Sapphire Digital Reviews | Glassdoor

Sapphire Digital Reviews

Updated 26 Jul 2019

3.2
Sapphire Digital CEO Kyle Raffaniello (no image)
Kyle Raffaniello

"Great times at Vitals"

Software Engineer

I have been working at Sapphire Digital

Pros

Relaxed, inspiring, and happy people.

Cons

Meetings and communication would be better.

Sapphire Digital2016-07-20

"Smartest people dedicated to a singular, and lofty, mission!"

Current Employee - Sales in Lyndhurst, NJ

I have been working at Sapphire Digital full-time for less than a year

Pros

Dedication to mission with the lofty goal of enabling EVERYONE to shop for healthcare like an expert, strong financial backing, crazy bright talent, great leadership, great mix of industry expertise (technology, engineering, healthcare, data management and digital), strong competitive position

Cons

Vitals is in a very typical stage of culture conflict (startup to rapid growth), and all of the challenges that come with that. With a steep growth trajectory ahead, this is also a very common stage to be dealing with the push and pull of "earnings vs growth investment".

Advice to Management

The best companies manage to continue innovating despite the competing priority of massive market interest in today's solutions. Don't lose sight of the need to stay ahead of the market.

Sapphire Digital2016-03-19
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

"Positive transition for amazing opportunity"

I have been working at Sapphire Digital full-time for more than a year

Pros

Vitals has made meaningful adjustments over the last year as it has evolved its business strategy and execution plan. Like any early stage, high growth software company, change is inevitable and we have that going on here. What's unique and different however, is the thoughtful approach the executive team has taken to engage its staff and its markets to inform how Vitals will change. Since arriving in late 2014,... its been increasingly clear how unique this company's opportunity is and how well positioned it is to succeed. Vitals has work to do, but is solidly moving in the right direction and with a culture that empowers its people to make a difference.

Cons

Vitals is growing fast which necessitates more change to improve and scale its business model. That type of environment may not work for all people, but I would also suggest that those people are better off in blue-chip software companies.

Advice to Management

Keep progressing on narrowing the focus on priorities. Good work has been done, more work to do.

Sapphire Digital2016-02-29

"Wonderdful experience to date"

Contract Staffing

I have been working at Sapphire Digital

Pros

Contract staffing for Vitals. Wonderfully communicative, excellent HR department, dedicated and focused. A company that is focused on attracting the best talent to deliver quality products to their customers. Everyone i've encountered truly cares...

Cons

nothing as of yet... All businesses have challenges, but i don't categorize that as a 'con'

Sapphire Digital2015-09-18
  6. "Analyst"

I worked at Sapphire Digital

Pros

Nice people and environment, great learning experience

Cons

Can't think of anything bad

Sapphire Digital2015-06-25

"Exciting Company"

I have been working at Sapphire Digital for less than a year

Pros

This is an exciting place to work. There are a lot of smart people working here. It is growing at a fast pace has a product that the market likes.

Cons

None that I would like to share at this time.

Sapphire Digital2015-05-21
  8. "An absolutely great place to work"

I have been working at Sapphire Digital full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Vitals has been my favorite place work. Management takes the time to recognise contribution and talent. They pay fair salaries. 98% of the people I work with are always friendly and very professional. Working during normal hours and not overworking yourself is always encouraged. Management conducts a town hall style meeting once a month to bring everyone up to date with how the company is doing and to get feedback... from employees. The CEO is very competent and cares greatly about the company and it's employees.

Cons

Project management could use some TLC. There are always several projects in development on different schedules and requiring varying resources. I believe it's too much for one, or even two people to manage. This can make for a very stressful environment, especially during project planning meetings. Resources feel a bit misappropriated.

Advice to Management

Maybe consider hiring additional project managers to help with the high project loads as of late. People who can really focus on individual projects and the needs within. Other than that, keep being awesome.

Sapphire Digital2014-08-16
  9. "Great place"

I have been working at Sapphire Digital full-time

Pros

The people are great, the projects are challenging. Good processing. Everyone is dedicated

Cons

I could see no cons so far

Sapphire Digital2014-05-08
  10. "Vitals.com"

Project Manager in Lyndhurst, NJ

I have been working at Sapphire Digital

Pros

Great small company - start up atmosphere with a great work mentality. Room for advancement with this up and coming doctor review website.

Cons

Outside of New York City so the reverse commute is rough. Offices are positioned in a commercial park in the Meadowlands.

Advice to Management

Try not to focus on too many projects/side companies and devote time and effort to seeing Vitals.com succeed. Great opportunity to grow!

Sapphire Digital2010-06-21
  11. "Great company, great mission"

Current Employee - Personal Assistant in Bedford, NH

I have been working at Sapphire Digital full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people are what make this company. Sapphire Digital has a very positive culture, and everyone seems to enjoy their work. Salary is decent. Great work-life balance. They get the whole company together once a year in NJ for company updates, team-building and socializing. Gym reimbursement is nice. As a whole, the company cares about their employees and regularly polls them to make sure we're staying engaged. I... love the company's mission and I'm proud to work here.

Cons

Different departments within the company don't always communicate as well as they should.

Sapphire Digital2019-05-30