty funny, especially because I know a lot of people that work or used to work there, and I don't know anyone that feels this way.

Advice to Management

Watch out for trolls!

"Too Many Meetings and Too Much Ego Makes Bad Products"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at SanovaWorks full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pros
    Yes you can work from home but there is very little flexibility in scheduling and the unlimited vacation is simply unrealistic given the endless workload.

Cons

A true relationship between cultural dysfunction and a lack of business results. Management egos are grossly unchecked. If you do succeed it will be resented by management.

You will spend time in endless meetings where you will be expected to prove that you were working and not “getting results” while others in the company have absolutely no accountability at all. How is it that the company shuts down entire divisions and lays off close to half the staff and yet no one in upper management looses their jobs?

Gossip and lies are the norm. So much attention is spent defending the rotten company culture, that the actual company products have been neglected beyond repair. As for the few successful products, it is not possible that the current management built them and nobody understands why they keep their jobs.

Advice to Management

Figure out where you went wrong and how you got so bitter and uncaring and fix it! Dump the bad managers and get ones that know the business and champion employee success. Stop writing positive reviews about how things are "worth it"...Who says that about a job?!

SanovaWorks Response

Apr 18, 2017 – Operations Manager

I am sorry to hear that your experience with our company so far has been negative. As a current employee, I would hope you could discuss these issues with your manager, or with the CEO or VP. As a... More

"Worth it"

I worked at SanovaWorks full-time

Pros

The people are amazing. Only 3 employees out of 20+ have been with SanovaWorks less than 2 years. The leadership cares about these employees like family. The organizational structure, remote work environment, unlimited vacation and flexible schedule make this job ideal for telecommuters. For every criticism of SanovaWorks, 86% of the company has been active, dedicated, engaged, loyal employees for 2 years+. The current staff are what makes SanovaWorks an honest, dependable, results-driven place to work. The sales team is comprised of 5 individuals whom dedicated the last 5 years+ to growing the business, driving results and over-delivering on client expectations. The marketing team is a collective group of SanovaWorks veterans and a few new faces that have taken our reach, positioning and product offerings to record-breaking and award winning healthcare solutions. The production team is has collected several years of experience producing efficient and well-run live events, publications and custom programs. The finance team is powerhouse of organization, experience and cloud-based software. You can submit reimbursements directly from a mobile app on your phone. Our tech team has integrated cloud-based platforms for emailings, communicating, sharing files, storing documents, and streamlining reporting all from your phone! Our leadership is thinking about what is coming next and how to evolve the business with our engaged culture and community.

Cons

Being a small company, there have been mistakes and challenges with hiring, role distribution, and ironing out our processes and procedures. As the industry evolved, so did the business. This lead to downsizing of certain departments and growth of other departments. These challenges lead to reviews from past employees and their voices were heard. All feedback gave an opportunity to grow, evolve and meet the needs of our employees, clients, brands and business goals.

Advice to Management

Stay connected with staff, contractors, vendors and clients (past and present) and to deliver the best, viable company and place to work.

"It's a Great Place!"

Pros

OK, the company had lay-offs. It stinks. Some folks are hurt/angry and posted some bad reviews. I was laid-off too -- but I still think it's a great place and I was lucky to work there. I would happily return to the SW team in the future.
    * It is the idealization of work-life balance, and it generally works really well!
    * They have a lot of different division and programs, and do some very cool projects
    * It's a great, fantastic, amazing group of individuals -- you will be lucky to meet many of these folks!

Cons

Sure there is are cons, just like at every company!
    But that doesn't mean it's not a great place to work.

Advice to Management

Benefits
    Cultivate the employees; less contractors

"Not worth the trade of my dignity for the so called flexibility."

I worked at SanovaWorks full-time

Pros

There was a time I thought I was going to love this company. I had fun sometimes but not really not so much to balance things out. There is some flexibility sometimes, but I have come to learn that the reality is that most employers these days will give some flexibility as well. So while I did enjoy the flexibility when there I know now that I probably would have gotten the same thing elsewhere without all the disrespect and nonsense I had to put up with.

Cons

I wanted to be in a really cool startup company so I joined. I was told I would make a lot of money with all the project ideas they had. But very much like half of our products, the image they are portraying of this fun loving culture is an illusion. I used to look at the website at the photos knowing that outside of the ever-changing line up of current employees, many of the joyful faces used on the site left on incredibly bad terms. I heard about lawsuits with some and know personally that they do hang on to your money or when you are let go so you won't tell anyone what really happened or say something bad about the company. Often I heard that the company just can’t go on financially so cuts were may. I saw several cycles of this while I was there. As soon as some money comes in they will hire cheaper people including my job.

As far as the culture of the company goes, the false gossip, rumor mills, finger pointing and hypocrisy is unbelievable. There is no oversight to management and management lies. Worst part is that nobody cares. The company is an elaborate expense account for a few.

Advice to Management

You need to get a hold of your egos and entitlement issues.

"Ashamed to have worked at SanovaWorks"

Pros

Work from home and opportunity to travel.

Cons

While you do work from home, you will be on video meetings and required to be glued to a messaging app most of your day. You will be forced to share a hotel room with another employee(s) when you travel for business. No company credit card. I agree with previous reviews about having to front your own money for travel and business expenses and then waiting awhile for reimbursement. I have also learned about lawsuits and investigations against the company. Incredible amount of gossip, power struggle and drama, very Lord of the Flies type of environment. They simply can't deliver what they promise, not to their employees or their clients. The leadership lacks the background to be able to run great business in this highly competitive market, with very little professional experience prior to their jobs here at Sanova Works. I thought I would enjoy this job, but soon after I was hired, I realized I was very wrong.

Advice to Management

Stop asking your managers to write good reviews here, maybe read the dozens of real reviews (which are mostly negative and consistent in feedback) and take responsibility for your business and your actions. Work on your employee retention and company culture, because obviously something is very wrong.

SanovaWorks Response

Apr 18, 2017 – Operations Manager

I am sorry to hear that your experience with our company was so negative, and I am sorry that you did not express these frustrations and challenges while you were employed at SanovaWorks. Because we... More

"Meaningless, Dead End Job"

Pros

The schedule is somewhat flexible.

Cons

Incredibly entitled employees and management. There is a prominent attitude that they are too good to do tasks. For example: All employees print, but if the paper is out, they won't touch it because it is not in their job description.
    Personal tasks completely unrelated to the business are assigned. For example: Filing highly questionable insurance claims for a higher up's home.
    Higher ups are dishonest and very shady with use of company funds. For example: Clothing, travel, food, gifts, etc.
    Accountability is a weakness among management. Blame is quickly placed onto others.
    Their attempts to foster a "family" environment is very unprofessional and inappropriate.
    It is a culture of hypocrites, gossiping, and managers who know nothing of leadership.

Advice to Management

Engage in self study of interpersonal and leadership skills.
    Professionalism is key.
    Take a good luck at the negative reviews and see how they have several things in common. The business and the culture are a direct reflection of your leadership. Be more self-aware of the role you play in the organization. The negativity you are fostering is very toxic and not conducive to growing a successful, thriving business.