Santander Consumer USA Reviews | Glassdoor

2.7
Jason A. Kulas

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. Featured Review

"Great company, Benefits, and Pay"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in North Richland Hills, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in North Richland Hills, TX

I worked at Santander Consumer USA full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I loved every bit of working at Santander and I wish they would hire me back, I came to work did what I was supposed to do and more, overall experience with them is a 10

Cons

I disliked the day that my entire team was split up and we got a new manager

May 18, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Specialist II

Thank you for your positive review. We are glad you had a good work experience with us and we hope to continue to make Santander Consumer USA a great place to work.

2. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Credit Analyst in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Credit Analyst in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Santander Consumer USA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fantastic opportunity to not only grow but advance in the company.

Cons

Lack of follow up, inconsistency. We tend to say one thing and do another.

Advice to Management

Engage with your employees more and truly buy in to the team. Let them know you are on there side. You are there manager but you are for them and you are here to teach them and train them and help them in any way. We do a good Job of this so far but we need to get better.

"Going downhill - Terrible HR "leadership""

Former Employee - Human Resources - Corporate Office in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Human Resources - Corporate Office in Dallas, TX

I worked at Santander Consumer USA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Smart associates with a lot of potential.

Cons

Unfortunately, the leadership team at SC is terrible. HR leadership leads with intimidation and fear. SC used to be a fun place to work, with interesting work and fun associates. Now, the morale is down and nobody wants to be there. Specifically, in HR, everyone is scared and just keeping their heads down trying to get by. The CHRO is not a people person at all. She is feared by everyone, instead of respected. She has completely shifted the culture at SC. She has her minions within HR that do her dirty work. The outlook for the company doesn't look good at all and I would not recommend a friend to work there. My team there was awesome and I enjoyed many other associates. Unfortunately, it just isn't a good place to be anymore.

Advice to Management

Get rid of the CHRO and those other leaders within HR. Ask current associates about the state of HR. Do research and figure out what the issue is. Turnover in the company is at an all time high and it seems like execs do not care.

4. "lease"

Former Employee - Lease Coordinator in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Lease Coordinator in Denver, CO

I worked at Santander Consumer USA full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

good pay and nice bonuses

Cons

tools to do job and amount of bathroom time

Advice to Management

good already

"scrum master"

Current Employee - Scrum Master in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Scrum Master in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Santander Consumer USA full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

they finally are giving us more than 2 weeks vacation.

Cons

They've laid off a lot of really good people to keep the low paid employees.
    They say they are trying to make it a better place to work but the really bad and mean managers are still in charge and the really bad leadership in HR is still there.

Advice to Management

Clean house in management and HR and get some new blood.

"Financial Analyst III"

Former Employee - Financial Analyst III in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Financial Analyst III in Dallas, TX

I worked at Santander Consumer USA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work with great people, benefits such as health insurance is very affordable, 401k 100% match up to 6%.

Cons

Downtown Dallas location, culture is very nonobservant. Senior management at times lacks a true understanding of what's going on with their teams. Budget cuts, which is understandable; however, took away some of the perks which made the company fun and interesting.

Advice to Management

We (i.e. employees) are individuals just like you, with goals and desires; so please stop treating us like objects or just another clog in a machine.

Jul 26, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Specialist II

As a growing company, we strive for the best possible experience for our employees and we thank you for your input.

"Immature environment that promotes a lethargic culture"

Current Employee - Product Owner in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Product Owner in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Santander Consumer USA full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great individual contributors, good starting salary, secure job, good low level managers, nice bathrooms, good meeting rooms, good natural light in the office

Cons

Lack of clear career advancement, every project must be done "yesterday", high level of secrecy among C-level to mid level managers, no communicated vision for department, HR department is disengaged on employee issues and slow to react to issue reporting

Advice to Management

Please stop cherry picking favorites for special projects and take the time to grow loyal employees

Jul 13, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Specialist II

Santander is always looking at ways to improve all facets of the company. We thank you for your review and appreciate your honesty.

"Money or Honor"

Current Employee - Funding Analyst in Mesa, AZ
    Current Employee - Funding Analyst in Mesa, AZ

I have been working at Santander Consumer USA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good pay and benefits. They offer extensive Overtime.

Cons

Mandatory Overtime and push to rush that leads to errors, which are fireable.

Advice to Management

Work life balance is important to keep employees on and skip the job fairs required to fill their positions.

"Company going down hill"

Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Santander Consumer USA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits are okay but are being taken away quickly.

Cons

Poor senior and executive management. Oblivious to things going on around them and only worried about the money in their pockets at the cost of employees.

Advice to Management

Quit so someone who cares can take over.

"Their change was for worse"

Former Employee - Senior Customer Service Specialist in North Richland Hills, TX

I worked at Santander Consumer USA full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

When I first started working at scusa it was amazing growing fast in the company because of me and not who I knew then all of these changes came in.. They started cutting back on expenses and I understand it's totally normal but when the company starts making excuses to let you go because you make too much money compared to the new hires it's not fair.. And after working with them for 5yrs I got to see how everything was changing for the worst.. all of a sudden it did not matter how good her job was as one manager said to me while trying to get promoted into management "you must have your peers LIKE you in order to get promoted" in other words favoritism. The company does have really good events but they don't give their employees enough time to enjoy these events. I used to recommend people to come work for this company now I can say do not go to work for them they are not what they used to represent they have lost their integrity and Humanity and greed is what rules them.

Cons

Fake it till you make it customer service it is not genuine and when you are genuine and give out a hundred percent customer service you get in trouble because real customer service takes time and dedication to the customer they want you on a call and all fake call approximately within 3 minutes as calls per hour is one of their parts in rankings if you don't have calls per hour up there then you're kind of out of luck with the bonus now recently they did take calls per hour off but they still monitor that part second favoritism if you don't know the right person you will never get up to management third but not least as a customer service specialist you deal with many rules they have their own insurance repos titles reinstatements collections but customer service specialist handles everything and still not get paid enough and when the company thinks you get paid too much they'll let you go with really not good excuse

Advice to Management

I really don't have advice for management as it is not the manager's fault it's actually the company and a direction that they're going the company thinks it's doing everything for customer service now when you have call minor reviewing customer service and coal miner is a machine kind of like Siri there is no human in Siri I felt very robotic when trying to meet call minor standards you took away everything that customer service is really about not if I have to say anything to management it would be the favoritism about promoting the people because I was always bonusing I was doing great in the rankings there is no reason why I should happen let go other than making too much money but I stayed in one position for a very long time and requested to move up to management several times no write-ups no nothing it's just I didn't have that friendship with my avp's vp's manager Etc I don't think that was fair but still I love my coworkers and that's the only reason I miss working there

Jul 26, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Specialist II

Thank you for your review. We will take your advice into consideration as we move forward.