Sapphire Digital "no 401k match" Reviews | Glassdoor

Sapphire Digital Employee Reviews about "no 401k match"

Updated Jun 14, 2019

Found 81 reviews

3.3
Sapphire Digital CEO Heyward Donigan
Heyward Donigan
Pros
Cons
  • "No 401K match, no raises, health insurance coverage is terrible and very expensive(in 7 reviews)

• "Upper management is clueless, out of touch(in 7 reviews)

Reviews about "no 401k match"

Return to all Reviews
  1. Featured Review

"Incredible Energy and Excellent Mission"

Current Employee - Manager in Lyndhurst, NJ

I have been working at Sapphire Digital full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Sapphire Digital is awesome! The employees who work there are tenacious, driven, smart and have a lot of energy! The technology and services have differentiated us in the marketplace. Love being here. Especially love the perks, including the gym membership, massages, social time, All Employee Meetings offsite, and fun events. My teammates are great!

Cons

Growth mode means no 401k match yet. Other benefits are great.

Advice to Management

Keep on communicating! Love the employee survey and the transparency in the PULSE meetings. CEO is inspiring - keep up the great work!

Sapphire Digital2019-03-08

"You'll regret ever working here.."

I worked at Sapphire Digital full-time

Pros

Unlimited PTO, free snacks, a few really intelligent people there

Cons

Everything about this company is a "con". Upper management is running this company into the ground. They're bleeding money and rather spend it on useless perks like a game room instead of getting better benefits or a 401k match. No one knows what the future holds and majority of staff is feeling unmotivated.

Advice to Management

Get rid of everyone in the C-Suite. They're ruining the company.

Sapphire Digital2019-05-17

"Run and don't look back"

I have been working at Sapphire Digital full-time

Pros

Unlimited PTO but good luck taking time off since you will have too much work on your plate to take a day off. Some flexibility to work remote in some areas of company.

Cons

Upper management is unapproachable and not willing to improve the culture. No 401K match, no raises, health insurance coverage is terrible and very expensive. Promotions are given unfairly and employees are taken advantage of. Hard to achieve bonus program.

Advice to Management

Stop working in solos and collaborate across the organization. The customer needs to come first and not ourselves. Only a few internal teams are thinking about the customer. Start to be transparent in your decisions and future plan of the company.

Sapphire Digital2019-05-15

"Glad I Left"

I worked at Sapphire Digital

Pros

There werent many at all. Snacks (and not healthy ones) Time off. Most people nice in my location, not NY, or NJ.

Cons

No 401k match, health benefits high, coverage bad. Management top heavy, HR and CEO disconnected. No trust. Turned into political Game of Thrones.

Advice to Management

Concentrate on the producers mid and low level. They are the ones in the trenches getting it done. Let HR, CFO, CEO know that no one cares about snacks, and chair massages, cakes to celebrate and balloons. Waste of $. Bonuses and raises, along with the co. making money is what makes employees happy. And everyone should get stock.

Sapphire Digital2017-12-31
  5. "Good Company"

Current Employee - Sales in Lyndhurst, NJ

I have been working at Sapphire Digital full-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible hours and nice environment to work

Cons

No 401k match and not much in terms of benefits

Sapphire Digital2017-11-06

"Nice place to work, esp. as an engineer"

Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at Sapphire Digital full-time for less than a year

Pros

Coworkers are smart, talented people who are really dedicated to working as a team. Engineering team can work from home or the office, option of NY office or NJ office, and lots of small things like bean bag chairs and snacks are nice. Agile working environment means good organization and planning. Most teams collaborate well with each other, and leadership is competent and moving us in the right direction, I think.

Cons

The higher-ups seem kind of out of touch with their employees. Yes, they show up to bowling night, but their big exciting announcements always seem to be about what they're doing and not what we're doing. No 401k match, which is a major bummer. Hiring in leadership positions always seems to come from outside, rather than within.

Advice to Management

Get working on 401k match, and add some time for Q&A to pulse meetings. Talking with > talking at.

Sapphire Digital2016-04-08

"Manager"

Current Employee - Manager in Lyndhurst, NJ

I have been working at Sapphire Digital for less than a year

Pros

After a long period of indecision we are in a better place than when I started. New Mission, Vision and Values, which are key to the success of a company. New office, big improvement. I believe that Sr. Mgt. is working on getting it right. It is a work in progress.

Cons

The word silo comes up, and though I see it, I believe that mgt. is working on a resolve. Time to stop sr. management positions and focus on promoting within. Career development, and training. Would like to see a 401K match, think it will come in due time. I knew it was a start up when I started, so I've been patient with the change.

Advice to Management

Keep the teams updated regularly, and clear concise messaging. Hold team meetings by department to include everyone at every level. All people are here for the greater good of the company, and that is for Vitals to thrive! I'm onboard and excited by our product, and the changes to come.

Sapphire Digital2016-03-07