Savers Health and Beauty "savers" Reviews | Glassdoor

Savers Health and Beauty Employee Reviews about "savers"

Updated 26 Sep 2019

2.9
Savers Health and Beauty CEO Doug Winchester
Doug Winchester
Pros
  • "Good team members and manager, Superdrug discount card(in 11 reviews)

• "There are many good reason for me to work at Savers in Catford I have always had a nice ad happy welcoming, as soon as I step into the store(in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • "Favouritism is rife amongst area managers(in 14 reviews)

• "I can not think of any bad things to say about savers all I know is that if there is a situation I know it will be sorted straight away(in 11 reviews)

Reviews about "savers"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Meh."

Current Employee - Sales Assistant

I have been working at Savers Health and Beauty part-time

Pros

Hmmm.. this may take a while. I’ve met a nice manager and 2 nice assistant managers but the obsession with scs is extreme. What am i getting out of this? i do not know

Cons

Haven’t got superdrug discount, I have been bullied by an assistant manager for the past few days he has been covering my actual manager. He hasn’t bullied anyone else just been picking on me constantly especially about scs! Giving me £60 targets for an 4 hour shift and getting my face telling me i am not doing the scs properly and trying hard enough when i am asking every customer and trying my best but how can i... get people to buy £20 perfumes/tooth brush’s and £15 razors when they clearly are not interested in the products on “offer”. I understand active selling but if it’s like a pound chocolate bar or something like b&m/pound shop do. But come on! I am also the youngest in my team and i am being be littled even though i am the one covering shifts and doing extra ones since everyone who has been hired have children and are limited to their hours. I have been coming in at 6am too help open up the store and put out delivery and i’m getting talked about by staff members as “younger people can not handle retail” and cannot do the job. So.. yeah my first month at savers started off fun and good but after i am realising how much work i am putting in and how little i am getting out of it. I mean what am i getting out of scs? please someone tell me. The whole trips and bags etc are a con that we are told about at the interview, i was told this by a member of an different store. I am debating just leaving but i like my manager and i enjoy the job but this scs is a load of rubbish and just isn’t needed. I am there to do a job in retail not be a slave and bullied by older team members just because i am young.

Advice to Management

Get rid of scs and sort out your staff/assistant managers :))

Savers Health and Beauty2019-09-26
  2. "Was ok"

Former Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Downham Market, England

I worked at Savers Health and Beauty part-time for more than a year

Pros

Up to 30% discount and majority of staff was okay. Area manager Marcus hammil was great

Cons

SAS!! Annoying as hell ! Rude customers early starts. Minimum wage. Felt like slavers than savers. Bust you’re gut for nothing but a grilling in the office so glad I don’t work here no more I’m onto bigger and better. Minimal advances

Advice to Management

Stop with sas it’s boring and people get very aggressive towards staff

Savers Health and Beauty2019-04-09

"retail sales assistant"

I have been working at Savers Health and Beauty part-time

Pros

There are many good reason for me to work at Savers in Catford I have always had a nice ad happy welcoming, as soon as I step into the store.

Cons

I can not think of any bad things to say about savers all I know is that if there is a situation I know it will be sorted straight away.

Advice to Management

I have no advice for management the reason is because in my experience when I walk into the store I can see all the workers doing what they are meant to be doing so that is how I know the management is doing a really good job.

Savers Health and Beauty2018-10-09
  4. "Worst Company To Work For"

Former Contractor - Sales Assistant in Hull, England

I worked at Savers Health and Beauty for less than a year

Pros

No pros whatsoever as this company is the worst company to work for ever

Cons

1. was told off for something completely stupid and a young girl who works for the company has done all sorts like swearing on the shop floor whilst the shop is open, shouting at me whilst on the tills in front of customers and nothing has been done about her. 2. The management is a shambles they dont know what there staff are doing half the time and when i told the supervisor about the above young girl swearing... all he said was tell the manager when they are in again. 3. They expect you to force SAS onto customers even if they say no. 4. When your in red on SAS for more than a week you get in trouble but yet when management are in red nothing gets said. 5. The manager can be nice sometimes then she bites your head off the next Savers was voted one of the best companies to work for in 2018. Complete and utter rubbish, who ever voted for them must have worked for them with there eyes closed. Especially when your on the early shift in the morning at 8am on a sunday and the bus isnt due till ten minutes prior to that and when you explain to them they say leave earlier

Advice to Management

Lay off your staff a little bit even if they dont sell enough SAS as other members of staff. Also train your supervisors up better to deal with other members of staff and not tell them to inform the manager.

Savers Health and Beauty2018-11-10
  5. "Avoid avoid avoid !!!!!!"

Former Employee - Sales Advisor in Leyton, England

I worked at Savers Health and Beauty part-time for more than a year

Pros

I cant think of anything!

Cons

-Ridiculous Work hours -Terrible Management -NEVER expect to get paid for extra time -Management is only after the ridiculous SAS (Savers Active Sale), which you are NOT entitled to get commission!

Advice to Management

Sales Advisors should get commission for the ridiculous SAS!! If not, it should stop!

Savers Health and Beauty2018-03-22

"Supervisor"

Current Employee - Supervisor

I have been working at Savers Health and Beauty part-time for less than a year

Pros

There is very little if any pros to working at savers 30% off at Superdrug Longer breaks than other companies

Cons

Expected to work a lot of the time for free 10 hour shifts in which you only get paid for 8 hours of it Expected to go to call outs to the store in the middle of the night unpaid Expected to stay behind after the shop has shut for what could be hours unpaid Expected to stay longer than intended shift unpaid Have absolutely no trust in staff members ‘Unspoken’ rule of management not needing to take breaks... Next to no training

Savers Health and Beauty2018-01-01

"Good perks, poor worklife balance"

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in London, England

I worked at Savers Health and Beauty full-time for more than a year

Pros

Ok pay... For retail. Good team ethic across the company. Benefits better than most retail jobs. Stores or colleagues can win prizes over several categories. Chance of a bonus.

Cons

You really have to put Savers first. Having to work a lot of extra hours for free to a company that makes many millions in profits. Too great a workload compared to hours allocated to stores.

Advice to Management

Understand that you ask a lot more of your colleagues than most retailers. Work towards making colleagues lives easier and reduce workload. Not constantly add new things to do without increasing workload. Consider things slowly instead of kneejerk reactions which are poor in the long term.

Savers Health and Beauty2017-07-19
  8. "Apprenticeship"

I have been working at Savers Health and Beauty full-time for less than a year

Pros

Savers have helped me to improve how i interact with other people within the business as I now know how to reposnd to enquiries appropriately and my confidence has grown immensely

Cons

As an apprentice, you would expect to be offered loads of apportunities to learn and grow, yet i feel like i am just another employee who is given all of the leftover work that everyone else doesn't have time to do. i often feel overworked and underpaid for the role i am actually doing within Savers.

Advice to Management

Management should evaluate how apprenticeships actually work within the business and set the job role around the whole 'learning' aspect instead of expecting us to work as any other employee, just on a lower wage. I have to complete the apprenticeship booklets on top of everything, instead of them being entwined with my role. I would also recommend that 1 hour a week to do the booklets is definitely not enough time,... as i am often only given 6 week to complete 3-4 booklets (that's only 6 hours, where a college course offering the same/similar qualification allows you 6 weeks at 30+ hours a week)

Savers Health and Beauty2017-06-06
  9. "sales assitant trannie supervisoer"

Former Employee - Sales Assistant/Training Supervisor in Catford, England

I worked at Savers Health and Beauty full-time for more than a year

Pros

some of the best reasons to work at savers health and beauty is the friendly working enviroment everyone is like a family and work as part of a hard working team

Cons

compotion with rival stores like boots etc. shoplifters often target the store because savers do not have secruity instore

Advice to Management

give more people a chance even if theay have no previous exprience it could change there life for the best

Savers Health and Beauty2017-03-17
  10. "Loved this company! Baby came first."

Ast Manager in Reading, England

I worked at Savers Health and Beauty

Pros

Bonus..not hard to get if you manage your time and compliance. SaS prizes- huge TVs, one weeks wage for whole store team Star awards for anyone nominated at any level for good work Savers deals- lots of discounts from top company's like Apple. The people, great team, great area manager,

Cons

Hard work and long hours but I only worked about 43 ish as managed task and my own time and team planner. Heat in stores during summer Having to go on maternity leave.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing . Despite some comments on here the majority of us love you.

Savers Health and Beauty2016-08-10