Saucey Courier Reviews | Glassdoor

Courier

3.8
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Enjoyable part-time gig"

Current Employee - Courier in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Courier in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Saucey (Less than a year)

Pros

Recently increased order payouts, tips have gotten much better, flexible options to work pre-scheduled shifts or on the fly, regular release of updates and improvements, good dispatch team - you can actually reach a live person if you have an issue. It's actually fun delivering booze to the customers. :)

Cons

They still have some more to grow in certain zones.

Advice to Management

Open shop in more areas! (i.e. oakland, south SF, pasadena, orange county, etc)

2. "False income expectations"

Current Contractor - Courier in Plano, TX
    Current Contractor - Courier in Plano, TX

I have been working at Saucey as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible hours. You can choose from different areas to work in. Dispatch is very easy to work with.

Cons

Was lured in from a FB advertisement stating "Make up to $700 per week..... ". So I clicked on it to check it out. You then go to the website to schedule an orientation, and it gets even better. The website said "Make up to $1,000 per week". This sounds great! Flexible hours and locations, etc. and make up to $1,000 a week! Things in the orientation are explained in a way to make it sound as if you're going to make more than you really are. Long story short, I've worked in multiple areas, at all different times of day and night , and I rarely averaged more than 1 delivery an hour, if that. We are guaranteed $8/hr. Expect to make $8/hr. and no more other than a few tips here and there. I have worked over 40 hours in past weeks, only to bring home just over $300 per week. Extremely humiliating. Can't pay rent. Can't pay bills. Can't buy food. So you will literally have to work 100 hours a week to earn what they say. I'm sure if the moon and stars aligned and just a whole bunch of orders came through, you might be able to make a little more than the minimum. DO NOT MAKE THIS YOUR FULL TIME GIG UNLESS YOU HAVE OTHER INCOME!

Advice to Management

Explain it how it really is when people start. Pay is based on 2 deliveries an hour, but in reality, that isn't going to happen on any regular basis. So all the $.50 per item amounts only go in to fill the empty spaces in the time you don't have deliveries. I've even been picking up an order, and another order came through while I was at the store, and I wasn't the courier to receive the order. What?? It's my core block, and my zone. And it gets sent to another courier, while I'm standing right there??

3. "uber jr"

Current Contractor - Courier in San Francisco, CA
    Current Contractor - Courier in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Saucey as a contractor

Pros

tuesday payday, flexible hours, that is all

Cons

another company trying to get rich off the backs of poor people.

Advice to Management

advice to couriers: start a union
    or equivalent. stop working for crumbs
    these people don't care about your risks

4. "Good for extra money"

Current Contractor - Courier in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Contractor - Courier in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Saucey as a contractor

Pros

Make your own schedule, hourly minimum on slow shifts. Tips.

Cons

Shifts fill up quickly, usually within a few minutes of posting. Hard to get a response from support if it doesn't involve a customer related issue. Lack of information on some deliveries. Store locations don't always have Saucey supplies.

Advice to Management

Provide faster solutions for Sidekick issues and a contact phone number. Emails usually don't receive a response for days and there is no other way to contact. Make sure stores have tags and bags.

"Fun, well-structured on-demand delivery app"

Current Employee - Courier in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Courier in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Saucey part-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's a fun little part time job, when it's slow, you can relax a bit, which is a plus when you want to get other stuff done like homework, listen to music, etc. Also nice because the delivery radius is small so you're not driving from one end of the city to the next when it comes to pickup/delivery.

Dispatch is usually very prompt when it comes to any issues with delivery or customers which is nice compared to other on-demand apps where you can't get in contact with a live person when you need one.

Cons

Pay structure has decreased, before you could make minimum wage ($10/hr) PLUS commission + tips, but now if it's slow, you're only guaranteed minimum wage. Therefore you're going in hoping it's busy and that you'll make more than $40-$60 a shift.

Liquor partners have moved from local liquor stores in the heart of the area you'll be delivering to, to using chain liquor stores with early hours, and inconvenient locations. Depending on your location, hours, you'll now be hit with rush hour traffic getting into a part of town to delivery/return to be liquor store vs already being in that area because the liquor store was in a central location and stayed open later. Impacts how/what shifts you pick up.

Advice to Management

I'd definitely say go back to using the local liquor stores, in terms of delivery, as you can keep the delivery times shorter as you'll already be in the relative neighborhood, and you'll avoid traffic. Go back to the old pay structure or have more incentives to earn bonuses for couriers.

Verify with the customer before placing the order that their address is correct, there are times when you get to an address that doesn't exist or it's the wrong house and the customer isn't responding which is a huge waste of time/gas.

"Working for Saucey"

Current Freelancer - Courier in San Francisco, CA
    Current Freelancer - Courier in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Saucey (Less than a year)

Pros

The best part about working at Saucey the customers. I love delivering alcohol to customers. They usually are really excited to see you and the deliveries are not extremely hard to do.

Also when delivering you are usually within a 3 mile radius zone so you don't have to worry about driving 20 miles to make 6 bucks or something crazy like that. I found most of the customers tip cash and online.

Apps like Instacart, Doordash, Uber, Lyft usually suggest that you tip online only, charge customers busy pricing, squeeze out as much money from the customer as the possibly can and I found customers actually tip less when these types of things happen.

At Saucey the delivery fee is low, the delivery time is fast, you can delivery up to 5 deliveries within an hour, and I've made more money working for Saucey in one hour then I have working for any other app.

The management seems pretty cool as well. It's definitely a cool company to work part-time for and they seem to be growing.

The most I have made in 1 day working 10 hours was upwards of $300-$400 not too shabby.

Cons

The only con I have is this is mainly an evening and weekend gig, because people aren't drinking right when they wake up right? At least lets hope not.

Advice to Management

I would try to have the scheduling within the courier app.

"An over-all stupendous company."

Current Employee - FT Courier in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - FT Courier in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Saucey full-time

Pros

Flexible schedule, guarenteed hourly pay (unlike uber/post mates), communicative and friendly dispatch, professional staff, simple and efficient app technology. over all a super awesome company to work for!

Cons

This company has no cons in the year that I've worked for them. Straight A's in my book!

Advice to Management

Continue doing exactly what you're doing.