- Arts & Design
- Customer Services & Support
- Finance & Accounting
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Media & Communications
- Military & Protective Services
- Product & Project Management
- Research & Science
- Retail & Food Services
- Skilled Labor & Manufacturing
- Current Employees
- United States - All Cities
- - Florida
- - Sarasota, FL Area
- - Sarasota, FL
- - Palmetto, FL
- - Venice, FL
- - Texas
- - College Station, TX Area
- - Bryan, TX
Found 82 of over 89 reviews
- COVID-19 Related
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- Most Recent
- Oldest First
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
- "Pay is horrible but they can get away with it because it is seasonal" (in 5 reviews)
- "Expectations are high but effective, constructive leadership on a daily basis is missing and while accountability receives much lip service there is more of a tendency to find fault and assign blame than there is to work together to find solutions that are realistic and pragmatic." (in 3 reviews)
- "Salaries for librarians are not high enough for cost of living, flat structure makes moving up impossible unless you want to be a manager or admin." (in 3 reviews)
- "Low Salary was the only concern that I can think of" (in 3 reviews)
- Former Employee★★★★★Aug 12, 2022 - Data EntryRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
I am new to this
company should pay salaries at time for their employeers
Thank you for sharing your feedback and some time with us!
- Current Employee, more than 5 years★★★★★Nov 25, 2022 - Compliance SpecialistRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
The health insurance is great.
Teeny tiny raises. No incentive to stay in your position. They refuse to pay overtime, insist that you take comp time.Continue reading
Thank you for sharing your feedback and for dedicating your time to our community. As public servants we must be fiscal conservatives. I encourage you to connect with your HR Business Partner, or contact AskHR@scgov.net to discuss other career opportunities within the county.
- Current Employee, more than 10 years★★★★★Oct 26, 2022 - Manager II in North Sarasota, FLRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
A great place to work. Reliable income and benefits. Alot of approtunity if your a hard worker. Lots of self development approtunity.
Managers are salary so all the extra hours go unrewarded. If this was only 10 extra a week would be fine, alot of managers put in 20 to 30 a week easily to keep up and manage emergencys. Alot of turn over. Sarasota is a hot market and very expensive. The pay structure has not caught up. I feel that the tampa bay area is like California, but with lower taxes and wages.Continue reading
Thank you for your continued service to our community! We review and evaluate salaries and budget on a regular basis and continue to make slow and steady adjustments. Affordable housing is also top of mind and something we are continuing to monitor and look for solutions.
- Current Employee, more than 3 years★★★★★Nov 8, 2022 - Manager 2RecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Sarasota county has beautiful beaches and great weather for heat loving people.
Pay is not keeping up with cost of living, so in essence each year we are paid less. The county leadership does not show value for its employees and morale in most departments is pretty bad. Organizational culture is outdated, uninclusive, and cold.Continue reading
Thank you for sharing your feedback - we would like to learn more! Please reach out to your HR Business Partner, or AskHR@scgov.net to discuss in more detail. Our DE&I Workgroup is doing work to continue the culture of inclusiveness. We also continue to look at the cost of living and make steady adjustments.
- Former Employee★★★★★Oct 16, 2022 - Staff AccountantRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Good people To work with
TimeTo work with Time management
Thank you for sharing some time with us and our community!
- Former Employee★★★★★Aug 31, 2022 - BPI in Sarasota Springs, FLRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Good community and helpful people
Lower pay compared to private sector
Thank you for sharing your time with us and serving our community!
- Current Employee, more than 3 years★★★★★Aug 23, 2022 - Technical Specialist II in Sarasota, FLRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Benefits, time off, flexible work hours
Limited opportunity to move up. You will get promotions/title changes but day to day duties remain the same.
Thank you for your feedback! If you want to review growth opportunities, please reach out to your Human Resources Business Partner, or AskHR@scgov.net. Thanks!
- Former Employee, more than 8 years★★★★★Jul 10, 2022 - FirefighterRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Good equipment, nice stations, benefits are average, salary is ok.
Understaffed, especially Paramedics. County wants to treat us as other county employees instead of comparing us with other comparable fire depts.
Thank you for serving our community! We typically add 2 hiring classes per year to fill any open positions.
- Current Employee★★★★★May 21, 2022 - Operations Manager IRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Good benefits, great hours, great management.
Pay scale could be better.Continue reading
Thank you for your continued service to our community! We review and evaluate salaries and budget on a regular basis and continue to make slow and steady adjustments.
- Current Employee★★★★★May 31, 2022 - Program Coordinator in Sarasota, FLRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Insurance, PTO is decent after time
Low pay, no advancement, have to work in hurricane shelters
Thank you for sharing your feedback! While some positions do not have career tracks or opportunity for advancement, many employees will transfer internally to other divisions or departments. Yes, as public servants, we all have pre-, during, and post emergency roles to support our community though emergencies and many of the roles are working in emergency shelters.
Sarasota County Government Reviews FAQs
Sarasota County Government has an overall rating of 3.9 out of 5, based on over 89 reviews left anonymously by employees. 71% of employees would recommend working at Sarasota County Government to a friend and 66% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -3% over the last 12 months.
71% of Sarasota County Government employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Sarasota County Government 3.7 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.2 for culture and values and 3.6 for career opportunities.