Sapient Global Markets Associate Reviews | Glassdoor

3.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Sapient Global Markets President & CEO Alan Herrick
Alan Herrick

Pros
  • Work life balance in most projects is good in sapient Global markets (in 44 reviews)

• Good Work culture and environment (in 55 reviews)

Cons

1. "Senior Associate QA L2"

Current Employee - Senior Associate QA L2 in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Associate QA L2 in New York, NY

I have been working at Sapient Global Markets full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Best Medical Plan and other benefits. Good HR policies, we call them People Success

Cons

If you are stuck in wrong project under wrong manager, they can make your life hell.

Advice to Management

Too much of freedom to Supervisors and they screw life of associates

"Dishonest company"

Former Employee - Senior Associate Business Consulting in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Associate Business Consulting in Houston, TX

I worked at Sapient Global Markets full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nothing comes to mind. As far as I recall, the company from heath and 401k stand point matches industry standard. However that happened only when it was bought out by Publicis ad agency. It does not provide any parking at its offices for its employees.

Cons

I have come across on multiple occasions dishonest and utter lies from the management, this has made me to write this review, for your own benefit please go through this.
    This review is to make job seekers aware what the company is, what it is doing and how it is try to achieve its objectives.
    About the company- The Company is an IT implementation consulting firm. IT IS NOT STRATEGY or OPERATIONS or MANGEMENT consulting firm. It has a Nitro group which is an advertising agency which is 80% of entire Sapient, Global Markets is remaining 20%. It peer group is low end IT consulting, I would rather go on to say its major business is IT staffing with clients or contractual labor. Many directors and VPs hide this fact during interviews and even go on to say that they compete with McKinsey, which is an outright lie. Publicis now the holding firm of Sapient, which is also an ad agency.
    What is does- The bulk of the company is in India, which primarily does the coding work. Here at client site there are Business Analysts (misnomer) in reality these folks communicate to India team what code to write. This is the famous outsourcing model, to keep costs low. There is no capability development or in house work, it’s all about billability with client. The company asks people to get relocated at absolutely random places or get laid off. The company doesn’t even have proper offices as all its employees are located at client site on contract basis.
    How it operates- It is amazing to see how the company lies. The company operates on project to project basis. If they have project, they hire if not they fire. Only the senior Directors and VPs keep their jobs. Senior Associates are the worst lot as they don’t have any cover. There is NO JOB STABILITY. The interviews are easy, they don’t even care who is a good fit, they just blindly hire when there is a project. They may even lure with steep salary hikes and starting bonuses to bring someone in. But laying off is equally easy as the project durations tend to be 1 year or less.
    There is no one to protect once you are on bench. Utilization is expected to be 80%. Internal business development is not counted as work. The company is very good at protecting and defending itself. The company has a big HR and brand marketing team to maintain its image. The company may be good for pure IT background people. People with any other background this is a very very bad choice. If you still intend to join make sure you ask for even steeper hike what the company offers, when they hire they easily give 20%, do not accept anything below 30%, but remember you may be asked to leave anytime.

Advice to Management

Why don't you accept that you are a staffing organisation. Just keep it simple, why do you want to claim big things about yourself when you cannot do anything worthwhile.

3. "Associate Business Consultant"

Current Employee - Associate Business Consultant in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Associate Business Consultant in Boston, MA

I have been working at Sapient Global Markets full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

really awesome culture, everyone so smart and constantly makes you think

Cons

client work can keep away from the office and culture for long periods of time

Advice to Management

projects should be more team based rather than one off ad-hoc roles

"I am developer. Got Offer. Attended client round. Client expect testing experience. Hence Sapient revoked offer."

Current Employee - Senior Associate Platform L1 in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Associate Platform L1 in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Sapient Global Markets full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flat organization structure. Good friendly people. Descent package. Good reputation with clients. GC processing may be, after you complete 3 months.

Cons

If you are not working for any client you will be fired immediately. There is no bench. Wrong promises. Hiring people before client interview and then firing them when client rejects.

Advice to Management

Do not recruit anyone before the client interview. Deliver what you promised.

6. "Interative Developer"

Current Employee - Associate Technology Level II in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Associate Technology Level II in Boston, MA

I have been working at Sapient Global Markets (More than a year)

Pros

Very Good work culture. Sapient encourages open culture. Everyone from associate to Director is approachable. Company policies are very good. Gives very good salary hike to experienced people.

Cons

Pay hike could be better for existing employees.

7. "Associate Technology L2"

Former Employee - Associate Technology L2 in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Associate Technology L2 in New York, NY

I worked at Sapient Global Markets full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Smart programmers and team
    - Lunch perks and catered events was a big bonus

Cons

- Lack of culture was frustrating since the DC office has a much better environment
    - Emphasis on positioning their donations and charities to appeal to banks or organizations that had similar investments really rubbed me the wrong way.

Advice to Management

Better transitioning between departments and projects would have been helpful for me as I was looking for other work to intrigue and excite me other than financial

8. "Sapient Global Markets"

Former Employee - Junior Associate in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Junior Associate in New York, NY

Pros

The culture was great and very laid back.

Cons

I didn't not experience anything negative.

9. "Good for workaholics"

Current Employee - Senior Associate Business Consulting in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Senior Associate Business Consulting in Boston, MA

I have been working at Sapient Global Markets full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Opportunities for learning
    Aggressive and spontaneous environment
    Travel Opportunities - domestic and international

Cons

Low Work Life balance
    Lot of office politics and favoritism at middle management

Advice to Management

Rethink the promotion criteria and enable growth at all levels

10. "Nothing good to share"

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Current Employee - Senior Associate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I have been working at Sapient Global Markets full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Technology wise great company to work.
    You will get opportunities to work with new technologies.

Cons

I admired my IBM manager for great soft skills but after i joined Sapient i failed to find any admiration like that. You have to cajole your manager to get things for yourself which I hated but this is norm when you works with Human beings.

Sapient has to go long miles to match with Company like IBM which is more than 100 years. People who are good very technically are bad in their soft skill.They are frightened to compose a mail. I found it absurd.

11. "Average company but good in ncr region"

Current Employee - Senior Associate Platform L2 in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Current Employee - Senior Associate Platform L2 in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I have been working at Sapient Global Markets full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good company culture and lots of projects. Good transport system . Good salary if you can negotiate. Almost all the project have work from home policy and if your project manager is cool no one else will check how much time you spend in office .

Cons

Totally driven by client . You will enjoy when on project but bad when on bench . No good system for onboard g people on bench . There might be opening but you would not be able to know .

Advice to Management

Nothing