Sapphire Technologies Reviews | Glassdoor

2.7
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Sapphire Technologies President Robert M. Dickey
Robert M. Dickey

1. "It's all about the leader."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

I worked at Sapphire Technologies full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Current CEO hired me years ago when he was a branch manager. I stayed for 12 years mostly because him. Great leader, great person, became a great friend.

Cons

Staffing is a commodity business. It is extremely hard to differentiate yourself from your competitors.

2. "Great Company"

Former Employee - Office Manager/Executive Assistant in Vienna, VA
    Former Employee - Office Manager/Executive Assistant in Vienna, VA

I worked at Sapphire Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I really enjoyed the people I worked with and the work hard play harder attitude that people had. Definitely a work hard environment but still very fun and employees are given the opportunity to succeed if they so choose.

Cons

When I was there the Vienna, Va office had a lot of turn over with management which was difficult... The branch manager when I started was terrible but a new guy transferred from Richmond, and he was great...

"Pretty typical traditional staffing firm"

Former Employee - Business Development in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Business Development in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Sapphire Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Was a good first staffing job. The training by the manager was decent. The offices were great. The tech support guy was awesome.

Cons

unprofessional branch manager. too concerned with numbers and margins. And she played favorites in the office which caused animosity among employees.

Advice to Management

Understand what is going on better in the branches. Don't just be concerned with the numbers.

5. "Worse Placement Company I've ever dealt with"

Former Employee - Contrator in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Contrator in Denver, CO

Pros

They pay in US dollars, they found work somewhat in my skill set and that I was capable of doing.

Cons

Hired me and left me. Nobody was there when I started; three hours of sitting in a lobby. Once I was showed to a desk neither the person who showed or Sapphire every came by to see it. I was in the middle of production support. The recruiter who got me never came by once despite promises other wise, and in fact would come on site and not see how a new person was doing. When this lack of communication and bad work environment lead me to leave, I was threatened being told I would never get a job in Denver CO again. To this day they obstruct new jobs opportunities. I would never recommend this place. It's the worse working experience I've ever had.

Advice to Management

You need to train you recruiters. It was quite clear I was just dollar signs to the one that worked me with. No even fake care about me as person was every given.

"Only care about billable hours"

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Seattle, WA

Pros

very automated pay system. Pay is like clock work. Pay hits your account within 2 days of your timesheet submission.

Cons

I only hear from them once every three months to see how it is going. I have had several promises of "let us take you to lunch. etc....without follow through. The only thing they care about is whether you are billing or not.

Advice to Management

Review contractor turnover

7. "contract employees need info for growth opportunities"

Former Employee - Business Systems Analyst in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Business Systems Analyst in Washington, DC

Pros

Pay was good and on time.

Cons

No information, absolutely none. Treated as 2nd class and totally knew it.

Advice to Management

train the sub managers of each project to work with the people they hire as valued members NOT mushrooms.

8. "They could do much better."

Current Employee - IT Contractor in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - IT Contractor in Pittsburgh, PA

Pros

Healthcare almost immediately.
    Paid on a weekly basis consistently.
    401K eligible after 6 months.
    Selection of positions.

Cons

Salaries are below industry average.
    Dishonest Account Sales Representatives.
    No vacation or paid time off days.

Advice to Management

Are you so greedy that you can´t even give us days off or a fair wage?

9. "Unlimited potential for growth, management always seeking ways to make the company better"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Woburn, MA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Woburn, MA

Pros

Amazing people within the company, and the managers understand that it's the internal employees that make the engine roar. Positive energy. Trustworthy, honest people throughout the organization. Unlimited growth potential. fun place to work.

Cons

It can be a grind at times. You have to committ 2-3 years to really "get it" and master your role. But you get out of it what you put into it.

Advice to Management

Take a closer look at mid-level employee compensation. Comp package is very good for incoming new employees and excellent once you "make it" as a Top 20% performer. But there are some mid-level employees being lured out by competitors for $10-$20K annually that they would have made plus some if they stayed with Sapphire. Oddly enough, some of these people that left never do any better than they thought they would, and actually considered coming back. But I wish they hadn't left in the first place because they were great employees and people I became friends with.

10. "A great place to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Pros

Support of Upper Management
    committment to continuous improvement
    community and outreach involvement
    always looking for ways to improve the work and personal lives of it's employees
    Great opportunity for advancement for people that lead by example, share ideas in a constructive manner and continue to evolve as the company and industry evolves.

Cons

Adjusting from being a small company to a big company - there have been some speed bumps and will continue to have some but working through it
    The company is comitted to training and developing employees - looking forward to the company finding the right approach and programs for this type of sales environment. It's very encouraging to see the company's comittment and desire to succeed in this area.

11. "Great company, great people, hard to leave, learned a lot."

Former Employee - Senior Account Manager in Woburn, MA
    Former Employee - Senior Account Manager in Woburn, MA

Pros

Senior management is some of the best in the industry. Really know their stuff. They treat people right and want to help you succeed.

Cons

Training could be better, and the employee development (in terms of softer skills) has a ways to go, but this (and the parent company, Randstad), is a great company.

Advice to Management

Would like to see more dedication to developing employees and leaders, because it seemed that the managers consisted mostly of top salespeople, not necessarily individuals qualified to "lead" or even trained to manage adequately.