Sapphire Digital Reviews | Glassdoor

3.4
Sapphire Digital CEO Heyward Donigan
Heyward Donigan
  1. Featured Review

"Incredible Energy and Excellent Mission"

Current Employee - Manager in Lyndhurst, NJ

I have been working at Sapphire Digital full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Sapphire Digital is awesome! The employees who work there are tenacious, driven, smart and have a lot of energy! The technology and services have differentiated us in the marketplace. Love being here. Especially love the perks, including the gym membership, massages, social time, All Employee Meetings offsite, and fun events. My teammates are great!

Cons

Growth mode means no 401k match yet. Other benefits are great.

Advice to Management

Keep on communicating! Love the employee survey and the transparency in the PULSE meetings. CEO is inspiring - keep up the great work!

Sapphire Digital2019-03-08
  2. "LOVE my job!!!"

Current Employee - Personal Assistant in Bedford, TX

I have been working at Sapphire Digital full-time for more than a year

Pros

Not a stressful job at all! Always a positive & warm atmosphere! Family-like teams/coworkers!

Cons

Not too many areas for promotion being that we are a small office

Sapphire Digital2019-05-28
  3. "Doomed"

Former Employee - Software Engineer

I worked at Sapphire Digital full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Wonderful co-workers, humane attitude to work/life. I enjoyed the day-to-day very much, and miss my team.

Cons

Sapphire has too many layers of hierarchy and an entrenched system of silos. Everyone is well aware that the way work happens is not effective enough to allow the company to succeed, but the executive group is unwilling or unable to bust the silos and reorganize the people around delivering value rather than functional areas. Work moves slowly, and planning horizons are cripplingly long, because the company is not optimized...

Advice to Management

Stop trying to run this company like a huge enterprise. Bust up the hierarchy and silos. You're supposedly into lean thinking; put all your attention into eliminating wasteful queues and rework cycles. The value stream goes all the way from sales to QA and ops; how can you get all those people and skills into harmony? It's not by shuffling functional groups among middle/upper managers.

Sapphire Digital2019-06-14
  4. "Great company, great mission"

Current Employee - Personal Assistant in Bedford, NH

I have been working at Sapphire Digital full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people are what make this company. Sapphire Digital has a very positive culture, and everyone seems to enjoy their work. Salary is decent. Great work-life balance. They get the whole company together once a year in NJ for company updates, team-building and socializing. Gym reimbursement is nice. As a whole, the company cares about their employees and regularly polls them to make sure we're staying engaged. I love...

Cons

Different departments within the company don't always communicate as well as they should.

Sapphire Digital2019-05-30
  5. "Finally a healthcare technology company that genuinely cares about customers and employees success!"

Current Employee - Program Manager in Lyndhurst, NJ

I have been working at Sapphire Digital full-time for more than a year

Pros

Innovative work culture, compassionate leadership, realistic goal driven, fantastic benefits, customer and employee centric.

Cons

Too few of full time, remote, and work from home positions for an IT company.

Sapphire Digital2019-05-22
  6. "Working with People that care .."

I have been working at Sapphire Digital full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great mission, making a difference in the health care industry Great colleagues, working in a very collaborative environment Flexible schedule and a generous PTO policy Working with smart teams that challenge your intellect and encourage innovation.

Cons

none that I can think of

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work and inspiring us to think outside the box

Sapphire Digital2019-05-21
  7. "Purpose Driven Mission and Excellent Colleagues"

I have been working at Sapphire Digital full-time for less than a year

Pros

The mission of the company is unlike any other company I've worked for. Disrupting healthcare and empowering consumers to shop for their procedures is what makes this company a truly purpose driven organization. That being said the people I get to work with everyday are the biggest pros about working at Sapphire Digital. The unlimited PTO, yoga classes, free snacks are great too.

Cons

What a lot of people have already mentioned already which is lack of 401K and the medical benefits. HR is already aware of this though and is working on finding ways to make the benefits better.

Sapphire Digital2019-05-20

"You'll regret ever working here.."

I worked at Sapphire Digital full-time

Pros

Unlimited PTO, free snacks, a few really intelligent people there

Cons

Everything about this company is a "con". Upper management is running this company into the ground. They're bleeding money and rather spend it on useless perks like a game room instead of getting better benefits or a 401k match. No one knows what the future holds and majority of staff is feeling unmotivated.

Advice to Management

Get rid of everyone in the C-Suite. They're ruining the company.

Sapphire Digital2019-05-17
  9. "Run and don't look back"

I have been working at Sapphire Digital full-time

Pros

Unlimited PTO but good luck taking time off since you will have too much work on your plate to take a day off. Some flexibility to work remote in some areas of company.

Cons

Upper management is unapproachable and not willing to improve the culture. No 401K match, no raises, health insurance coverage is terrible and very expensive. Promotions are given unfairly and employees are taken advantage of. Hard to achieve bonus program.

Advice to Management

Stop working in solos and collaborate across the organization. The customer needs to come first and not ourselves. Only a few internal teams are thinking about the customer. Start to be transparent in your decisions and future plan of the company.

Sapphire Digital2019-05-15

"Eh.. Ok I guess."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lyndhurst, NJ

I have been working at Sapphire Digital full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

snacks, drinks, coffee, PTO, Working remotely/from home

Cons

Working from home and PTO depend heavily on which department you work in, so don't get too excited. They made a game room and are making a quiet lounge area, so you can work even more hours and feel like you don't need to ever go home! Upper management is clueless, out of touch. The CEO talks about her 'golfing handicap' as if people are really concerned about it too.. We're concerned about our health, finances,...

Advice to Management

Pay attention to each department, you're gonna lose good people.. even though the company already has.

Sapphire Digital2019-03-04