Sapphire Digital Reviews | Glassdoor

Sapphire Digital Reviews

Updated Jul 26, 2019

3.2
Sapphire Digital CEO Kyle Raffaniello (no image)
Kyle Raffaniello

"Proud to Work at Vitals"

in Lyndhurst, NJ

I have been working at Sapphire Digital for more than 10 years

Pros

Vitals is an organization where everyone’s contribution is valued, no one gets lost in the shuffle here. There are many terrific leaders and managers that are committed to the company and the people that work for them. My manager and coworkers are dedicated professionals that are supportive and fun! Through the years, I have had the opportunity to learn and better myself professionally. Employees are given... lots of freedom to maintain work/life balance. Vitals actively supports its employees well-being by paying for gym membership and yoga classes.

Cons

Frequent reorganization makes employees uneasy. Workload doesn't seem equal across the company.

Advice to Management

Cultivate the company and explain the long term vision so we understand the big picture.

Sapphire Digital2016-02-27

"A Nice Place to Work"

Current Employee - New Jersey in Lyndhurst, NJ

I have been working at Sapphire Digital full-time for more than a year

Pros

Very casual environment and has a good work life balance. Everyone is friendly, not a lot of drama exists as with other companies. I have learned a great deal as an employee. When asked for more challenges they have given them to me. I am always learning. It is a good midsize company to build your resume. Once a month we are informed on how the company is doing which makes me feel apart of a team. Free gym... membership and snacks is a plus.

Cons

Would like to see upper management present in the office more. I think that would be motivational.

Advice to Management

It would be beneficial for more internal promotion. It would be nice to see your colleagues move up and the company to acknowledge it. It happens, but not as much as it should.

Sapphire Digital2016-02-25

"I like coming to work"

in Lyndhurst, NJ

I have been working at Sapphire Digital

Pros

Most of the people are really nice here and create a positive environment. I never get bored here, always something new going on. For some people it may be a negative, but it's a big positive for me. The new space in NJ is really nice and a huge improvement from the old set-up. I get a lot of autonomy in what I do and feel that my opinion and suggestions are taken into consideration and always addressed. And unlike... someone mentioned in an earlier comment, I'm not from HR and giving the company a good rating.

Cons

Along with never being bored, there is definitely some uncertainty with some of the changes taking place. I think the change is going into the right direction, but it's taking some time. Some of the company communication is not too clear and causes confusion sometimes.

Advice to Management

To pay closer attention to information going out to the whole company and to make sure it provides more clarity rather than added confusion.

Sapphire Digital2015-09-02

"Positive Growth Potential"

I have been working at Sapphire Digital full-time for more than a year

Pros

- I believe in the product (and path the product is going) and thus the market potential for huge growth. Because of that, I see a bright future for Vitals as a whole. - Gym membership, and flexibility with schedule and working from home. - One of the first things the new executives did was align the entire company to a vision and mission. Absolutely needed as we were scattered and not focused. - People in... general are friendly and want to help - Management in my experience has been supportive with an open door policy

Cons

- Transitioning from startup to a more organized, process filled structure is difficult. Until we get there, there's a lot of questions to be answered, and things to be figured out. - Lots of changes (which I think are good), but listing as a con here because people in general have problem with any change. - Disorganized to a degree. Hoping that we reach a point where we get "settled in" and processes are in... place. - Minimal training provided. Left to figure it out yourself. - Product quality isn't there yet.

Advice to Management

- Follow through with your plan with honesty and integrity. It's ridiculous to think that new management would come in and NOT make any changes. - Treat your employees as real people and not numbers that can be subtracted from a spreadsheet. - Spot the brown nosers. Promote/reward those through real metrics; not because they are good at kissing arse. Eliminate office politics.

Sapphire Digital2015-08-14

"Review for Vitals"

I worked at Sapphire Digital

Pros

good people to work for, good culture, relaxed environment, people care about the company executive staff very committed. All in all looks like the company is there to stay and has future potential to grow

Cons

disorganized. My qa director was not professional at all. although the rest of the company was great all the way up to the ceo. but they need to improve on organizational policies, more structure etc

Sapphire Digital2015-07-23
  6. "A Good Startup Company To Work For!"

I worked at Sapphire Digital

Pros

Work-Life Balance, Casual Environment, and most of all the People I worked with.

Cons

Many changes since my departure. New CEO, hired from bottom-up instead of top-down. Completely lacked direction in terms of segmenting departments, roles and appreciation. Don't expect annual salary raises or review (even if it is in writing). At one point the entire company's cohesion was great, but lack of appreciation led to many of the talented employees to leave. CTO lacks any management ability and plays the... blame game on other departments

Advice to Management

Appreciate talent when you have it, even if it costs money because good talent is hard to find. People once lived and breathed Vitals, that mantra has completely disappeared. The startup atmosphere has diminished and current employees have been shuffled all over. Founders have left.

Sapphire Digital2015-03-20
  7. "overall happy with my job"

I have been working at Sapphire Digital

Pros

great company to work for with great people

Cons

disorganized and needs help with client management

Sapphire Digital2014-10-23

"Room to be Creative"

Current Employee - Social Media Coordinator in New York, NY

I have been working at Sapphire Digital full-time for less than a year

Pros

Treated like a valuable employee. People trust me to test new methods without judgement. Beautiful NYC office. Startup feel. CEO is very available, will sit down to talk. HR is on top of things.

Cons

Traveling to New Jersey for the monthly staff meeting can be a pain if you don't have a car.

Advice to Management

It would be nice to have more internal lunches, like a monthly pizza party in the conference room. NYC office should have a comped gym like the NJ office does (I know that is probably cost prohibitive, but still... a gym would be great).

Sapphire Digital2014-06-21
  9. "Very Good but also very hectic!"

I worked at Sapphire Digital full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good pay, good people, and a fully stocked kitchen with plenty of snacks and drinks

Cons

Hectic work, every project is very last minute, most things are done rushed and need to be completed quickly.

Sapphire Digital2017-09-01

"Company seems lost"

I have been working at Sapphire Digital

Pros

Good work life balance.

Cons

Little opportunity for growth

Sapphire Digital2016-09-02