Scalyr Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 40 reviews

5.0
Scalyr CEO Christine Heckart
Christine Heckart

"Awesome Place to work!!"

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Scalyr full-time for less than a year

Pros

1. Fantastic values, culture, management, and people. 2. Enthusiastic Leadership team 3. Cloud-Native product 4. Excellent growth opportunity

Cons

startup mode - I am pretty sure this is just a phase ;)

Scalyr2019-09-05
  2. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Product Management in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Scalyr full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great, inclusive environment with great benefits. Colleagues are enthusiastic about helping you come up to speed. If you enjoy collaborative work, this is a great place to be.

Cons

All the usual characteristics of a startup but this is more a feature than a bug!

Scalyr2019-07-01
  3. "Awesome place to be!"

I have been working at Scalyr full-time for less than a year

Pros

Culture: inclusive, diverse, transparent, mindful, purposeful Leadership: accountable, not afraid to roll their sleeves up, open, accessible

Cons

Usual chaos of an early stage start up.

Advice to Management

Keep pushing to polish our procedures, product, and culture.

Scalyr2019-05-31
  4. "Cool product, great culture and awesome team"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Scalyr full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Very welcoming and productive atmosphere. - Professional team: constructive, no-drama, efficient, positive and open-minded - Great culture that promotes communication across teams: team lunches, show'n tells, board games - High hiring standards but not dogmatic (!) - Great benefits - New office location is pretty convenient if you commute from the city or south bay

Cons

It is an early stage startup which depending on your preferences can be either a con or a pro. So things change often, processes are not perfect, communication is key. Still for a startup it feels pretty solid. Great leadership and awesome team keep everything under control.

Scalyr2019-05-14

"Amazing Team"

Current Employee - Software Development Engineer in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Scalyr full-time for less than a year

Pros

#amazing #smartpeople #humble #boardgames #freelunch #sanmateo #relaxed #focused #greatculture #transparent #fun

Cons

Well actually I cannot think of any .. but maybe .. #small #lotsofworktobedone :D .. Well actually both of above are good things

Advice to Management

The sales + marketing + engineering cross integration is great !

Scalyr2019-05-07

"Balanced, solid startup with a huge market, strong team & good culture"

Current Employee - Engineer

I have been working at Scalyr full-time for less than a year

Pros

No hubris. Singular focus on solving customer pain points. Efficient work culture stemming from an explicit priority to preserve work-life balance. Capable colleagues, high hiring bar. (This preserves product quality & efficiency.) Revenue-generating startup with a solid, differentiated product in very large market.

Cons

No real cons thus far (aside from conscious tradeoffs). This is a rare startup that desires to preserve work-life balance . Only works with a certain level of competence and efficient use of time and resources. It also means everyone has to pull their weight. Probably not a good fit it you're looking to coast, or if lavish perks matter.

Advice to Management

Keep educating existing and potential customers on the competitive benefits of our product.

Scalyr2019-04-29
  7. "Grateful and pumped!"

Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Scalyr full-time for less than a year

Pros

The technology saves engineers and operations precious time and is easier and more affordable than alternatives: Compelling offering Customers love the tech. Inclusive, transparent, and awesome benefits like paid-for healthcare: Great Culture Ability to make an immediate impact. Humble, really smart, and enthusiastic colleagues. Tremendous upside given the the continued growth of DevOps, Cloud, and Container... adoption.

Cons

I get emails everyday about the free, delicious lunch options everyone in HQ gets to select from everyday :-)

Advice to Management

Keep Rocking!

Scalyr2019-04-22

"Great people, awesome culture"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Scalyr full-time

Pros

People, product and amazing opportunities for growth! Lunch with everyone, great Friday show 'n tell, variety of snacks, and did I mention warm, friendly, very smart people, and a product with great potential.

Cons

In growth mode, so expect occasional re-prioritizations.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work 😊

Scalyr2019-04-16

"As they described, and more :)"

I have been working at Scalyr full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Diversity (Gender, Race, Background, Age, and ideology) - Get to work with some really smart AND humble people. Seriously, I haven't encountered any nasty ego's from my co-workers. - Such diverse personalities (some have side businesses, some DJ, some scuba dive, others researched a cure for cancer, or had a previous acting career) - Flexible work schedule - Highly supportive team work - Fun board game... nights and lunch hangouts - Now that we've moved to Downtown San Mateo, lots of things to do! And our new office is so nice - Very technical product - Benefits. 100% Health Insurance + Dental + Vision. Unlimited PTO. Free lunch everyday at work. - It's easy to communicate with the exec team - Transparency - I get to know what's going on around the company and where we're heading - Your work matters and has an impact

Cons

- This is a pro or con depending on who you are. We /are/ a startup so work ebbs, flows, and changes direction and you should be okay with adapting to change. For me, it's fun and work is never boring. It also gives me a stronger sense of community with my coworkers as we ride the waves together. For others, it may be a bit stressful. - Open desk floor-plan - Found out I don't quite like open door floor plans... because I get easily distracted by the activity happening around me, but it's easily solved as I just sit in one of the smaller conference meeting rooms or move to a more quiet area of the office.

Advice to Management

Not any I can think of at the moment. Will maybe update this post in the future when it comes to me.

Scalyr2019-03-27

"Awesome company"

Current Employee - Chief Executive Officer in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Scalyr full-time for less than a year

Pros

Amazing company with huge market and potential. Strong culture: transparent, honest, high EQ. Excellent opportunities to learn/stretch skills, work on hard problems, and help customers in a big way. Every person can make a major impact, if they want to. Benefits are excellent. Strong revenue and growth, especially for a series A. Love working here.

Cons

It's a series A start up, in all its ambiguity and glory. Not everything is figured out. Process is weak. The strategy is being fleshed out with a new, incoming CEO. Real progress, but more to go. Can't hire fast enough, creates continual trade-off decisions.

Advice to Management

Continue to build on the great culture. This company can be big and important so stay true to building that future vision.

Scalyr2019-03-27