Sazerac Reviews | Glassdoor

Sazerac Reviews

Updated 7 Aug 2019

Found 54 reviews

3.1
Sazerac CEO Mark Brown (no image)
Mark Brown
  1. "Great company"

Former Employee - Production

I worked at Sazerac full-time

Pros

Great company, good team work.

Cons

Only con I would say were benefits.

Sazerac2019-07-30
  2. "Great company"

Current Employee - Human Resources

I have been working at Sazerac full-time for less than a year

Pros

Lots of change happening alongside growth

Cons

Full of opportunity. Company is growing.

Sazerac2019-08-08

"Revamp the Human Resource Department"

Current Employee - Human Resources in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Sazerac full-time

Pros

The atmosphere is laid back and very flexible about employees working from home. The pay is great.

Cons

The CHRO is a jerk. He needs to go through coaching and counseling. Most of his staff dislike him and are afraid to speak up so they go along with the flow. He is very bad about calling them out in front of other staff members. Most of them are afraid to speak up in fear of losing their job. He talks about some of the members on his staff and previous staff staff members to other staff. I have documented proof... and recordings of him speaking very poorly of some of his staff. He is the worst CHRO that I have ever worked for.

Advice to Management

Bring in an outside agency to review the HR department. Allow employees in the HR department to be able to speak freely without fear of retaliation. The company is setting themselves up for a big lawsuit. Listen more to your employees. Employees don’t mind putting in extra work when they feel like their employer appreciate and value them. The culture needs work. Old school ways no longer work. Accept suggestion... from staff to better engage employees.

Sazerac2019-07-11

Sazerac Response

July 24, 2019Recruiter

This is not the kind of thing that I look forward to reading, much less on line. However, I respect the fact that there may be individuals who feel this way. We are going through a lot of growth and change right now, which is not always easy. While not everyone sees eye to eye ...

"Deteriorating Values"

Current Employee - Human Resources in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Sazerac full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good pay and benefits relaxed atmosphere with ability to wear casual wear daily.

Cons

The new leadership is taking the company in a direction that no longer values employees just the almighty dollar. The CHRO is the most unethical individual in the company. He talks trash about others behind their back (including other senior leaders). Others are afraid to confront him in fear of termination as we have all too often seen.

Advice to Management

Take a good look at the leaders ethics and regroup to the values the business was built on.

Sazerac2019-07-28

"Employees not valued"

Current Employee - Brand Ambassador in Portland, OR

I have been working at Sazerac full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great portfolio, that's really about all

Cons

Inexperience in management and company structure for position as well as paying far below industry standard.

Advice to Management

Pay a competitive wage and review best practices from similar companies and positions. Current structure is not effective.

Sazerac2019-07-23

"Company Leadership"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

I worked at Sazerac full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great brands, good location, free parking

Cons

Senior Management is killing the culture they say they want. Actions speak louder than words.

Sazerac2019-07-17

"For Highly Motivated and Driven Professionals"

I have been working at Sazerac full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Sazerac is a great place for those who are looking to make a difference and add value every day. Every role contributes to the success of the company and there is a strong team dynamic across the company. Sazerac is on a growth trajectory and filled with high performers looking to take the business to the next level.

Cons

Growth is not always easy. You have to be adaptable and open to new ideas to be successful. This is a fast-paced environment and there is no place to hide. You have to be ready to contribute and drive change forward.

Sazerac2019-01-06

"Developing Skills & Family-Like Culture"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Sazerac full-time

Pros

-I am a current employee at Sazerac (2+ years). They take a very hands-on approach to develop skills by utilizing the principles set up by the Center For Creative Leadership. This is a huge plus. -They've taken a proactive approach to merge sales & marketing over the years which is nice compared to other companies where they bicker back and forth. -Good compensation vs. competitors. -Private company

Cons

-In a growth stage, which is good in the long run but culture and company is changing. -Still, very lean = always busy and can be stressful. -Low # of holidays. -Maternity leave is antiquated. No paternity leave

Advice to Management

Stay true to company values, and continue to develop your employees.

Sazerac2019-01-15

"Regional Marketing Manager"

Current Employee - Regional Marketing Manager in Miami, FL

I have been working at Sazerac full-time for more than a year

Pros

Sazerac is in a progressive stage of outside hiring and actively seeking talent that will raise the bar for the company. New recruits are given lots of flexibility and autonomy, with weighty expectations to challenge the status quo and prove how/if a new way is truly a better way. I love that my ideas are actively sought out, evaluated and approved to move forward if they make sense for the company. At Sazerac,... I’ve never been told “no” regarding an idea, but instead “we are not ready for that yet” which is very different than other large alc- bev. There are a lot of sharp people who are actively leading this company and who are true examples of merit- based career advancement, which motivates everyone!

Cons

Accountability is not evenly distributed across divisions of the company. As a result, there can be considerable old school vs. new school head- butting as the company recruits more external vs. internal hires and advances its agenda.

Advice to Management

Apply accountability consistently across all teams for the best results. Don’t be afraid to shakeup the old school regimes across the company.

Sazerac2019-01-04

"Just trading time for money."

Former Employee - Office Assistant

I worked at Sazerac part-time for less than a year

Pros

-Decent pay--while non-union, I received excellent pay for the job. -I enjoyed the union friends I made there. While the company may be 'us vs them,' if you're an 'us,' you have support. -Co-ownership: everyone pitches in to help solve issues when they arise. -Work-life balance: when the whistle blows, you go home. That's it.

Cons

-Micro-managed: discouraged from creating own solutions and demanded to work processes exactly as managers did -Too much work per person, at a fast pace, leads to burnout and lack of care in the work. -Warehouse workers are under-appreciated and rewards for longstanding service are embarrassingly pathetic. -Executives & union workers lack trust in each other. This was discernable in daily work, and was a... constant 'us vs them.'

Advice to Management

Hire more than one person per job to spread out the load and reduce emergencies when someone is out of the office. Also work to create trust between union workers and non-union management. Offer incentives for good work.

Sazerac2019-01-22