Sapphire Digital Reviews | Glassdoor

Sapphire Digital Reviews

Updated Jul 26, 2019

Found 81 reviews

3.2
Sapphire Digital CEO Kyle Raffaniello (no image)
Kyle Raffaniello
  1. "Purpose Driven Mission and Excellent Colleagues"

I have been working at Sapphire Digital full-time for less than a year

Pros

The mission of the company is unlike any other company I've worked for. Disrupting healthcare and empowering consumers to shop for their procedures is what makes this company a truly purpose driven organization. That being said the people I get to work with everyday are the biggest pros about working at Sapphire Digital. The unlimited PTO, yoga classes, free snacks are great too.

Cons

What a lot of people have already mentioned already which is lack of 401K and the medical benefits. HR is already aware of this though and is working on finding ways to make the benefits better.

Sapphire Digital2019-05-20
  2. "Vitals"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Lyndhurst, NJ

I worked at Sapphire Digital full-time

Pros

Flexible work/life balance, nice office

Cons

Changing company from media to SaaS, different leadership, poor communication

Sapphire Digital2019-01-28

"Excellent culture"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Lyndhurst, NJ

I have been working at Sapphire Digital full-time for more than a year

Pros

Vitals is committed to their employees. The engineers are well respected by the executive team. Teams are distributed and effective--wide array of languages and tooling. Engineers can look forward to an extremely generous PTO policy. Nobody is micromanaging you at Vitals. There is freedom to explore new technology while expecting to uphold best practices during development. The executive team is composed of... veterans very adept at navigating the complexities of healthcare.

Cons

Complex codebase can make onboarding challenging for new engineers as well as difficult to untangle and improve.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

Sapphire Digital2017-11-14
  4. "Good Company"

Current Employee - Sales in Lyndhurst, NJ

I have been working at Sapphire Digital full-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible hours and nice environment to work

Cons

No 401k match and not much in terms of benefits

Sapphire Digital2017-11-06

"Current Employee"

Current Employee - Director of IT and Security

I have been working at Sapphire Digital full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Innovative, fast paced company that gives employees a chance to work with new technologies. Vitals empowers employees to make a difference and encourages creativity and 'out of the box' thinking. If you're the type of individual that enjoys taking on challenges and wants to help in creating a culture collaboration and communication. Vitals is the place for you.

Cons

The challenges that Vitals face is no different than any organization growing at a rapid pace. Sometimes things and staff are taken for granted. Leaders need to know when to take the foot of the pedal and allow for one to take a breath. The management staff needs to demonstrate by example. There are still many entrenched silos that block collaboration and productivity.

Advice to Management

Promoting internally for senior management positions will demonstrate confidence in current staff and maintain continuity within the company.

Sapphire Digital2017-06-19

"Great to their engineers"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in New York, NY

I have been working at Sapphire Digital full-time for more than a year

Pros

Vitals doesn't micro-manage its engineers, trusts their judgment, gives them a good team setup and light-touch management to produce some really great results. Also, no big egos - everyone works well together. Unlimited vacation, flexible time-off policy, excellent work-life balance.

Cons

E-suite people are a bit out of touch with what everyone else is doing/saying/thinking. We only get a "Here's how our company's doing" meeting once every 4 months or so. Also no matching on 401k.

Advice to Management

Get us a match on our 401k's already. And let us know what's happening - we shouldn't have to wait till company gossip gets to us to know whether or not we're doing well.

Sapphire Digital2017-05-30

"Regional Account Executive"

I worked at Sapphire Digital full-time

Pros

The management is great! They give you a lot of autonomy to do your job.

Cons

The product development and sales teams seem like 2 separate companies at times.

Advice to Management

Put customers first.

Sapphire Digital2017-05-09

"Enjoy working at Vitals"

I have been working at Sapphire Digital full-time for less than a year

Pros

Decent amenities/perks - not top of the line but way better than companies I came from. Great work life balance and flexibility which I appreciate as a parent with kids. Energetic CEO who is passionate about our mission. Pretty exciting industry and opportunity to make a difference in healthcare in the U.S.

Cons

Hear a lot that sales are "coming soon" but mostly don't. Appears that some people take advantage of the system and there is some favoritism at the senior level. A lot of different locations makes communication challenging and inefficient. Not sure why we need so many offices.

Advice to Management

I'm pretty happy with the way things are going and where I'm at. Would be nice to have a 401k match!

Sapphire Digital2016-05-20

"Nice place to work, esp. as an engineer"

Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at Sapphire Digital full-time for less than a year

Pros

Coworkers are smart, talented people who are really dedicated to working as a team. Engineering team can work from home or the office, option of NY office or NJ office, and lots of small things like bean bag chairs and snacks are nice. Agile working environment means good organization and planning. Most teams collaborate well with each other, and leadership is competent and moving us in the right direction, I think.

Cons

The higher-ups seem kind of out of touch with their employees. Yes, they show up to bowling night, but their big exciting announcements always seem to be about what they're doing and not what we're doing. No 401k match, which is a major bummer. Hiring in leadership positions always seems to come from outside, rather than within.

Advice to Management

Get working on 401k match, and add some time for Q&A to pulse meetings. Talking with > talking at.

Sapphire Digital2016-04-08

"Manager"

Manager in Lyndhurst, NJ

I have been working at Sapphire Digital for less than a year

Pros

After a long period of indecision we are in a better place than when I started. New Mission, Vision and Values, which are key to the success of a company. New office, big improvement. I believe that Sr. Mgt. is working on getting it right. It is a work in progress.

Cons

The word silo comes up, and though I see it, I believe that mgt. is working on a resolve. Time to stop sr. management positions and focus on promoting within. Career development, and training. Would like to see a 401K match, think it will come in due time. I knew it was a start up when I started, so I've been patient with the change.

Advice to Management

Keep the teams updated regularly, and clear concise messaging. Hold team meetings by department to include everyone at every level. All people are here for the greater good of the company, and that is for Vitals to thrive! I'm onboard and excited by our product, and the changes to come.

Sapphire Digital2016-03-07