Savantis Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated June 28, 2017

3.8
Allan Vanderheyden

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great company and I love the people!"

I have been working at Savantis Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's the smallest company I have ever worked for, but because of that, there is the least amount of bureaucracy that I've ever had to deal with. The management really trusts and relies on their employees for their recommendations, and I feel empowered to really make a difference for the company.

Cons

Because we are a small, growing company, there is plenty of work to do, but we could use more people on staff to do it. And it is sometimes frustrating when I want to get things done at a faster pace, but I am one person doing the work of a team of 3 or 4.

Advice to Management

Keep your eyes focused on the bigger picture.

2. "SAP Consultant"

Current Employee - SAP Consultant in Exton, PA
    Current Employee - SAP Consultant in Exton, PA

I have been working at Savantis Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Employees have the opportunity to develop various skills for future growth if they are willing to.
    Great interactive culture within organization.
    Efficient time management.

Cons

Outside world should look less challenging when you move out from Savantis.(not sure if this a pro or con but you will be under pressure to deliver as long as you are in Savantis).
    Compensation should be a bit less compared to the market but that is the trade off you should be willing to learn new skills and grow independently.

Advice to Management

Future looks bright.

3. "Good people"

I have been working at Savantis Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Diverse, highly experienced, entrepreneurial, fun group of people who continue to figure out how to make SAP work in the resource-constrained environment of their mid-sized customers, and do some pretty cutting edge stuff in the process.

Cons

SAP itself is not always optimized to deal with the small and mid-sized businesses that Savantis focuses on, though that is the largest growth opportunity for SAP.

Advice to Management

Keep at it!

"AE"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Savantis Group (Less than a year)

Pros

owner / founder seeking to sell

Cons

OK is this 5 words

"a company that has lost good people due to poor management and decisions"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Savantis Group (More than a year)

Pros

not sure if there was any pros other than some individual employees. Puzzles me how they were able to get loyal and hardworking employees

Cons

underpaid, did not care about employees, do anything to skimp on spending money

Advice to Management

you lost great people because of poor decisions and a poor management

"New Hires: Good career development but WEAK salary"

Current Employee - SAP Retail Trainee in Exton, PA
    Current Employee - SAP Retail Trainee in Exton, PA

I have been working at Savantis Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Lots of hands on SAP training to develop your SAP skills. Most firm will place you in a class to train your for 3 to 5 weeks on SAP and how to be a successful consultant. Savantis will get you on a project the day you start working.

Cons

HORRIBLE SALARY!!! You start with $10/hr then once you earn your SAP cert, it goes to $45k. They call it market price but all other firms that offers SAP services pay their college new hires at $55k. Only accept their offer if they are the SAP firm that gives you an offer and you can survive with $10/hr for the next 6 to 9 months

Advice to Management

Stop the annoying $10/hr starting salary and offer a higher salary that matches the other SAP firms. In this recession there are thousands skilled college graduates seeking an opportunity to launch their career in SAP. The most skilled graduates will accept the highest paid offer or the most famous consulting firms. The weak salary will cause Savantis to lose their star consultants and graduates with no talent and no leadership skills will end up taking the offer.

7. "Great Potential!"

I have been working at Savantis Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company has done the impossible, make SAP affordable to mid-sized organizations! Great product, people, management, and company culture. The SAP as a Service product is world class and a product you can really stand behind. The people are friendly and great to work with. Management is transparent and you get to work at your own tempo as long as the work gets done. Good work life balance, benefits, and fun company events such as sail boating and company retreats. This is a smaller company so a great advantage is having a more personal relationship with upper management and receiving training on the fly. I can easily walk into management's office and talk about anything. This is one of the best companies I have worked for and is really going places.

Cons

Smaller company so not much formal structure or robust systems in place. Really have to think outside of the box to get results. It is great to work with creative and intelligent people, but many great ideas do not come to fruition.

Advice to Management

Just a couple things:

1. SAP is simple and modern business processes are relatively easy to understand, but businesses we sell to are very complex with out dated systems and unique complexities. I suggest in-depth training classes geared towards understanding dated business processes or older IT infrastructures for sales team.
    2. Keep up the good work. I'm fascinated by the level of thought put behind our campaign strategies and synergy. When a good idea is executed it is followed through thoroughly.

8. "The little engine that could!"

I have been working at Savantis Group full-time

Pros

Best people in the world to work with, super exciting environment with unlimited potential for growth. Flexibility for family time, a family like atmosphere. No one has it out for anyone here. People are all smart, respectful and knowledgable.

Cons

The snack box they keep with abundantly stocked junk food for free tempts you more than the fresh fruit they make available too. Customer retention is a serious challenge here. The Sales process is cold call driven vs relationship driven and there are very few local customers in metro-philly where there are a dearth of SAP customers everywhere you look in the region. But Many of the Savantis customers are out of state which makes the relationship remote mostly and possibly much less warmer than it could be if it were local. You can't cold call valuable relationships into existence out of thin air.

9. "Small but growing SAP company"

I have been working at Savantis Group full-time

Pros

Small company that caters to SAP implementations for small to medium sized businesses. On the forefront of SAP technology and S/4aaS. Very friendly atmosphere.

Cons

Small company means lots of work and you are heavily scrutinized.