KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Sawdey Solution Services Reviews

Updated Sep 13, 2021

Found 27 of over 29 reviews

4.2
Sawdey Solution Services Owner & President Connie Sawdey (no image)
Connie Sawdey
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great company

Sep 13, 2021 - Security Administrative Journeyman in Wright Patterson AFB, OH
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Good pay - Found work for me when previous assignments ran out - Great work/life balance

Cons

Can't think of any to list.

2. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Fast-growing company who strives to get it right.

Sep 7, 2021 - Corporate Employee in Beavercreek, OH
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Responsive Human Resources department. -Frequent company communications to all employees. -Opportunities available word wide. -Proactive Covid-19 efforts.

Cons

-Sometimes expected to wear too many hats. -No clear career development paths.

3. 5.0

Aug 29, 2021 - FOIA Analyst in Tampa, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent pay and benefits. Caring upper leadership and middle management.

Cons

Nonapplicable. No Cons with this company.

4. 5.0

Goodt place to work

Aug 10, 2021 - Specialized Security Specialist Journeyman in Dayton, OH
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great Salaries Responsive Management HR easily reachabale and readily available

Cons

PTO is minimal, unless you happen to negotaite for higher and it was actually agreed upon No Paternity Leave

5. 2.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Decent company to work for, just needs some process improvement in certain areas.

Aug 13, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Manageable work schedule Day-to-day tasks are not micromanaged Responsive HR

Cons

No clear lines of authority No training plan for new employees, most are expected just to figure it out from day one Salary range is not available for each position until an offer letter is provided

6. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Terrible EO Work Enviroment

Aug 12, 2021 - Technical Resource in Beavercreek, OH
    Business Outlook

Pros

Made me realize my self worth.

Cons

Naturally, competing in the industry where LPTA is disgustingly apparent, you have to make some sacrifices to get an award. That conscious business decision comes with a balance and when you know you under bid and salaries aren’t adequate to support the customer, you need to be more involved from a leadership and overhead company resource perspective. You must provide the team resources from HQ because you lack the ability to staff the proper skillets without going in the red. You must at least give your customer supporting team a break, and provide relief as the skill sets you provide on a collective basis is not conducive of the customer requirements. As your customer runs the team into the ground in one ear, the company is in the other. This poor work environment causes continuity problems, feeds the lack of cohesion amongst a team, creates animosity between the company, customer, and customer supporting team, impacts personal life, and is a horrible psychological environment. This ultimately leads to poor work performance but not on the backs of the team, but on the backs of the company who is supposed to protect and back their employees and the proposal teams inability to properly scope a requirement. Do not forget you make the decision to bid LPTA, if you can’t afford quality staff then that was a business decision not a lack effort or skill sets amongst the team. And with that when core underpaid team members go above and beyond and work hundreds if not thousands of hours to meet customer expectations outside of the scope of the contract, the last thing you do is keeping feeding a toxic work environment. This defense mechanism by core team members, to work countless overtime, a strict mental health decision because of the hostility and inadequate Equal Opportunity environment that is continuously shoved down the throats of underperforming members of the customer supporting team. Numerous sex, age, religious, political, and race discriminatory issues plagued the environment, with me personally witnessing and or experiencing all but race discrimination. Numerous complaints were made, at multiple levels from the customer supporting team, and each time the customer and the company continued to put pressure on the underpaid, over performing, customer support team.

1 person found this review helpful

Sawdey Solution Services Response

Recruiting Manager

First and foremost, thank you for your feedback. We take all employee feedback to heart; our employees are the lifeblood of our organization. Without our employees, we would not exist and that is something we do not take for granted. Sawdey Solution Services does not stand for any type of discrimination or harassment. As a Woman-Owned, Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned organization, we prioritize equality for all. We have no tolerance for the mistreatment of our employees and encourage everyone to come forward if there is even a slight possibility they are not being treated respectfully. We are very selective and purposeful about the type of contracts that we pursue. As part of the process, we always strive to go above and beyond in ensuring no corners are cut during bidding. We would never intentionally underbid something just to win an award. Our strategy never has been and never will be to low-ball bids for the sake of winning work. We strive for excellence in every facet of the support we provide and underbidding work does not breed excellence. We are very sorry you did not have a good experience with one of our customers. Two-way communication between our employees on-site at customer locations and our corporate office is of utmost importance, as we are not there with you on a daily basis. Moving forward, for this contract and others, we will work harder to ensure there are no gaps in communication, and most importantly, that every employee feels valued and treated with respect. If you are willing and interested, we invite you to discuss your situation and experience with the President of the company, Joe Portera. Please call the corporate office main number and we’ll get a meeting set if you wish.

7. 5.0

Attentive

Jul 20, 2021 - Senior Technical Writer in Washington, DC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Room for growth, attentive people

Cons

Small company, time card issues

8. 5.0

Apr 27, 2021 - Security Guard
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great Pay. great enviroment, nice

Cons

None, i have nothing negative to say about sawdey

9. 4.0

May 31, 2021 - Junior Business Operations Specialist in Scott AFB, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible schedule. Company does a great job of keeps you informed of all company happenings and internal job openings.

Cons

Secretive Salaries. Large salary gaps for doing the same job. Some higher paid employees doing lackluster work.

2 people found this review helpful
  10. 5.0
    Former Employee

Great company

Mar 9, 2021 - Configuration Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Loved being apart of this team and always felt well taken care off

Cons

No negative comments I can think of

Viewing 1 - 10 of 27 Reviews

Sawdey Solution Services Reviews FAQs

Sawdey Solution Services has an overall rating of 4.2 out of 5, based on over 29 reviews left anonymously by employees. 91% of employees would recommend working at Sawdey Solution Services to a friend and 65% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -4% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Sawdey Solution Services employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.8 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Sawdey Solution Services. This rating has improved by 3% over the last 12 months.

91% of Sawdey Solution Services employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Sawdey Solution Services 4.3 out of 5 for work life balance, 4 for culture and values and 3.6 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Sawdey Solution Services to be senior leadership, management, benefits and the cons to be work life balance, career development, compensation.

Popular Careers with Sawdey Solution Services Job Seekers