Scarborough Research Reviews | Glassdoor

Tom Drouillard

1. "Scarborough Research"

Former Employee - Production Coordinator in Sarasota, FL
    Former Employee - Production Coordinator in Sarasota, FL

I worked at Scarborough Research full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great pay, paid time off

Cons

Night time hours, weekend work

2. "Research Interviewer"

Current Employee - Research Associate in Sarasota, FL
    Current Employee - Research Associate in Sarasota, FL

I have been working at Scarborough Research part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Occasional free food of poor quality,Deals and bonuses for "favored" full time employees and their supervisors. No chance for full time or benefits they will work you to death while getting rich.

Cons

Lead by fear and humiliation,bosses make the real money, you are abused while data mining for big companies for less than 200 a week working with one 15 min bathroom break Must dial and get survey every 30 seconds or you are publicly humiliated and eventually fired. Rules change daily, very confusing.Management is corrupt only cares about lining their pockets. Untrustworthy leadership.Old hands act like friends but you are there for them to throw you under the bus when their jobs are threatened. They employ a sex offender, Violent offender who receive special treatment by kissing the derriere and more of their supervisors. Take any other job,they will destroy your dignity and will beat the tar out if you while smiling

Advice to Management

Hire all new people and get rid of all current management. . No one with any self respect likes them. All the good people are gone. The actions of Hr and current management are deplorable. Discredit to the old Scarborough.

"This used to be a great comany.."

Current Employee - Telephone Researcher in Sarasota, FL
    Current Employee - Telephone Researcher in Sarasota, FL

I have been working at Scarborough Research part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Decent hours
    Friendly co workers
    In-office management kind
    Most supervisors tolerable, two of them excellent

Cons

Nielsen RUINED THIS PLACE

Terrible upper management
    Threatens with mass firings every few months
    Inability or no desire to understand actual office and survey workings
    Fingers-in-their-ears policy when it comes to any explaining
    useless virtue signaling programs that are only meant to APPEAR like they care about anything

I worked at this company for years before nielsen took over, and now everyone is miserable. Three years ago i would have given this place an easy 10! The in office management is even miserable!! They demand more surveys from you while their own program for getting them doesnt work half the time, they place you in IMPOSSIBLE numbers and expect you to get an insane amount of completes with them, When you LEGALLY CANNOT DO A SURVEY they hold it against you, and they dont want to hear a single dissenting opinion you have no matter how polite you try and be. They have even lied to our face before!

And get this:
    THEY CLAIM WE ARE THE BEST CENTER THEY HAVE. We get the most completes on the toughest numbers AND THEY STILL TREAT US LIKE DIRT!!

I am looking forward to leaving this company-- and that BREAKS MY HEART. I used to love this place, with all my friends and very friendly supervisors its beyond frustrating. This ho-dum simple call center with a fun and appreciative environment has become a kind of hell for everyone involved. A few days ago they lightly poked the idea of us shutting down AGAIN FOR THE THIRD TIME and i just lost all patience. EVERYONE in that place is job hunting right now, this i promise.

I will always miss the Scarborough i was at for years. I'll miss all the employees who walked out in anger or were let go after even decades of working there due to some ridiculous new guideline.. It was a fantastic place to work and i hate that some bigger company came by and ruined it.

i would say dont work here, but im positive this place will go under by the beginning of next year.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees! There is not a business in the world that treats their employees like you have and stays afloat! You are going to lose EVERYONE thats worth a damn if you dont smarten up!

"Ehh...😪"

Current Employee - Research Interviewer in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Research Interviewer in Tampa, FL

Pros

It's not too difficult of a job if you're a college student trying to make more than minimum wage.

Cons

-the shifts aren't flexible
    -often miscommunications among management
    -extremely hard to advance unless bilingual and even then it's still tough
    -cold calling numbers all the way up until 9:50pm! (which ensures you'll get an angry repondent 90% of the time)
    -repondents refusing to do phone surveys count against your numbers and are levied against you as having an inability to perform the job
    -new hires start at a higher rate, while seasoned employees must wait until their yearly review in order to possibly obtain the same pay rate.

Advice to Management

Make sure every manager and team or group lead is on the same page and that the payroll department is doing thier job so employees won't have money missing come payday.
    Stop hiring people in positions of management from outside of the company with no clue as to how the company actually works!!!

6. "Research Interview"

Current Employee - Research Interviewer in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Research Interviewer in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Scarborough Research part-time

Pros

A lot of upward mobility in pay. Great part time work if you have a 9 to 5

Cons

Not everything is straight foward

7. "Media Editor"

Former Employee - FLORIDA in Coral Springs, FL
    Former Employee - FLORIDA in Coral Springs, FL

I worked at Scarborough Research full-time

Pros

People were very nice to work with. Safe and clean place to work. Offered very good benefits to full time employees.

Cons

No room for advancement. Did not recognize employees for the good work they did, only when something was wrong, an example was made out of this.

Advice to Management

VERY, VERY unprofessional.The same rules did not apply to everyone. Looked for negatives instead of praising positives. Did not look to motivate, instead looked to critize

8. "Thick skin is a MUST!"

Former Employee - Research Interviewer in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Research Interviewer in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Scarborough Research part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay is great, plus the ability to add on extra hours. For Thanksgiving, they paid DOUBLE when an employee picked up an extra 4 hours or more. Crazy amazing. The people I worked with were wonderful, funny, sweet, and truly became my friends. My center was in a beautiful, modern building as well. Training was paid, 2 weeks. Fantastic incentives almost daily, but I never personally saw many people obtain the reward.

Cons

Being yelled at by people over the phone is a real drag. You have to not take it personally, but it still sucks. I don't know of any person who genuinely desires to be yelled at at least once a night 5 or 6 days out of the week. Also, Team Leads are EXTREMELY impersonal. You are a number. Submit a request that they will never respond to, because they don't care too much about you as a human being. With the switch over to Neilson, many rules were becoming ridiculously strict and everyone felt very afraid. Not exactly prime working conditions. Lastly, Team Leads are cell phone nazis. I had my phone in my lap between my legs and still got in trouble. Felt like being in high school.

Advice to Management

We are people, not numbers. Your turn over rate will improve the moment you recognize this.

9. "laid back ,easy"

Former Employee - Outbound Interviewer in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Outbound Interviewer in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Scarborough Research part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

easy ,no brainer job.just follow the script and dial.

Cons

no benefits or fulltime positions ,which is why I moved on.

Advice to Management

hire more people full-time

10. "Easy but boring"

I worked at Scarborough Research part-time

Pros

Incentives
    Pay is good
    Casual dress code
    Go in sit for 5 hours go home

Cons

Only Part time
    No motivation from upper management
    Felt the coaches 'favorite' certain employees
    no day shifts
    short breaks
    treats you like a high school student

Advice to Management

Upper Management should be motivational to the call center because this job can be very boring!

"Awsome place to work"

Former Employee - Telephone Interviewer in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Scarborough Research part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

All and everything nothing bad

Cons

None that I can think of

Advice to Management

Good and very laid back environment