SavATree Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.5
Daniel Van Starrenburg

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Quite frankly, and perhaps it's the people I worked with and/or for, but I felt very comfortable and respected at Savatree (in 2 reviews)

• Able to work independently, Paid on Thursdays, Trucks & Equipment when they are new (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • Too many to list but mainly the overall attitude, culture and atmosphere of the company (in 3 reviews)

• s really the fault of upper management (in 4 reviews)

1. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Branch Leader in Warrenville, IL
    Current Employee - Branch Leader in Warrenville, IL

I have been working at SavATree full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

SavATree is a great company to work for. I started out as a GTC field member and joined SavATree through an acquisition. Since that time SavATree has given me the opportunity to grow from a climber to crew leader to operations manager and now branch leader. With the growth of this company I see a future full of opportunity.

Cons

Growth can be painful at times but I just always remember that is always for the good of the team. And the good will shine through if you are willing to look for it.

"Don't Bother Applying"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bedford Hills, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bedford Hills, NY

I worked at SavATree full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Health Insurance Period! Nothing Else!

Cons

there are so many i don't know where to begin! This company cares about one thing and one thing only, and that's lining their pockets! They do not care about employees at all. My entire stay at this company i feared for my job because they have unfair expectations. Because they prefer to spend as little as possible on staff they expect 3-4 people to be as productive as 6-7! That's just not possible for anyone. I was routinely asked to give more and than criticized by the higher ups. Speaking of the management, they are bunch of inept narcissist. I don't even know how this company got to be so big with such foolish leadership. These people treat everyone like they are expendable garbage to be thrown away on a whim! I was also promised to have the opportunity to grow and move up if i worked hard, WRONG! Once you are placed in a roll that is it for you. No matter what you do, you will never be given any recognition or reward for your hard work. What you will get is false hope, as the higher ups continue to give BS speeches about how they appreciate all that you do for them. If you want to feel small and insignificant and go nowhere in your career this is the place for you! If you are happy lining the pockets of the GREEDY owner and yourself being left to feel unappreciated this is the place for you! Go apply somewhere else, where your hard work and perseverance are rewarded! I urge all to stay away!

Advice to Management

Give a damn about the people who really make the company go! Don't make your hard working employees feel worthless! Make people feel appreciated, and guess what! They will work even harder!

"Stay away"

Current Employee - Office Manager in Bedford Hills, NY
    Current Employee - Office Manager in Bedford Hills, NY

I have been working at SavATree full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There is nothing I can say positive about this employer but I have to write twenty words, maybe the training is good but that's it

Cons

Horrible management, I am micromanaged more than I have ever been in my life. The expectations are unrealistic. They want to grow but they don't want to add staff to the area that need it. I work in constant fear of losing my job because the expectations are so unreasonable. The CEO treats employees like robots.

Advice to Management

If you want to expand add staff accordingly. Stop working on a skeleton crew. Treat your employees nicely.

4. "Challenging and rewarding"

I have been working at SavATree full-time

Pros

I've worked most of my career at Savatree and have been promoted to various roles in the company. My supervisors at Savatree throughout my career have pushed me hard to excel in each role and the constant challenges have allowed me to grow professionally. Hard work and success will be rewarded here.

Cons

Seasonality of the business requires long hours during the busy season.

"Terrible company to work for"

I worked at SavATree full-time

Pros

There are no pros i can come up with

Cons

This company is more concerned with making money and could really care less about their customers or employees. They take over tree companies and promise to keep current employees and then after a month they start to clean out the old and bring in the new. Horrible company to work for!

"Service Technician"

I have been working at SavATree full-time

Pros

If you can not let the fact that not everyone is treated equally and that if you have a conscience and do your job while others don't and get advancements then this job is for you.

Cons

Product gets stolen from your truck by other employees and nothing is done about it. Keep track of every hour you work because Management can go in and make changes to help them reach goals

Advice to Management

Pay closer attention to where your trucks are and where they are suppose to be. It is not uncommon for a truck to be at a non clients property performing services. Do a better job keeping track of inventory, if a branch had 1500 lbs of fert and grub product one month and then is gone the next without it being applied or transferred out, where did it go, hmmmm?

7. "Sales Arborist-Afton MN"

Current Employee - Sales Arborist in Afton, MN
    Current Employee - Sales Arborist in Afton, MN

I have been working at SavATree full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great team oriented atmosphere, Chris our district manager and Mike our operations manager have been wonderful. Always encouraging us, and pushing us to be better at what we do everyday. Safety culture is great, the crews and specialists really do take utmost pride in what they do everyday. Best group of people I have ever worked with, hands down.

Cons

None at this time.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work, would like to see a bit more training for some of our POS procedures on the tablets.

8. "SavATree"

I have been working at SavATree full-time

Pros

Sustainability, autonomy, teamwork.
    Friendly environment to work, the people are the best asset.
    Management is approachable. Always have the support of the CFO.

Cons

High volume and fast paced.

Advice to Management

Management should invest in options to become more streamlined.

"PHC / Lawn Techs Not Respected"

Former Employee - PHC Tech
    Former Employee - PHC Tech

I worked at SavATree full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Cons

Routing is a complete mess and is one of the biggest customer complaints & management ignores this problem. Opportunities for advancement are squashed if you are an excellent technician because they unable to replace you. You are promised a career path but they keep you in the tech role if you are good at it and promote others who aren't as good in the tech role to fill sales and management roles. Arborists are forced to sell services that aren't needed just to meet sales goals while the technicians are the point of contact for the customers. This makes it very hard to explain / justify what we are doing on their properties in person. There is no formal training program for new hires. Riding alongside a technician for 2 days is not sufficient training for the role and expectations. This definitely creates problems for customers. For the actions of few, the whole company gets punished by the implementation of GPS tracking systems in the trucks. This creates a sense of distrust amongst honest employees. There is no performance bonus structure for those that complete their routes and maintain a high bill rate per hour. Instead, they have a stupid attendance bonus - so basically you can show up, be sloppy, and work slow, drop jobs and be incentivized for just showing up. It's comparable to being awarded 400 points for inputting your name correctly on your SATs. The 401 K and benefit structure are a joke. $1000 match is not going to get you very far in retirement planning. The health insurance is a joke - minimal coverage and high premiums. They do not maintain their fleet vehicles - so unless you get a brand new truck, you are going to be stuck with a poorly functioning truck. Management's focus is just getting the routes done for billing rather than the quality and effectiveness of the solutions we provide to our customers.

Advice to Management

Stop acquiring new companies until you fix the current issues within the company, Have more home grown management / advancement opportunities, create a specified education & training program for new hires, provide continuing education for existing employees (not just a party once per year), incentivize those that complete their routes, work hard, and do a great job for the customers,

"don't believe everything you read"

I have been working at SavATree full-time

Pros

It has gotten so bad that now management is responding to reviews and writing their own good reviews. The people I work with are great. Good team work even though management will never recognize it. Location is good. What is hard to believe is the fact that there is no clock watching. They trust you to get your work done.

Cons

Micro management, can never retire on $1K per year 401K match. Owner keeps all of the profits. They don't clock watch and they don't provide enough help.

Advice to Management

Don't just respond on Glassdoor. Do something for real and show your employees that they matter.