Santex Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 34 reviews

4.7
Santex Group CEO Juan Santiago
Juan Santiago

Feels real good being part of it...

I have been working at Santex Group full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Very nice company culture, which is a combined result of its Vision and the great people working there. Also, you will find highly skilled colleagues and seasoned developers.

Cons

Hard to find out but give me more time and maybe I can fill this out.

Advice to Management

It would be great to have a strategy against early turnover.

Great people but not the best experience

Former Employee - Account Manager in San Diego, CA

I worked at Santex Group full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

Great people work for this company. Some travel may be involved to Argentina. You will meet people from another culture who speak spanish.

Cons

The future of this company is unknown, it was in what seemed to be rapid growth but all of the sudden everything just fell apart. Many offices around Latin America were closed down and the 4 employees who worked in San Diego were downsized to 2. I left the company because I could not longer take it. After working so long there and putting up with the owner's disrespect I decided to leave. I don't say this as a disgruntled...

Advice to Management

The day you can learn to respect your employees and treat them as human beings maybe you can see your company grow as it was at one time but in the mean time people will continue to leave your company. There will always be some who will stay your attitude will scare most away.

Santex Group Response

November 26, 2013VP

Dear Former Employee, I decided to answer your post personally, as I see this is more of a “personal” message directed to me as the CEO of the company, than anything else. Why did you opt to post anonymously, we do not know, but certainly we respect it, just as much as your difference ...

Challenging, team oriented environment for high performers

I worked at Santex Group full-time

Pros

Basically if you come in with a very optimistic, hard working attitude you will have a great experience. The ability to excel is held by each individual and the work that is put in. The internal company culture is very strong, and built upon the idea of empowering each other.

Cons

It's important to arrive to the company with a fairly solid technical understanding of software and web apps. Not sure if that is a con necessarily, but something that is important for a new individual to be certain of.

Advice to Management

Same that would go with any company. Retaining knowledgeable senior employees is extremely important to maintain processes and provide ongoing professional interactions with clients.

Bright Future on the horizon

Current Employee -

I have been working at Santex Group full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

Great collaborative environment, no bureaucracy to speak of, you can have direct access to anyone in the company from top to bottom. Great opportunities to work with people located all throughout the world. Relaxed atmosphere and amazing smart and kind people. Organization has grown by leaps and bounds in the last few years.

Cons

Roles and responsibilities can get muddled and overlap. Communication can get convoluted at times and the telephone game might ensue.

Advice to Management

Keep clear lines of communication and better definition of responsibilities, otherwise keep up the good work.

5. Great opportunity for getting your foot into the web agency world, but limited opportunity for long term growth

Current Employee - Web Developer in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Santex Group

Pros

The atmosphere is very non-political and atypical of most corporate companies in the fact that employees are treated as equals without the 'big wig' corporate heads putting their feet up on the desk.

Cons

The long term career opportunity is limited due to the fact that salaries top out at a very low range compared to similar companies. Nobody every made anywhere near a 6 figure salary at this company that I know of, and unless you were part owner it would never happen.

Advice to Management

Take more time in the hiring process to choose employees that may require a higher salary, but will do a better job and stay with the company for a long term. No employee of the company currently has been employed with Santex longer than 5 years. This is a company that is over a decade old.

6. Great environment and people, with interesting projects

Current Employee - UI Developer in Córdoba

I have been working at Santex Group full-time for more than 20 years

Pros

People are nice and excellent professionals. It's a flat company, there are salary revisions every six months. The offices are in the main area of the city.

Cons

Some days, offices are a little overcrowded.

7. Awesome place to work!

Current Employee - Front End Developer in Córdoba

I have been working at Santex Group full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

- High-quality, dynamic, agile processes - Competitive salary (compared to other local companies) - Goal oriented - Flexible regarding the time range for working - WFH allowed - Cool working environment - Kind coworkers - Room for self-growing in terms of opportunities and training - Cool vacation policy

Cons

- A limited amount of "first-class" projects and clients. - Not a lot of room to learn a specific tech if it doesn't fall into the company's business scope.

8. It's a great place to work

I have been working at Santex Group

Pros

Good building, good work team, many benefits and great employee policies

Cons

Maybe a lot of heat in the back side of the office...

9. Santex is a beautiful team

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Córdoba

I worked at Santex Group full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

You are able to grow professionally and as a person. Knowledge is shared. Every team member empowers other team members.

Cons

Most of the salaries are local.

10. QA

Former Employee - QA Analyst in Córdoba

I worked at Santex Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Benefits, flexibility, community, people, managers

Cons

Infrastructure, capacitations, equipment, kitchen, bathrooms

Found 34 reviews