Sapient Global Markets Reviews in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

4.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Sapient Global Markets President & CEO Alan Herrick
Alan Herrick

Pros
  • Work life balance in most projects is good in sapient Global markets (in 41 reviews)

• Good Work culture and environment (in 53 reviews)

Cons
  • I think in few project Sapient need to improve Work life balance (in 74 reviews)

• long working hours, too many meetings (in 17 reviews)

1. "Senior Associate QA L2"

Current Employee - Senior Associate QA L2 in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Associate QA L2 in New York, NY

I have been working at Sapient Global Markets full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Best Medical Plan and other benefits. Good HR policies, we call them People Success

Cons

If you are stuck in wrong project under wrong manager, they can make your life hell.

Advice to Management

Too much of freedom to Supervisors and they screw life of associates

"Glass Half Full"

Current Employee - Manager TRM in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Manager TRM in New York, NY

I have been working at Sapient Global Markets full-time

Pros

For driven individuals, the proactive sensibility lends itself well to the Sapient structure. It is contingent on you to ensure that the roles that are presented align with your career objective; otherwise, you will follow more of a staff augmentation pathway.

Cons

Increased transparency is needed. The company can feel silo-ed without an overreaching way to communicate the account growth, achievements, and objectives in each geography and beyond each geo.

Advice to Management

Adhere to the core values in practice which means don't promote people that do not embody them.

3. "Associate Technology L2"

Former Employee - Associate Technology L2 in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Associate Technology L2 in New York, NY

I worked at Sapient Global Markets full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Smart programmers and team
    - Lunch perks and catered events was a big bonus

Cons

- Lack of culture was frustrating since the DC office has a much better environment
    - Emphasis on positioning their donations and charities to appeal to banks or organizations that had similar investments really rubbed me the wrong way.

Advice to Management

Better transitioning between departments and projects would have been helpful for me as I was looking for other work to intrigue and excite me other than financial

5. "Junior Technology Associate"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in New York, NY
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in New York, NY

I worked at Sapient Global Markets as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Fun culture that encourages collaboration.Good Life work balance. A lot of room to grow and learn throughout the company. Sapient has a very good technological reputation and leverages this with many of its clients.

Cons

Managers could have been more respectful to employees.. Company's business plan is to outsource to India and this limits ability to get technical support timely. It is very difficult to get a start there as company only cares about employees being billable

Advice to Management

Need more structure.. At times managers were overbooked and took it out on others. Human resources was extremely disorganized and it was a huge hassle to get basic things done.

6. "Sapient Global Markets"

Former Employee - Junior Associate in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Junior Associate in New York, NY

Pros

The culture was great and very laid back.

Cons

I didn't not experience anything negative.

7. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Director in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Director in New York, NY

Pros

Smart folks, lots of opportunities to learn and grow

Cons

Compensation can be better to attract talent

"Great Company with Startup DNA"

Current Employee - Senior Manager, Program Management in Jersey City, NJ
    Current Employee - Senior Manager, Program Management in Jersey City, NJ

I have been working at Sapient Global Markets full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Spectrum of work is amazing. You tend to get into something you never thought will be part of your carrier but it end up enriching you as person and professional

Cons

Should know Who's Who... Else, you should be good enough for Who's who take notice of you. Else. ........ ..

""Got lost in the cracks""

Former Employee - Interactive Developer in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Interactive Developer in New York, NY

I worked at Sapient Global Markets (Less than a year)

Pros

Had a lot of cool events (team building, holidays, just for fun, etc). Had a lot of training available.

Cons

Sapient preaches about their core values when you're hired but I saw very little of them once I started working apart from client delivery. Upper management staffs projects without actually knowing or asking about their employees skills, over promises deliveries, and has a general lack of organization and management.

Having been a campus hire right out of college we were sent to India for 3 months as soon as we started which was a whole unorganized fiasco on it's own (that everyone in the company acknowledges but will do nothing about). Then I sat on the bench for 4 months when first hired before getting a project to even shadow and never met the manager who was in charge of me as he was located in a different state. Then requested a different one and it never got changed.

Sapient is suppose to be an environment for openness and helping their employees but I was ignored every time I tried to address these issues and ultimately ended up leaving because of it.

Advice to Management

Don't ship your new hires off to a foreign country for 3 months where they are given a terrible first impression of their employer. Also don't forget about them when they come back and tell them they "fell in between the cracks" as an excuse.

"It is a business and YOU are the commodity"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Sapient Global Markets full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

As long as you can stay billable, it is a decent place to work. Most of the people that I encountered were easy to get on with and mostly cooperative in nature. The internal training is pretty good. Expense processing is a bit of a nightmare. Your overall employment experience will depend upon who your direct superiors end up being. My superiors were not very helpful at all. They wanted me to generate lots of billable hours as well as manage quite a bit of internal responsibility but did very little to enable that.

Cons

The thing to remember, no matter what company you are working for, is that companies, for the most part, exist to make money. To the extent that you enable that and generate more value than your cost to the company, you will be fairly successful. With a consulting company, you are only as valuable as the last project that you worked on or the last sale you made. That is the best case. The worst case is that you are only as valuable as the hours you billed last week. In spite of their PR to the contrary, Sapient is no different than any other consulting company in this respect. Their HR department is called "People Success" but don't let that misguide you. HR is and always will be in existence to minimize company exposure to liability while maximizing value extracted from people on the payroll. The language used at Sapient is mostly lip service.

Advice to Management

It would be great if you could walk your talk, or at the very least change your talk to more match your walk. Don't give people illusions about their value to the company. Give it to them straight at the very beginning. "You need to be constantly selling yourself and stay billable." It's pretty simple to do.

"sapient is not for everyone"

Current Employee - Senior Manager, Business Consulting in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Manager, Business Consulting in New York, NY

I have been working at Sapient Global Markets full-time (More than a year)

Pros

learning opportunities,smart people with industry experiences, potential for diverse client projects, competitive base salary

Cons

long hours, too much travel, biding time on the bench, arrogant client executives, too much emphasis on getting billed, projects not always a good match