ScanSource Reviews | Glassdoor

ScanSource Reviews

Updated June 2, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Cons

1. "Senior SAP BW Consultant"

Former Employee - Senior SAP BW Consultant in Greenville, SC
    Former Employee - Senior SAP BW Consultant in Greenville, SC

I worked at ScanSource (More than a year)

Pros

Well managed environment and excellent place to work.

Cons

No regrets working there as I worked as contractor and performed my duties to their expectation.

Advice to Management

Not applicable

2. "Product Marketing Manager, POS Division"

Former Employee - Product Marketing Manager in Greenville, SC
    Former Employee - Product Marketing Manager in Greenville, SC

I worked at ScanSource full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great bonus structure, 401k, and stock retention program.
    Management truly cared about my success as an employee and wants to give you the flexibility to not just move around, but up. They consistently ask what your goals are for your career and life, and they work to give you the tools necessary to make that goal achievable. You'll love the face paced culture and "win together, play together" environment.
    I felt like I was able to make an impact in the relationships that I managed, the business that I ran, and community that we as a company gave back to. I felt fulfilled working here.
    I was truly sad to leave such an amazing job and group of friends, but I had other family commitments take me out of the city.

Cons

Looking back, there were no con's during my employment at ScanSource.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing! Empower employees and continue making an impact!

"Severely underpaid"

Current Employee - Accountant in Greenville, SC
    Current Employee - Accountant in Greenville, SC

I have been working at ScanSource full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good overall company culture - the employees that work there are really great.

Cons

Salary compensation is a joke. Also, the extra benefits that they rage about like the profit sharing has been in decline the last few years - 3-4% of a profit sharing based on your salary is just not enough to swing the dial when they could give you a 25-50% raise and only just begin to put you in the correct range for your job.

Advice to Management

Pay your employees more soon or you will start to see some serious turnover. You can say you care about us but until you pay us a decent salary we just can't see that.

"Sales Representative"

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Greenville, SC
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Greenville, SC

I worked at ScanSource full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Awesome perks and benefits. Vendors always have a promos/events going on. Someone is always willing to help out.

Cons

The "Not bad/Not great" nailed it on the head. Way too many managers/team leads. Communication can be lost in translation. Very limited growth opportunity.

"Not bad/Not great"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

I have been working at ScanSource full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great benefits and work/life balance. Company is invested in employee health & wellness. Most managers are empathetic if employee or family is ill and encourage time to recover. Very laid back environment where social interaction is encouraged. Variety of vendor sponsored events along with company socials functions. Takes more modern approach to company culture.

Cons

Some departments can be very cliquish. Favored slackers easily hide among hard workers and ego-driven managers. Expectations are vague and ever-changing. Lack of training has become a glaring issue. Outside offices and support departments often feel unappreciated and ignored. Pay could be more competitive. Little opportunity for growth and advancement.

Advice to Management

The management hierarchy is ridiculous! There are too many managers, team leads, & directors. Many hardworking unsung heroes are standing in the shadows of slackers charming their way to the top. Since last year's transition, certain inefficiencies have arisen with little corrective action from management. Training since the transition has been a joke with inconsistent, vague expectations and little accountability. Suggestions from "rank & file" are rarely considered unless they kiss up to management. Some individuals and even whole departments are not held accountable for their inaction, while others are expected to bear the responsibility. Continue this route, the company nicknamed the "Google of Greenville" will become another misguided greedy corporation with a revolving door. Consider making changes soon to remain a top employer.

6. "Great first job just no upward mobility"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Lenexa, KS
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Lenexa, KS

I worked at ScanSource full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Incredible culture, great coworkers and support system, amazing benefit package and vacation time, plus very aggressive profit sharing

Cons

Very low base pay, constantly changing compensation plan, zero flexibility in work schedule, lots of pressure from high executives and constant micro managing.

Advice to Management

There is no upward mobility unless you live in Greenville, the corporate office and so many jobs can be done outside that office. It instills a very negative culture in the outer office when they feel they are worth less than the corporate location. The overall culture is great, but a very strong emphasis needs to be made to include the entire company. The world does not revolve around Greenville and it is a shame so many great people left (even though they didn't want to) simply because they did not want to move across the country for a different position.

7. "Amazing Experience"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Greenville, SC

I worked at ScanSource full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Cares a lot about employees
    Great PTO, Sick & Personal days
    Very chill/casual environment

Cons

Not much upward movement... if you want to advance in your career, there is not much opportunity at all.

8. "Family Oriented"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Greenville, SC
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Greenville, SC

I worked at ScanSource (More than 5 years)

Pros

This company was a family oriented company. Worked well in and out of the office. They were concerned about their employees, and their families

Cons

I don't have any cons. I really enjoyed working with them.

"Great place to work"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Greenville, SC

I worked at ScanSource full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Awesome company, lots of fun events, lots of opportunity.

Cons

Starting pay is kind of low

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

10. "Great company with great potential"

Current Employee - Anonymous in Greenville, SC
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Greenville, SC

I have been working at ScanSource full-time

Pros

This is a fantastic place to work and I want it to be known that the Pros far outweigh the Cons in my opinion.

- Friendly atmosphere
    - Family Oriented
    - Reasonable Schedules
    - Clean Work Environment
    - Job Freedom
    - Volunteering Opportunities
    - Travel Opportunities
    - Community Focused

Cons

The pay could definitely be better. Career advancement opportunities are few and far between. Decision making is often misplaced. There is good deal of micromanagement going on.

Advice to Management

I think it's silly that a multi-billion dollar company has so many complaints about sub par compensation. A company is only as good as its employees and they should be compensated accordingly.

Let the most qualified individuals within a department make decisions that affect that department. Don't forget that the people doing a job on a day to day basis know that job better than you.