Sapient Global Markets Reviews in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

3.7
Sapient Global Markets President & CEO Alan Herrick
Alan Herrick

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Sapient is good if you landed in a good project otherwise work-life balance is very poor (in 55 reviews)

• Good Work culture and environment (in 60 reviews)

Cons
  • I think in few project Sapient need to improve Work life balance (in 80 reviews)

• No work life balance, unrealistic goals push for late nights (or rather early mornings, 3 AMs), weekends etc (in 19 reviews)

1. "Senior Associate QA L2"

Current Employee - Senior Associate QA L2 in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Associate QA L2 in New York, NY

I have been working at Sapient Global Markets full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Best Medical Plan and other benefits. Good HR policies, we call them People Success

Cons

If you are stuck in wrong project under wrong manager, they can make your life hell.

Advice to Management

Too much of freedom to Supervisors and they screw life of associates

"Was a really good company once upon a time"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Sapient Global Markets full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Compensation is industry standard. There are still some great people left

Cons

Company is selling its soul to anyone willing to give them some money. No more big projects, everything is just staff aug

Advice to Management

Focus on business development
    Be honest with your employees

"Mgr"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Sapient Global Markets full-time

Pros

Folks are friendly, especially within their creative/experience design practice of their Nitro side but no so much from within the Global Market's Business Consulting type of resources.

At least a monthly happy hour drinks get together, sponsored by the company

Billable client projects, for the most part, are challenging and exciting enough to work on, if your role was to lead the project's work-stream efforts. If your role was not at least at the Mgr career-level and not as the project team lead, then you might be treated as merely production/contributor-level bodies

Cons

Directors, at least within the practice/team that I was working with/for, were not as up-to-date in their own skills set nor tools that the industry has been adopting.

Too much emphasis on pitching for proposals

Insufficient career growth potentials while they kept on hiring/bringing in new folks at the Director career-level roles instead of promoting those who have proven their work ethics and performance throughout their years of being loyal to the agency.

12 weeks of being "on the bench" without being staffed onto any actual billable client projects could ultimately spell being "lay off" from the agency, especially within the Global Markets.

Those so-called "Account Executives" do exactly what again?

The so-called "Directors" of certain practice only knows maybe one or two archaic tools to really be looked up to as thought-leaders within the practice...ridiculous

"Glass Half Full"

Current Employee - Manager TRM in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Manager TRM in New York, NY

I have been working at Sapient Global Markets full-time

Pros

For driven individuals, the proactive sensibility lends itself well to the Sapient structure. It is contingent on you to ensure that the roles that are presented align with your career objective; otherwise, you will follow more of a staff augmentation pathway.

Cons

Increased transparency is needed. The company can feel silo-ed without an overreaching way to communicate the account growth, achievements, and objectives in each geography and beyond each geo.

Advice to Management

Adhere to the core values in practice which means don't promote people that do not embody them.

"Associate Technology L2"

Former Employee - Associate Technology L2 in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Associate Technology L2 in New York, NY

I worked at Sapient Global Markets full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Smart programmers and team
    - Lunch perks and catered events was a big bonus

Cons

- Lack of culture was frustrating since the DC office has a much better environment
    - Emphasis on positioning their donations and charities to appeal to banks or organizations that had similar investments really rubbed me the wrong way.

Advice to Management

Better transitioning between departments and projects would have been helpful for me as I was looking for other work to intrigue and excite me other than financial

6. "Junior Technology Associate"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in New York, NY
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in New York, NY

I worked at Sapient Global Markets as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Fun culture that encourages collaboration.Good Life work balance. A lot of room to grow and learn throughout the company. Sapient has a very good technological reputation and leverages this with many of its clients.

Cons

Managers could have been more respectful to employees.. Company's business plan is to outsource to India and this limits ability to get technical support timely. It is very difficult to get a start there as company only cares about employees being billable

Advice to Management

Need more structure.. At times managers were overbooked and took it out on others. Human resources was extremely disorganized and it was a huge hassle to get basic things done.

7. "Sapient Global Markets"

Former Employee - Junior Associate in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Junior Associate in New York, NY

Pros

The culture was great and very laid back.

Cons

I didn't not experience anything negative.

8. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Director in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Director in New York, NY

Pros

Smart folks, lots of opportunities to learn and grow

Cons

Compensation can be better to attract talent

"Great Company with Startup DNA"

Current Employee - Senior Manager, Program Management in Jersey City, NJ
    Current Employee - Senior Manager, Program Management in Jersey City, NJ

I have been working at Sapient Global Markets full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Spectrum of work is amazing. You tend to get into something you never thought will be part of your carrier but it end up enriching you as person and professional

Cons

Should know Who's Who... Else, you should be good enough for Who's who take notice of you. Else. ........ ..

""Got lost in the cracks""

Former Employee - Interactive Developer in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Interactive Developer in New York, NY

I worked at Sapient Global Markets (Less than a year)

Pros

Had a lot of cool events (team building, holidays, just for fun, etc). Had a lot of training available.

Cons

Sapient preaches about their core values when you're hired but I saw very little of them once I started working apart from client delivery. Upper management staffs projects without actually knowing or asking about their employees skills, over promises deliveries, and has a general lack of organization and management.

Having been a campus hire right out of college we were sent to India for 3 months as soon as we started which was a whole unorganized fiasco on it's own (that everyone in the company acknowledges but will do nothing about). Then I sat on the bench for 4 months when first hired before getting a project to even shadow and never met the manager who was in charge of me as he was located in a different state. Then requested a different one and it never got changed.

Sapient is suppose to be an environment for openness and helping their employees but I was ignored every time I tried to address these issues and ultimately ended up leaving because of it.

Advice to Management

Don't ship your new hires off to a foreign country for 3 months where they are given a terrible first impression of their employer. Also don't forget about them when they come back and tell them they "fell in between the cracks" as an excuse.