ScentAir Technologies Reviews | Glassdoor

3.1
Rating Trends Rating Trends
ScentAir Technologies CEO Andrew Kindfuller
Andrew Kindfuller

Pros
  • Work from home, and set your own schedule (in 8 reviews)

• Great product with great direct team report (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • I think the field reps have it WAY easy, your compensation is generous and your territories are fair (in 4 reviews)

• Don't like Sales people that poach others Territory (in 4 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Account Executive"

I have been working at ScentAir Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great work life balance and schedule flexibility. I have worked at ScentAir for over a year and have only missed my number two times. Most months I have been able to double expected number. This is a great sales job for motivated sales professionals. Support from managers to help turn around performance before giving up employees.

Cons

No real detractors. The only advise I have is to be realistic with yourself before accepting the job. If you know you are not a self-starter and you give up easily don't entertain a "work from home" job.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work.

May 4, 2016 – CEO

It’s great to hear from a stellar performer within the company! Thank you for your ongoing service to ScentAir. You are 100% correct that, even with a product that is great fun to sell, you need ... More

2. "Great Place"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I worked at ScentAir Technologies full-time

Pros

The people, the product and the culture

Cons

high-growth... still working through processes and procedures

Advice to Management

Keep up the hard work!

Sep 29, 2016 – CEO

Thank you for this very positive review! We, too, love our people and our product, and we work every day to keep our employees happy and thriving. You are also correct about the high growth process ... More

"Unorganized, unprofessional, embarrassing"

I have been working at ScentAir Technologies full-time

Pros

The people we work with are great.

Cons

I do not recommend this company

"Too much management"

Pros

You don't have to have management experience to be promoted to one

Cons

This company spend so much money hiring and creating supervisor and management positions to keep everyone else in line. Managers pit employees against each other. Only the little people are held accountable. Very negative environment.

Advice to Management

Learn how to manage and run a company

"It's all about the experience"

Current Employee - Sales in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Sales in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at ScentAir Technologies (More than a year)

Pros

Unique Branding Solution that, with time to educate future customers, is a great way to enhance the customer experience and separate one business from another through the use of scent.
    Good commission potential for sales once funnel is developed and mature.

Cons

Owners not as patient as they once were. The top sales people will all say that it took 1 1/2 years or more to develop their territories but the company is expecting top sales results after only a few short months w/out support from Corp

Advice to Management

Patience and support not pressure and panic

Sep 29, 2016 – CEO

Thank you for your review and your ongoing service with ScentAir. So glad to hear of your passion and excitement for our product. I’m sure it translates well during your sales meetings, which, in ... More

7. "Regional Account Executive"

I have been working at ScentAir Technologies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Esprit de Corps
    CEO ... Compassionate-visionary-increased Worlwide presence 10 fold -awesome
    Best Sales Manager .... His definition of our TEAM! Bunch of loose professional that get the job done!

Cons

Don't like Sales people that poach others Territory!

Sep 29, 2016 – CEO

Thank you for your kind review. We really appreciate your over five years with the company. You are so right about our positive Esprit de Corps – that is why I love coming to work! And our growing ... More

8. "Former Executive Assistant"

Former Employee - Executive Assistant in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Executive Assistant in Charlotte, NC

I worked at ScentAir Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

What an amazing company!! I absolutely loved my time with ScentAir and I miss my superiors and co-workers terribly. It was an extremely difficult decision to leave, but the amount of respect I have for the people that helped me make my decision is tremendous. I reported directly to the CEO and supported the CFO, and 4 VP's. Such an amazing team that honestly has the company's best interest at heart. My co-workers made my days fun and enjoyable. Incredible employees in all areas of the company!! Most of all I miss my leader and teacher, Andy Kindfuller. Absolutely the very best mentor I've ever had and helped me to grow as an executive assistant dramatically. His brutal expense reporting, I still use the ways he taught me in my current job :) Needless to say, I loved my experience there and think of the employees everyday. Always puts a smile on my face!!

Cons

Absolutely none! This is a great company with a stellar product.

Advice to Management

The care for the best interest of the company was truly heartfelt. Even through the tough decisions that had to be made, it only increased my respect for each of you. You all are a great team and it was an honor to work with you.

Jun 1, 2016 – CEO

WOW – what a great message. We are always sorry when someone leaves ScentAir – especially someone who has such nice things to say about me!!! ScentAir is a great company because we have wonderful ... More

"Regional Account Manager"

Former Employee - US Regional Account Executive/Territory Manager in West Palm Beach, FL

I worked at ScentAir Technologies (More than a year)

Pros

Work from home, and set your own schedule. Fair quotas and goals.

Cons

Working with chemical products is always risky.

Jun 1, 2016 – CEO

Thank you for your review and your service to ScentAir. We are happy you enjoyed working with us. I wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors and thank you for working for us. Best ... More

"Great Product, Great Culture"

I have been working at ScentAir Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love this company. ScentAir is small enough to build great relationships and big enough to make an impact. It's great getting to sell a product that you believe in and that's fun, and especially in such a supportive environment. The community culture is fantastic!! Even the CEO knows everyone's names :)

Cons

Sometimes there is not enough conversation between departments, if Account Executives don't reach out sufficiently. If you work to build relationships, this is not a problem.

Jun 1, 2016 – CEO

Thank you for your positive review and for your service to ScentAir. Everyone in ScentAir management tries to be very approachable, and I specifically love having lots of direct interaction with our ... More

"Let's get this straight..."

Current Employee - Corporate Office in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Corporate Office in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at ScentAir Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Most people who I speak with really enjoy working at ScentAir, whether they are in the field or at the home office. The CEO can be very personable and often walks around and speaks with people. There is a lot to be said about the flexibility of the work/personal life balance that ScentAir provides. Does it pay the best, absolutely not, but you have to look at your own personal situation and see what works best for you.

The market is fresh and the product offerings are top-notch and steadily improving. If you want to get in with a quickly growing company, I suggest you check out career opportunities. The culture is touted as fun and outgoing, and in most cases this is true. There are recaps of large wins and the CEO and executive staff often show appreciation for the employees through planned events and meetings.

Cons

This company is not for everyone. It is small but growing fast, probably too fast. People eat their lunch in meetings and each position is asked to do probably well more than what their role actually entails.

A lot of the reviews you will read on here talk about no product support, no customer support, blah-blah. No, actually, everyone is trying to do as much as they can in their workday that they often stay after hours just to complete their assignments. I think the expectations of employees is quite high and deadlines are tight, but that is to be expected.

I think the field reps have it WAY easy, your compensation is generous and your territories are fair. Those that actually put in 5-day work weeks reach their goals and often times while working on weekends. Those that slack off and expect to be paid for it are weeded out pretty quickly, but I question how some are even hired in the first place. Hire those you know are going to succeed and do what it takes.

Advice to Management

Create opportunities for growth at the company. That is the number one suggestion. Promote from within. There Even though we are privately owned, consider your employees salary/wages and maybe include bonuses for work well done (Field Reps get bonuses, 95% of corporate employees do not)

May 4, 2016 – CEO

Thank you very much for this thorough and comprehensive review. I may not agree with all your points but I very much appreciate the time and energy you put into your comments. I am glad you ... More