Sapphire Digital Manager Reviews | Glassdoor

4.7
Sapphire Digital CEO Heyward Donigan
Heyward Donigan
  1. Featured Review

"Incredible Energy and Excellent Mission"

I have been working at Sapphire Digital full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Sapphire Digital is awesome! The employees who work there are tenacious, driven, smart and have a lot of energy! The technology and services have differentiated us in the marketplace. Love being here. Especially love the perks, including the gym membership, massages, social time, All Employee Meetings offsite, and fun events. My teammates are great!

Cons

Growth mode means no 401k match yet. Other benefits are great.

Advice to Management

Keep on communicating! Love the employee survey and the transparency in the PULSE meetings. CEO is inspiring - keep up the great work!

Sapphire Digital2019-03-08

"Finally a healthcare technology company that genuinely cares about customers and employees success!"

Current Employee - Program Manager in Lyndhurst, NJ

I have been working at Sapphire Digital full-time for more than a year

Pros

Innovative work culture, compassionate leadership, realistic goal driven, fantastic benefits, customer and employee centric.

Cons

Too few of full time, remote, and work from home positions for an IT company.

Sapphire Digital2019-05-22

"Vitals - a cool place to be"

Current Employee - Release Manager in Lyndhurst, NJ

I have been working at Sapphire Digital full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Flexible organization still maintaining that "start up" feel

Cons

Rapid paced changing priorities

Advice to Management

Implement and Enterprise wide project portfolio for better organizational visibility

Sapphire Digital2017-06-30

"Manager"

Current Employee - Manager in Lyndhurst, NJ

I have been working at Sapphire Digital for less than a year

Pros

After a long period of indecision we are in a better place than when I started. New Mission, Vision and Values, which are key to the success of a company. New office, big improvement. I believe that Sr. Mgt. is working on getting it right. It is a work in progress.

Cons

The word silo comes up, and though I see it, I believe that mgt. is working on a resolve. Time to stop sr. management positions and focus on promoting within. Career development, and training. Would like to see a 401K match, think it will come in due time. I knew it was a start up when I started, so I've been patient with the change.

Advice to Management

Keep the teams updated regularly, and clear concise messaging. Hold team meetings by department to include everyone at every level. All people are here for the greater good of the company, and that is for Vitals to thrive! I'm onboard and excited by our product, and the changes to come.

Sapphire Digital2016-03-07

"Manager"

I have been working at Sapphire Digital full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Free snacks and drinks, gym membership, great to work with except upper management. Nice office space. Flexible hours and work from home.

Cons

The entire upper management. They seem to have this mentality of just hiring within their own circle of retired friends. Instead of promoting from within. None of them have a clue how to manage a software company. All they care about is themselves. Not a care about the people that actually do the work to move the company forward. There's no loyalty and you have to constantly watch your back because sooner or later they...

Advice to Management

Fire all upper management and hire a more technical knowledgeable young open minded minds.

Sapphire Digital2015-09-23

"Awesome people, bad management"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Lyndhurst, NJ

I have been working at Sapphire Digital full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great working environment, Free Gym, Stock Option is a plus. People are really nice and friendly.

Cons

Management doesn't know what they want to do. They run around in circles from meeting to meeting expecting you to do something. But it's impossible to work when your always in a meeting. Always biting too much than they can swallow. If there was better leadership this place will sky rocket.

Advice to Management

Focus more on developing people and leading them instead of focusing so much on the money. Add Value to people and they will add value to the company which is much more greater than the money you will ever have.

Sapphire Digital2015-03-10

"Product Managemetn"

Current Employee - Product Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Sapphire Digital full-time for less than a year

Pros

Open office environment in heart of SoHo

Cons

Long hours - everyone works long because others are just 'there' Management seems to have anterior motives solely focused on how to get sales/clients and an easy way to exit Not a clear roadmap and thus priorities shift as do timelines which cases rework

Advice to Management

Train better and have a clearly defined roadmap and expectations

Sapphire Digital2014-09-05
  8. "Vitals.com"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Lyndhurst, NJ

I have been working at Sapphire Digital

Pros

Great small company - start up atmosphere with a great work mentality. Room for advancement with this up and coming doctor review website.

Cons

Outside of New York City so the reverse commute is rough. Offices are positioned in a commercial park in the Meadowlands.

Advice to Management

Try not to focus on too many projects/side companies and devote time and effort to seeing Vitals.com succeed. Great opportunity to grow!

Sapphire Digital2010-06-21

"Good people, but poor structure and disrespectful management."

Current Employee - Manager in

I have been working at Sapphire Digital

Pros

Social atmosphere Interesting culture Decent website concept Startup "feel"

Cons

Management hires young to take advantage of inexperience Employees encouraged to believe they are going to get "rich" from M/A Management is disrespectful and disgruntled No clear business plan Relies heavily on investment money and is controlled by an unseen board Much of the talent has left for other opportunities Poor morale

Advice to Management

Define roles, up quality control - reduce number of staff Weed out the bad management, keep and reward the good Ask employees for opinion of each manager and structure accordingly Acquire new talent and replace problem employees Keep side work separate from the Vitals.com website

Sapphire Digital2011-07-01