KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 127 of over 129 reviews

4.5
Savvas Learning Company Chief Executive Officer Bethlam Forsa
Bethlam Forsa
Pros
  • "We kept good aspects of our Pearson experience, but have become a much stronger, efficient, and dynamic company as Savvas Learning Company(in 9 reviews)

• "I have worked at Savvas Learning Company for over 4 years now, having previously worked for a publishing vendor for about 10 years(in 7 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Nothing immediately comes to mind(in 5 reviews)

• "I'm sure Savvas has its own challenges, but clearly they don't let any cons directly affect the employees(in 4 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Teachers

Join the conversation on

Teachers

1y

a

West Virginia Elementary School Teacher

Who is taking the COVID-19 Shot? Do you think all teachers should?

2,871

959 Comments

Join the conversation on

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Savvas Learning Company and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Featured Review

Best place in 15 year career.

Nov 1, 2021 - Technical Product Manager in Chandler, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

After being a contractor as well as a full-time dev for many years, this is honestly the best place I have worked for. Not going to lie, I told my friend who is looking for a job and told him I am actually happy. Wierd to say. We are treated like adults, the teams are amazing to work with and are immensely helpful to new hires.

Cons

I really do not have any, maybe the documentation.

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Best company to work for hands down

Nov 18, 2021 - Director of Customer Success
      Business Outlook

Pros

Love this company - plenty of room for upward mobility. Great culture and awesome team!

Cons

COVID hit us hard and we had some downsizing.

Savvas Learning Company Response

Thanks for the review! And thanks for helping us make this a great company! If you have any further feedback to share, please email us at feedback@savvas.com.

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Challenging and Meaningful

Oct 27, 2021 - Technical Product Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Awesome products that make a difference in the lives of K-12 students and teachers Opportunities to work on areas of personal interest and new projects for personal and professional growth Work with great people who are dedicated to the mission Different projects require different organization, different approaches and different organization of work... keeps things interesting and provides opportunities to explore and grow. Company is constantly evolving and iterating towards better practices and processes

Cons

Company is constantly evolving and iterating towards better practices and processes. It takes effort to keep up with changes. You have to be ready willing and able to flex your plans and work patterns to align with change and uncertainty of what the next change will be.

Savvas Learning Company Response

Thank you for taking the time to write a Savvas review on Glassdoor. It is important to us to hear what we are doing well and how we could improve technology and tools. Feedback like yours helps us achieve our full potential.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee

Positive Place to Work and Grow

Nov 18, 2021 - Education Consultant in Cocoa Beach, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Savvas Learning Company offers its employees a work atmosphere that involves teamwork and collaboration. We are constantly striving to stay current in our field and we are dedicated to continual learning. Savvas Learning provides a sense of community and belonging.

Cons

During some months of the year, our work at Savvas Learning Company means we put in some long hours. Managers are aware of this and provide support.

Savvas Learning Company Response

Thanks for the review! And thanks for helping us make this a great company! We are happy to hear you feel supported by leadership. If you have any further feedback to share, please email us at feedback@savvas.com.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Great company with strong team and mission

Oct 27, 2021 - Vice President in Boston, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

We build software and content to help millions of children learn and grow to their fullest potential. What could be better than that? Our mission, combined with our breadth and reach, are among the most compelling reasons I love working at Savvas. We've got an amazing, talented team: a fun, hard-working, group that consistently delivers. We work on interesting technologies and are always looking to improve.

Cons

Our offices are currently closed due to the pandemic; wisely so for the health and safety of employees, but it will be nice when we can go back to the office at least some of the time.

Savvas Learning Company Response

Thank you for taking the time to write a Savvas review on Glassdoor. It is important to us to hear what we are doing well and are continually evaluating our return to office strategy, as employee safety comes first.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Growing Company without the growing pains

Nov 15, 2021 - Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fun atmosphere that allows you to challenge yourself. There are endless opportunities to develop your skills. Organization is focused on employee engagement and satisfaction.

Cons

None that I can think of.

Savvas Learning Company Response

Thanks for the review! And thanks for helping us make this a great company!

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

The place to be

Nov 8, 2021 - Sales Account Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

CEO has vision Not afraid to invest in product to support learners Honest. You know where you stand. Hard work is rewarded

Cons

Very long work hours. Then again, if it was easy anyone could do it.

Savvas Learning Company Response

Thank you so much for your daily contributions and making an impact to Savvas Learning. Your dedication is appreciated. It is important to us to hear what we are doing well and how we could improve. Feedback like yours helps us achieve our full potential as an employer of choice.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great company to learn and see how your product used by school

Oct 27, 2021 - Senior Developer in Boston, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Will have the opportunity to work on a newer technology stack. Communication between employees and employers is transparent and open.

Cons

Need proper planning. compensation is less compared to the current market.

Savvas Learning Company Response

Thank you for your review and all your contributions at Savvas. We're sorry to hear your thoughts on compensation, but we will take note of your feedback so we can review opportunities to improve our competitiveness in the market.

9. 5.0
      Former Employee

Awesome

Nov 4, 2021 - Project Coordinator in Phoenix, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits and great people who challenge you.

Cons

Covid furloughed and position reallocation.

Savvas Learning Company Response

Thanks for the review! If you have any further feedback to share, please email us at feedback@savvas.com.

10. 1.0

Bad Bad BAD! Stay away

Nov 15, 2021 - Account Manager in Chandler, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

work from home thats it

Cons

Horrible leadership no support and your told to learn things out on your own Discriminatory practices Human resources is joke and chalks up everything to the company having a horrible training process lies lies lies They promise you the stars and give you bricks in the end Not much opportunity for career growth, first year you're an order taker and customer service

Savvas Learning Company Response

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. The Company encourages all employees to bring their concerns to management or report anonymously via our ethics hotline. If you wish to provide additional details, please email us at feedback@savvas.com. As our ratings show, Savvas is a great place to work with a bright future. We wish you well.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 127 Reviews