Santex Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.5
Juan Santiago

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Feels real good being part of it..."

I have been working at Santex Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very nice company culture, which is a combined result of its Vision and the great people working there. Also, you will find highly skilled colleagues and seasoned developers.

Cons

Hard to find out but give me more time and maybe I can fill this out.

Advice to Management

It would be great to have a strategy against early turnover.

"Great people but not the best experience"

Former Employee - Account Manager in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Account Manager in San Diego, CA

I worked at Santex Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great people work for this company. Some travel may be involved to Argentina. You will meet people from another culture who speak spanish.

Cons

The future of this company is unknown, it was in what seemed to be rapid growth but all of the sudden everything just fell apart. Many offices around Latin America were closed down and the 4 employees who worked in San Diego were downsized to 2. I left the company because I could not longer take it. After working so long there and putting up with the owner's disrespect I decided to leave. I don't say this as a disgruntled employee but to warn those who don't really know about this company. Management has repeatedly talked to the owner regarding his temper and attitude toward his employees but he is the owner and felt he was entitled to mistreat his employees. If something goes wrong, the owner will find someone to blame. As long as if you don't deal much with the owner you will be ok but when you have to deal with him make sure you walk on water otherwise you will hear yelling and even some cursing. I've seen many great people come and go. Employees from Spain, partners from Brazil, Germany, Peru all have left the company many even told the owner they were leaving because how he treated them.

Advice to Management

The day you can learn to respect your employees and treat them as human beings maybe you can see your company grow as it was at one time but in the mean time people will continue to leave your company. There will always be some who will stay your attitude will scare most away.

Santex Group Response

Nov 26, 2013 – VP

Dear Former Employee,

I decided to answer your post personally, as I see this is more of a “personal” message directed to me as the CEO of the company, than anything else. Why did you opt to post... More

"Challenging, team oriented environment for high performers"

I worked at Santex Group full-time

Pros

Basically if you come in with a very optimistic, hard working attitude you will have a great experience. The ability to excel is held by each individual and the work that is put in. The internal company culture is very strong, and built upon the idea of empowering each other.

Cons

It's important to arrive to the company with a fairly solid technical understanding of software and web apps. Not sure if that is a con necessarily, but something that is important for a new individual to be certain of.

Advice to Management

Same that would go with any company. Retaining knowledgeable senior employees is extremely important to maintain processes and provide ongoing professional interactions with clients.

"Bright Future on the horizon"

I have been working at Santex Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great collaborative environment, no bureaucracy to speak of, you can have direct access to anyone in the company from top to bottom. Great opportunities to work with people located all throughout the world. Relaxed atmosphere and amazing smart and kind people. Organization has grown by leaps and bounds in the last few years.

Cons

Roles and responsibilities can get muddled and overlap. Communication can get convoluted at times and the telephone game might ensue.

Advice to Management

Keep clear lines of communication and better definition of responsibilities, otherwise keep up the good work.

5. "Great opportunity for getting your foot into the web agency world, but limited opportunity for long term growth"

Current Employee - Web Developer in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Web Developer in San Diego, CA

Pros

The atmosphere is very non-political and atypical of most corporate companies in the fact that employees are treated as equals without the 'big wig' corporate heads putting their feet up on the desk.

Cons

The long term career opportunity is limited due to the fact that salaries top out at a very low range compared to similar companies. Nobody every made anywhere near a 6 figure salary at this company that I know of, and unless you were part owner it would never happen.

Advice to Management

Take more time in the hiring process to choose employees that may require a higher salary, but will do a better job and stay with the company for a long term. No employee of the company currently has been employed with Santex longer than 5 years. This is a company that is over a decade old.

6. "Flexibility and have your voice heard"

Current Employee - QA Analyst in Córdoba (Argentina)
    Current Employee - QA Analyst in Córdoba (Argentina)

I have been working at Santex Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working hours are really flexible if you do your work properly and in time, there's no one breathing in your neck. WFH and from anywhere in the world is possible! And lastly, the people that makes your daily routine a "no-routine" at all they are all there to help you in anything you may need, professionally and personally too.

Cons

Nothing I can think off right now

7. "iOS Developer"

Former Employee - IOS Developer in Lima, Lima Region (Peru)
    Former Employee - IOS Developer in Lima, Lima Region (Peru)

I worked at Santex Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Amazing People
    Always ready to help and understand our professional and personal situations.
    They care too much about their personal.
    Working at a co-working space really helps, always meeting new people full of ideas
    Direct communication with the CEO on a monthly basis.

Cons

Is scary to thing that the location you are working may disappear one day.

Advice to Management

Incentivate internal projects as Santex products so we can feel that we are making the company bigger with our job, even if we are already assigned to a project the feeling of making something for ourselves and having Santex backing us up would be amazing.

8. "Full Stack Developer"

Current Employee - Full Stack Developer in Córdoba (Argentina)
    Current Employee - Full Stack Developer in Córdoba (Argentina)

I have been working at Santex Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good culture, flexibility, WFH, good hardware to work, salary above market

Cons

Can't think of any at the moment.

9. "Great opportunity for improving your hard and soft skills"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Córdoba (Argentina)
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Córdoba (Argentina)

I have been working at Santex Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I like a lot the company culture and its working policies, that I found it very flexible. Also at Santex you can find a lot of great people who have good both hard and soft skills. My co-workers made me feel like one of them since day one. I found every day here very exciting and challenging. You can learn a lot from your team members and all of them are very willing for transfering their knowledge. What I feel everyday is that if you have a good and hard working attitude you will have an opportunity to improve all your skills. Finally, I would like to say that you could always find a communication channel in order to express your ideas and opinions.

Cons

I haven't so much too say about this item.

Advice to Management

I think that is very important to make an effort in order to retain senior experienced employees.

10. "Agile Coach / Scrum Master"

Current Employee - Scrum Master in Córdoba (Argentina)
    Current Employee - Scrum Master in Córdoba (Argentina)

I have been working at Santex Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Things I like from santex are:

-A great Culture
    -Flexibility for you to organize things
    -Real Work from Home
    -Climate & Environment for working
    -Excellent people to learn from

Cons

Some projects depend too much on the client regarding good development practices.
    Some of those clients do not have great experience doing Software development ( that's why they hire the company in the first place)

Advice to Management

-Keep focus in your real asset, people