Sartorius Reviews | Glassdoor

3.5
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Sartorius CEO & Chairman of the Board Joachim Kreuzburg
Joachim Kreuzburg

Pros
  • Great working environment, great management, and great training (in 10 reviews)

• Coworkers and upper management at Sartorius are great, the offices are nice, work life balance, flexible scheduling, benefits and PTO plans are good (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Really bad for business productivity and feeling appreciated for all the hard work you've done (in 3 reviews)

• A lot of manual processes, not keeping up with the growth, long lead-times and fighting customer's frustrations (in 3 reviews)

"Data Entry Processor"

I worked at Sartorius (Less than a year)

Pros

Enjoyed the work environment and the people in all of the departments. Everyone was so welcoming and positive (unfortunately besides my manager). This position is perfect to get some experience and start a career, since it is a well-established company. If I did not have to leave for school I would have stayed and maybe tried to switch departments since I found that data entry processing was not my passion.

Cons

At the time the manager of my department was intimidating, unfriendly and standoff-ish. Didn't feel comfortable approaching them with questions/concerns. Really bad for business productivity and feeling appreciated for all the hard work you've done. However, not too worry because I've heard that manager is no longer with the company due to multiple complaints.

Advice to Management

Hire managers who make you feel wanted and appreciated for all of your hard work!

2. "Sales Rep"

Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative

I worked at Sartorius full-time

Pros

Great benefits. Flexible work schedule. Good Salary. Coworkers are smart and helpful.

Cons

Numbers don't come regularly. No transparency. Commission structure changes yearly. Management changes often. Marketing team is a joke.

3. "Sales Manager"

Former Employee - Sales Manager
    Former Employee - Sales Manager

I worked at Sartorius full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Products are fantastic.
    Still some knowledgeable employees, but not for long if things don't improve.

Cons

Vision of company changes often.
    Decisions on US business made from Germany with no discussion with US employees.
    Upper management vastly under qualified.

Advice to Management

Do a better job of improving environment and treating employees with some respect.

5. "Eh"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bohemia, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bohemia, NY

I have been working at Sartorius full-time

Pros

This company is very giving during the holdaya giving us free movie gatherings like the bew Star Wars movies and having a Christmas party where they give away plane tickets and gift cards.

Cons

Some management does not enforce rules for certain employees (favoritism). Bonus's are given based on some subjects that the employee has no control over so they can make the excuse to not pay the full bonus. Hard work and dedication is not rewarded where it should be. Employees who don't care for the company and/or get by doing the bare minimum only "shine" when they know management is paying attention to make themselves look better.

Advice to Management

Need to enforce the rules to everyone better. For example if people are late everyday then write them up. We are here to do a job within a certain time frame. Why should they get to be late every day? Also, make sure you let your employees know they are appreciated and doing a good job every now and then. It helps people want to stay with the company longer and cut down on turnover rate.

6. "Continued Growth and Opportunities"

Pros

Sartorius is a fast growing bioprocessing equipment provider that supports the Biotech and Pharmaceutical Industries globally. It is a great place for career advancement and new opportunities as it continues to grow and evolve. The culture is loose and open and the products are well known and cutting edge. If you are looking for a career then I would highly recommend Sartorius be on your short list.

Cons

Currently in a growth phase especially in North America so typical growing pains (can also be a Pro). Global company with global issues but also a great learning experience.

Advice to Management

Keep making your employees and customers a priority and don't lose sight that they are our main growth drivers especially in North America.

"Growing Pains"

Current Employee - Sales in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales in New York, NY

Pros

Fast growing company the last 5 years and has added many positions. They promote within wherever possible and are focusing more on employee retention. Some jobs are very flexible and/or life-work balance friendly. Great product portfolio and some great technical people.

Cons

A lot of manual processes, not keeping up with the growth, long lead-times and fighting customer's frustrations. Often feel like things never get solved because it's put out one fire and move to the next.

Advice to Management

Focus on internal process improvements, manufacturing improvements and improving supplier relationships. Add more technical/service resources because many travel so much and they will burn out.

8. "Good company"

Pros

Good hours, friendly environment, flexible, good benefits, great President

Cons

Long to hire new managers, long temp to hire, not much else

9. "quality control inspector"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Concord, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Concord, CA

I worked at Sartorius (More than 5 years)

Pros

Company was very comfortable to work at.

Cons

Company moved out of the US north America.

10. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Huntington, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Huntington, NY

I have been working at Sartorius (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent collaborative and friendly culture with growth opportunities, and an exciting work environment!

Cons

I don't believe there are any.

11. "Meh"

I worked at Sartorius full-time

Pros

Learned a lot, good people

Cons

Terrible operations management resulting in unsustainable lead times