Sarut Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "A/P"

Former Employee - Anonymous in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous in New York, NY

I worked at Sarut Group part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The Owners are good and fair. wants to retain good talent.

Cons

No articulate work for staff.not very cooperative staff.

Advice to Management

They know their business

2. "Terrible Leadership"

I worked at Sarut Group full-time

Pros

They really do know how to hire young talent, all of whom end up taking better jobs elsewhere.

Cons

Typical entry level job with terrible benefits and little pay. Terrible leadership. The owners are self serving, manipulative, ill intentioned human beings. It's not a surprise the company has been cut in (less than) half. Give it up and move on.

DO NOT work here. You will 100% regret it.

Advice to Management

Know when to quit.

3. "Fun on the outside, sad on the inside"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Pros

Some of the products sold are fun and whimsical.

Cons

Disorganized, bad management. Disregard for their employees. Lack of vision.

Advice to Management

A company is made by its people. Management should lead by example they should motivate and inspire their employees rather than mistreating and micromanaging them.

"WORST COMPANY/JOB EVER! If I could give negative stars I WOULD"

Former Employee - Former Sales Associate in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Former Sales Associate in New York, NY

I worked at Sarut Group part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

HAH. YEAH RIGHT. NOTHING. You might as well go read the "positive" reviews that upper management writes themselves. PATHETIC.

Cons

EVERYTHING. Micromanaging, condescending upper management. Forced to talk to all customers, which created awkward situations and ran many overwhelmed customers out of the store. Said we'd lose our job if we didn't.

Advice to Management

Worry less about the all Black outfits you require us to wear and focus more on not scamming your customers with overpriced BS. Treat your employees and in store managers like actual people!

5. "A great learning experience"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

I worked at Sarut Group (More than a year)

Pros

I have always been enabled to try new ideas, trusted with creative freedom and given a great deal of responsibility. Working at such a small company truly feels like a family environment. Your longevity/loyalty is rewarded and hard work truly pays off. In addition, you get to learn many different aspects of the company.

Cons

Sometimes you may lack a clear direction, however if you work well independently it's a perfect fit. As with any small company you are given a great deal of responsibility however if you have good time management skills, you will succeed. If you don't like to work hard, this isn't the place for you.

Advice to Management

Always encourage employees who possess the best outlook/attitude. No matter what the situation these are the workers who will ultimately lead to the greatest success. Negative employees only pollute the work environment.

"Stay Away!!!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Pros

NONE! I wouldn't work for this company for a million dollars a year.

Cons

EVERYTHING! The owners micro manage everything, the buyers SUCK at picking product and then blame the store team for not being able to sell the crap. Its hard to sell crappy product which is why sales associates couldn't make sales. I consider myself a pretty good salesperson but after a while I gave up because I shouldn't have to lie when a customer asks me "is this product really good" The real issue was with the corporate team and the owners. They do not know how to run a business. Granted, it was retail and no one wants to work retail long term, but they did nothing to make the experience better. They threatened those they felt didn't do good enough, they never tried to set anyone up for success, they just hired people and if they weren't amazing after a month they looked for ways to fire you. They stressed out everyone in the store, which also made it hard for anyone to do their job, they don't pay people on time, they don't pay people what they're owed, and they are extremely racist. There were many times in which I was told to keep an eye on someone based on how they looked(mostly minorities). Anyone who has worked in retail for at least a year knows that you identify shoplifters based on suspicious behavior, not suspicious looks.

Advice to Management

Just close the place down. Do everyone else the favor. You aren't helping anyone by having stores open to torment and degrade humans at. Customers shouldn't be buying the terrible product you sell. Most of them return the stuff anyway. No one likes the store. No one comes back.

"Literally the worst time of my life"

I worked at Sarut Group full-time

Pros

I literally cannot think of any pros except for how dramatically my life improved after quitting my job with this company. This is the worst job experience I have ever had- so much so that it pains me to think of my time spent there. There is no way ANYONE can work here and (1) pay bills, (2) be happy, (3) have a life outside of work.

Cons

Horrible schedules, long and strenuous hours, you name it. AWFUL AWFUL pay- seriously worst paying company I have ever encountered. Not only are the store associates paid minimum wage but even store managers don't make enough to pay cheap rent in NYC. Everyone is treated like dirt!!! WORST COMPANY!!! The way they treat their employees is abusive and the working conditions are horrendous.

Advice to Management

I would honor the Sarut Group with a 0 star rating if that were an option.

8. "Ability to grow in a career I enjoy!"

I have been working at Sarut Group full-time

Pros

I enjoy my peers I work with, they are like family to me. I feel my opinion in this company is valued. I enjoy learning different aspects of the business.

Cons

Working with people who are only here for a paycheck and have no work ethic what so ever. They tend to bring the whole environment down.

"Horrendous company"

Current Employee - Keyholder in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Keyholder in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Sarut Group part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Easy hiring process, initially they make the company seem great

Cons

Micro-management from the retail director who is ALWAYS remotely located watching via web camera surveillance, She has a condescending attitude towards her employees, opportunity for growth is nil, there really is none despite what they have you believe. Product itself is overpriced junk. Extremely high turnover of employees, only negative reinforcement is employed by upper management. If you ever want to experience what a sloppily run company looks like, look no further. My experience working for this small business is absolutely a learning experience of the tell tale signs of a company that is horrible to work for.

Advice to Management

Stop submitting your own 5 star reviews! Focus on actually becoming something other than "a couple of stores" - that comes with changing your corporate culture. This would prevent you from your current woes of debt and lack of sales growth. This is a company that is hanging on by a thread. They've already had store closures.

"Owners do not respect their employees"

I have been working at Sarut Group full-time

Pros

A paycheck if you need it

Cons

Expect to work really long hours with very little pay, and to be treated like a stupid intern who should be grateful to be there. You also may be blamed for things your co-workers did, even though they don't report to you and report to the owners directly. Work here if you are desperate and keep looking for something else. It will be hard to interview though since the business is in the middle of no where and you are expected to never take a real lunch break

Advice to Management

Sell the business and retire.